collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Mania Queen Chryssalis question  (Read 818 times)

Offline Kyubey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
Pony Mania Queen Chryssalis question
« on: February 02, 2016, 04:41:43 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So this pony finally arrived at my house from the French Toys'R'us website after lots of trouble.
Spoiler
The package was believed to be lost and customer service wouldn't just give me the package number when my post office needed it to see where she was. Then the package suddenly got returned to them and I had to buy her again after a refund because they couldn't just send the package back to me for some reason. It was a mess.
After she arrived I pressed the button to hear her talk. I know she has a variety of different quotes, but when I pressed the button on her flank, I only hear two options: the maniacal laughter and the magical whooshing sounds to which her wings light up. I thought this was strange since I own the Nightmare Moon version of this line and she says all of her intended quotes while in the package.

My guess would be that something is wrong with the demo batteries included. But I'm not sure if a low battery could result in only two quotes being said. I'd rather not  take her out of her box to try other batteries though.

Another possibility that came to mind (which I hope isn't the case) is that the European Stores sell a different Chrysallis who doesn't have any quotes other than those two things. I did notice a difference in the back of the package. Most of the Chrysalises I saw in reviews have this version of the back:

While mine looks more accurate to the toy:

So I was wondering what you guys think. Is my Chrysalis low on batteries, defective or is she just a different version alltogether?

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mania Queen Chryssalis question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 04:47:35 AM »
This is the case with all the European ones. She's suposed to laugh only. I got mine from Germany and she doesn't speak either.

Offline Kyubey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 04:57:51 AM »
This is the case with all the European ones. She's suposed to laugh only. I got mine from Germany and she doesn't speak either.
Dang, that's a real bummer :( Part of the reason why I bought her was because I loved her show accurate quotes. Well, not much I can do then. At least she still looks great and I appreciate the more accurate packaging.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 05:52:47 AM »
Dang, that's a real bummer :( Part of the reason why I bought her was because I loved her show accurate quotes. Well, not much I can do then. At least she still looks great and I appreciate the more accurate packaging.

Indeed. I keep btw laughing at the enormous Vector Error they made on the Back of the Packaging. Half her neck is missing. XD

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 09:20:41 AM »
Yeah I think Hasbro cheaped out and didn't want to release multi-language Chrysalis ponies, so for some releases, the ponies don't speak at all.  Shame really.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 01:31:49 PM »
I bought mine from Toys R Us I think in November or December and she says a few things.  I just don't like her designs, I wish she was more show accurate.  Also, her wings aren't like the show either.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 02:41:54 PM »

I haven't seen any Chrysalis in the UK yet, though our most local TRU is tiny and the bigger one is hard to get to, but I wonder whether we just got the American one, or we got the European one. Either way, that's really cheap, somehow, to not bother to translate it for a multilingual market. How to tell all non-native English speakers (and maybe Europeans in general) that they aren't worth the effort...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »
I have to cut them some slack here. It's not only that you have to produce localised versions, which in itself is a massive effort. It also means that selling them and all that goes along with it (knowing how many versions you have to make for each individual market, shipping, organising...) is a lot more expensive as well and produces many extra costs, plus you need to invest more in general as you will produce more products (as each country version is different, each version needs to be treated as an individual product) in smaller numbers, which also means that you will not have the same benefits as if you could mass produce it on a larger scale.

And that's only what happens after you have decided which languages you want to offer! Only the big four (German, French, Spanish, Italian), or will you include other languages as well? You also have to keep in mind that some countries might react very negatively if you offer a version for a certain other country, but not theirs.

It is a lot more effort that they would have to return to the customers by noticeably increasing the price.

I'd love to see that companies at least give you the choice to effortlessly buy the international English version. As it is now you have to import them, which is always more expensive than just buying them locally. I watch the show in the original version anyways, so I wouldn't want a German speaking toy, but I can totally see the frustration this causes for many! It just feels unfair.
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 05:45:15 PM »
If they could manage with the Sweet Talking Ponies in the 1990s, there's really no excuse. Admittedly, they don't seem to have been sold everywhere, but it's a step backwards when you could do three different languages then and not now. Especially since the show appears to be dubbed into a lot of languages...surely you're just taking the lines from the dubbed show, as opposed to the Sweet Talking Ponies, which were obviously recorded for the purpose of the toy...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 03:10:49 AM »
Eh, I forgot that they had talking ponies before, and I must admit I am not very familiar with them. You are right of course, if they did go all the way back then, they could do it again!
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 09:56:17 AM »
It's not that it would be impossible, just economically not feasible.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 05:00:25 PM »
Chrysalis is the only one who has the tv voice actor, the talking cadance and celestia I have have the same default woman doing lines.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal