collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: White Fashion Style Celestia?  (Read 3473 times)

Stroggos

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: White Fashion Style Celestia?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
And DJPon-3 will also be being released soon, but she's also aimed towards the brony/collector market.
And I'm sure some of those brony collectors will complain that the DJ is actually slightly yellow, and thus the pure white toy is completely inaccurate and not worth a purchase.

Hahahahaha. "Why can't they make a white Celestia with a pink outline on her body and molded hair that is in the perfect shape but moves when she walks LIKE IN THE SHOW!?"

This is a serious concern of mine. I am hoping Hasbro hire a team of hair physics engineers and professional beauty artists. We have the technology.

popyduggan

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:59 AM »
they could have hair roots ventilated like those air flow game controllers, but i'm sure they'd weigh 5 pounds and cost $40 a piece then.

i'm sure a white fs celestia is slated somewhere at hasbro hq, they released 2 already, so why not 3?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:13:30 AM by popyduggan »

Stroggos

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »
they could have hair roots ventilated like those air flow game controllers, but i'm sure they'd weigh 5 pounds and cost $40 a piece then.

i'm sure a white fs celestia is slated somewhere at hasbro hq, they released 2 already, so why not 3?

I'm hoping that if she does get released she has matt wings instead of glitter on them, it looks more natural.

ChenilleTwist

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
I fully realize you're just teasing, yet I cannot help but mention that most bronys aren't that unreasonable when it comes to the toys. :lol:

Male toy collectors are simply more used to show accuracy in their toy lines, and have come to expect the toy company to at least try. They also value different things, and if you've seen what's popular amongst toy collectors (Articulation being one thing) it is the complete opposite of the cute simplicity of MLP.

I honestly don't think any brony is going to get upset that Vinyl Scratch isn't the right shade of pale yellow (I didn't even realize that, her outline is grey!) they are just thrilled that Hasbro bothered to make her in the first place. If anything, they'll just complain about the glasses printed over the eye indents and how lazy that was! :lol:

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »
No brony has complained abaout scratches color. Everyone makes a custom using just Rarity.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 11:57:22 AM »
Of course we're just making a joke, not claiming that it is something someone would actually say. (And we're not singling out male collectors either. I consider female fans to be bronies just like male fans. The term has become gender-neutral these days. Evidence being, I get called a brony when I wear my FiM t-shirt in public, and I am VERY obviously female lol)

I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the DJ toy's coloration either. Thus making it a 'safe' topic to joke about. ;)

Post Merge: July 31, 2012, 11:57:59 AM

I hope this is true! Maybe she'll be a TRU exclusive next year, the way the talking white one is this year!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Stroggos

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 12:04:42 PM »
I fully realize you're just teasing, yet I cannot help but mention that most bronys aren't that unreasonable when it comes to the toys. :lol:

Male toy collectors are simply more used to show accuracy in their toy lines, and have come to expect the toy company to at least try. They also value different things, and if you've seen what's popular amongst toy collectors (Articulation being one thing) it is the complete opposite of the cute simplicity of MLP.

I honestly don't think any brony is going to get upset that Vinyl Scratch isn't the right shade of pale yellow (I didn't even realize that, her outline is grey!) they are just thrilled that Hasbro bothered to make her in the first place. If anything, they'll just complain about the glasses printed over the eye indents and how lazy that was! :lol:

Talking of Vinyl I was amazed at just how shoddy that was, especially considering they already have eyemolds that fit the glasses perfectly for the round-eye ponies like Pinkie Pie. It was clearly a total rush job with the Rarity mold because I guess that was already tanked up with white plastic or they had blanks or something.

I don't really want to keep complaining (OK, Yes I do. Very much so), but as has been said elsewhere Hasbro's QC has really gone down the tubes.. I'm really glad I got my bangs ponies before they started cutting so many corners.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »
-_- I agree, when I saw the DJ prototype I wasn't alarmed at all, I thought for sure it was just for the prototype and it would be fixed by the time they were massed produced. Then I saw the stock photos for the TRU website and I was like "They didn't fix that!? Wth!"

Way not cool, Hasbro. And they of course threw her in with a giant $30 playset so if we want any of the other characters, we'll have to buy her too.

And if they don't get the amount of sales they're looking for with that playset, of course they're not going to blame their own cheap quality, oh no. No doubt Hasbro will just say "Well obviously the fans of the show don't want to buy the toys, so we'll just go back to focusing on our little girl demographic like we always have."

>.< Grrrr.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Stroggos

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 01:35:48 PM »
"Well obviously the fans of the show don't want to buy the toys, so we'll just go back to focusing on our little girl demographic like we always have."

Offtopic and possibly controversial, but I couldn't help but read that in Antoine Dodson's voice.

Valid points though. I wouldn't buy all the extra stuff, I'd just buy her loose off fleabay.. Sometimes Hasbro get stuff Really Right, like with the white brushable celestia and white celestia (if they are ever released) and the DD fashion style (despite supply problems..), othertimes it seems like they are their own worst enemies.

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »
Talking of Vinyl I was amazed at just how shoddy that was, especially considering they already have eyemolds that fit the glasses perfectly for the round-eye ponies like Pinkie Pie. It was clearly a total rush job with the Rarity mold because I guess that was already tanked up with white plastic or they had blanks or something.
I think it's just that Hasbro really, really doesn't want to make more molds than they absolutely have to for brushable ponies this generation, even if it's something as simple as combining the unicorn horn with round eye indentations.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2012, 12:26:41 PM »
I think it's just that Hasbro really, really doesn't want to make more molds than they absolutely have to for brushable ponies this generation, even if it's something as simple as combining the unicorn horn with round eye indentations.

More head moulds cost more money - I am sure we ll see a little variation eventually but I would guess it will be an only occasionally thing. Personally I can live with the same moulds and eye styles if we could just get some new characters :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
I really hope they eventually will release a white FS Celestia. I have all the other FS ponies at the moment except for the SA & Cadence because those aren't in my local Target yet, but I keep skipping over Celestia because I hate how she looks in pink. If they release a white version of her, I'll buy it. Same goes for the smaller brushable that's just shown up as white. I'll buy her when she comes out even though I've skipped all the other Celestia's of that size.

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »
Want want want!! Maybe if we buy enough talking white Celestia's, it will convince them to release her??!   :lol:

Haha good thinking:) I would love to own her in white
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal