collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 90311 times)

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1815 on: May 15, 2024, 06:35:02 AM »
Poor thing, I'm sure they had a good life. I'm sorry for your loss, Ponyfan.  :hug: :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1816 on: May 15, 2024, 08:56:23 AM »
:hug: Ponyfan.

My trivial complaint - the tall cupboard has mould in the back again. We had some issues with a leaking roof a while back which has now been fixed. BUT getting the mould permanently out of the cupboard has been so difficult. I am resorting it now to try and improve the ventilation, but it's so annoying.

A few G4 ponies in packaging bore the brunt of it on shelf 4. Most are fine, but one had to be decarded. I have no real emotion over G4 on card, thankfully, so throwing the packaging out was not a big deal - but it makes me worry a little bit about my G1s in the other cupboard...

Fortunately the most valuable (to me) thing on that shelf, Wedding Bells Confetti's box, is unharmed.

Anyhow, one pony got unexpectedly decarded as she's fine but her package was toast. Another one needs to be decarded but it's a pony I already have loose so I'm not really sure what to do with her. The others wiped down fine, thankfully.

It's not a massive mould infestation, just a line of it along the back wall where the water seeped in and we didn't manage to spot it. But it's annoying and unpleasant.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 01:33:38 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: Yesterday at 06:40:38 AM »
Today's complaint is that my soda exploded & I was really looking forward to drinking it.  :(

Taffeta, Oh no! Mold is so gross, I'm glad its not too bad!

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: Yesterday at 06:52:52 AM »
I didn't have nightmares last night but instead a dream with really intrusive thoughts that continue to pop up in my mind this whole morning!  ARGH I do not want to think , I want to just have a peaceful and quiet morning that doesn't involve my imagination! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1819 on: Yesterday at 07:00:05 AM »
yesterday some of my relatives went to visit my parents. i had to work and my husband wasn't up to seeing anyone. i told my parents i would try to come over if i had time during the day. by the time they got to my parent's house it was almost 1pm and i had calls all afternoon. so i told my dad i couldn't come over until after 4. which was too late. then my dad says "oh we can swing by for a few minutes" ugh what part of my husband doesn't want to see anyone and i'm literally going to be on the phone says we want to entertain guests? i told him that was not ok and he said maybe next time. my relatives are super judgy about people's homes and i know i shouldn't care but i at least need a few days notice if they're going to come by. i feel a little bad but also they know i have a job. if they really wanted to see me they could have come on a weekend.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: Yesterday at 03:14:42 PM »
And my wonky sleep made me miss craft night!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: Yesterday at 06:32:27 PM »
I found a storage bin that was full of CDs and video games got accidentally left outside for almost a year and was half full of water!!!! AUUUUURGH
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1822 on: Today at 12:08:34 PM »
So, a follow up adventure to my cupboard sorting. That same cupboard mentioned in the previous post, now largely cleared of mould, was sitting open and has been the last few days during sorting and cleaning. I had demoulded the top shelf, so I'd left the plastic tubs in there and some of the Dream beauties were lined up along the front of the shelf.

Some time just before 4 this morning I was woken by an ominous sound from the cupboard. I turned the light on and saw that the plastic tub that holds my ponywear had fallen forward and was resting on the backs of the dream beauties. And two or three ponies were now hanging precariously over the edge of the shelf into the abyss...

So at almost 4am I was clambering up on stools, grabbing ponies, stabilising the boxes in the cupboard and making sure everything was safe.

Luckily it happened when I was there. Luckily the ponies it fell onto were the striding pose ones who had a more stable posture. Luckily no Dream Beauties were harmed in this adventure.

...But I'm pretty tired.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal