collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do You Collect them all?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Do You Collect them all?
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »
I have a issue that once I get on a kick with one of the generations I must have them all!! Right now it's Blindbags and G4's lol My bf gets them for me and he says that one is exactly the same as the one that comes in the collectors box why do you need it? Or you already have a fluttershy why do you need 8 other ones lol. What about you do you have to collect them all? :)
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Collect them all?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:57:24 AM »
My niece has to have them all.  lol.  It's my fault.  I started buying them for her and taught her how to figure which ones she doesn't have.  She's going to end up with more than I have.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 10:11:32 AM »
In terms of BBs I have whole sets, and it has to be that way. I sit on the floor of the shop checking the numbers to make sure its the whole set. I have 4, 5 and 6 whole. Almost all of three (I started after they were out so it was luck finding any at all). As yet I haven't seen 7, but I'm keeping an eye out.

With G4, I intend to have each unique pony (I don't think I'm far off) that was sold individually, and will one day get the ones that weren't available in the UK so easily.
I also like to have each "type" so I have mane 6 normal, and mane 6 tinsel hair. As well as GW versions of Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Rarity.

I don't buy doubles just because it has different accessories though, or packaging (that only gets recycled anyway!). I have some mane six doubles, and honestly don't know what to do with them. Not sure why I've ended up with them like that really lol

As for other gens? Well, they pretty much just come as and when. I'm not obsessing over getting them. One or two G1 sets I have in my head to look out for but I'm pretty easy going with it to be honest.

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 10:41:04 AM »
I collect them all... as in everything. All generations. I love them all, but I'm seriously considering downsizing for the first time ever. There is just so much stuff involved and I'm running out of space. We'll see if I actually go through with it or not. :p

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
Yup :) My goal is one of each pony, from each generation (yes, even the G3.5s and NBCs). I haven't done that yet with the Blind Bags - only the ones I really want (so far only 2, with a 3rd to be gotten)....but some day I'll complete those as well.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Sarah Jo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »
Nope, I just get the ponies and things that I like. :) For example, I love Fluttershy but won't be getting the design your own or Glimmer Wings versions. I try to draw lines when I can.. I have other collections so space and money gets to be an issue very quick !
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:54:42 PM by Sarah Jo »

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 02:55:42 PM »
The only generation that I'm "gotta catch 'em all" with is G2, even then I don't plan on getting all the re-releases and such~ For the other gens, I mainly just collect the ones that I like (admittedly though, there are an AWFUL lot that I like, haha...)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 03:04:01 PM »
I have every character for G4 but don't collect doubles or different poses. Any doubles of the main 6 get customized :) For G1 I'd like to complete some sets but there is no way I can collect them all. I have some other collections too and a grumpy hubby that doesn't like clutter so I need to have some limits. 

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 03:11:59 PM »
I am a collect 'em all person for ponies. I buy my favorites first, then expand to my second favorites, third favorites of a set, because I like them all, just in different degrees! Ponies look prettier when complimenting each other's colors, IMO :D

I don't buy repeat ponies  (like core 7 and mane 6 repeats) unless they are the veeeerry last needed pony to complete my collection, but I haven't gotten that close yet. ^^

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 03:25:53 PM »
Yeah I'm trying to be a 'one of each character' collector, but some ponies are pushing that line a little... So many pinkies! and Morning Glory and Sweetberry!(G2)

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »
P: Nope!
I am extremely selective about what pony goes into my collection. I try to keep it small. And normally if too many come in, then there might be some that get booted out.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »
Yes for g1 I am a gotta have it all girl. I am only a baby princess sparkle variant away from a complete g1 uk and us collection. But all those lovely extra accessories still to collect...I dont mind doubles of those.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Galaxy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »
Yes, I'm drowning in ponies ...  argghhh!! For some reason, my collection expands particularly fast whenever I try to downsize!  Help!!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 07:04:31 PM »
yeah I collect them all including whatever gen of G1,G3 or G4 I can find. I just find another container to put them in. I can't display all of my ponies either.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »
I am a collect 'em all person for ponies. I buy my favorites first, then expand to my second favorites, third favorites of a set, because I like them all, just in different degrees! Ponies look prettier when complimenting each other's colors, IMO :D

I don't buy repeat ponies  (like core 7 and mane 6 repeats) unless they are the veeeerry last needed pony to complete my collection, but I haven't gotten that close yet. ^^

I'm the same way...when it comes to G1 especially, I gotta have them all. I'll get my favorites first then I'll complete the set.

For G3's & G4's I only have one of each of the core 7 and mane 6...different poses or slightly different features won't get me to buy them again.

Post Merge: March 13, 2013, 07:20:42 PM

Yes for g1 I am a gotta have it all girl. I am only a baby princess sparkle variant away from a complete g1 uk and us collection. But all those lovely extra accessories still to collect...I dont mind doubles of those.

What does the Baby Princess Sparkle variant look like? How's she different? I've heard rumors about her variant but I haven't see pics yet.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal