collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ember's Dream Illustrated Read-Along Storybook Project  (Read 880 times)

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
Ember's Dream Illustrated Read-Along Storybook Project
« on: February 10, 2024, 12:37:11 PM »
Does anyone remember those read-along storybooks with the book and cassette tapes that they used to sell back in the day?

I was thinking about them last night for some reason, which led to me remembering the Ember's Dream cassette that came with the star version of Baby Ember.

As a child I loved listening to the story, but I was always kind of bummed that the tape never came with a book too.

I'm an artist/writer. And I think I have the G1 Hasbro art style down pretty well. I'm attaching a sample of some blank pony drawings I made a few months ago.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So, I'm wondering, if I were to create an Ember's Dream read-along illustrated storybook, would anyone be interested in supporting that as a project?

I would love to make an actual printed book if possible, but I would definitely need some financial backing for that, because you have to pay to get something printed up front-- unless maybe I do it as a Print On Demand book, but that's usually more expensive for people to purchase (like, usually double the cost of a typical book, especially if it has full-color illustrations). But maybe I could open up a Kickstarter or something like that?

Of course I wouldn't put the MLP logo on the book, but I think it could be a cool fan-supported project for those of us "in the know", haha 🦄🌈✨

I'm a long-time community member (since 1998 but if you don't know me, that's okay, I'm not a big name but I've been around long enough to remember when we all used to post on alt.toys.my-little-pony and people sent money orders through the mail to pay for ponies because Paypal wasn't a thing yet👵👴). I'm also a long-time Top-Rated online seller (many of you have bought from Good Boy Toys over the years on eBay, Etsy, or Mercari). And I regularly post my art on my personal Facebook page, so I'm confident I have the work ethic and the responsibility to see the project through to its completion.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts about it. Is this something anyone else (besides me I mean 🤪) actually would want enough to support?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Ember's Dream Illustrated Read-Along Storybook Project
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 08:44:07 PM »
hahaha crazy timing  I am sitting here with a copy of Amber's Dream next to me.  Yes Amber instead of Ember
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal