collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Bring You More G5 News  (Read 10020 times)

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
Re: I Bring You More G5 News
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2022, 08:53:15 AM »
So what did you guys think? It's not as bad as I expected. The character puppets still look weird and jarring, and, with the legs, it's honestly even worse in motion. However, the backgrounds are pretty and do make up for it a bit. The new voices aren't too bad either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2022, 09:40:48 AM »
I thought it was very cute! Someone in a server I'm in pointed out that Izzy looks like a Shire, Pipp a Shetland, Sunny a Section C horse, and Zipp a Thoroughbred. I thought that was a very cute comparison.

The episodes are really fun. I think the faces are really funny and there's a lot of good reactions. I dislike when they just gasp and laugh at each other, though, they did that in the Zipp Flight episode and I really didn't like that. Pipp is the perfect character for me. Annoying and vain <3

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2022, 10:24:31 AM »
I thought the episodes were cute! I’m still not a huge fan of the art style, but it works for what the shorts are! If we’re getting a ton of little 5 minute shoes every we it makes sense they’d want something simple to animate. It’s not so bad in motion.

Overall I think the new voices work well too! There were a few moments where I felt Izzy was bordering on being too Pinkie Pie-ish, but hopefully they keep her somewhat grounded. :P I like her as being an eccentric creative, please don’t just make her the hyper annoying friend! I’m always happy to see new pony content, so I’ll be watching the shorts as they come out, even if they are a little silly! It’s a good way to see more of the characters between the “big” releases.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2022, 10:28:39 AM »
I thought it was cute, and it was way better and more "story-ish" than I expected. Zipp and Pipp continue to be my favorites, I love them.

ALSO, I'm so pleased that Thunder (the green guard) showed up because it makes me think we might get a toy of him someday.  We got a clear view of his symbol, too!  It's a chesspiece, a knight.  Zoom Zephyrwing (blue guard) has a castle symbol that resembles a rook.  I wonder if they're siblings.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2022, 11:32:59 AM »
I thought it was very cute! Someone in a server I'm in pointed out that Izzy looks like a Shire, Pipp a Shetland, Sunny a Section C horse, and Zipp a Thoroughbred. I thought that was a very cute comparison.

The episodes are really fun. I think the faces are really funny and there's a lot of good reactions. I dislike when they just gasp and laugh at each other, though, they did that in the Zipp Flight episode and I really didn't like that. Pipp is the perfect character for me. Annoying and vain <3

Mmm...not really seeing it. They're too stylized and human faced. The proportions are just...ick and unhorsey. Gag me! It looks like ThunderCats Go/Steve Universe/Uncle Grandpa.

Post Merge: April 07, 2022, 11:33:15 AM

I thought it was cute, and it was way better and more "story-ish" than I expected. Zipp and Pipp continue to be my favorites, I love them.

ALSO, I'm so pleased that Thunder (the green guard) showed up because it makes me think we might get a toy of him someday.  We got a clear view of his symbol, too!  It's a chesspiece, a knight.  Zoom Zephyrwing (blue guard) has a castle symbol that resembles a rook.  I wonder if they're siblings.

Finally! How unique, I thought he would just have another storm cloud or lightning bolt symbol.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 11:52:36 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2022, 01:15:51 PM »
It's probably a coincidence, but I want to believe this is Seashell.  Or like, her daughter.

Body, hair, and eyes are the right color, she has a tail ribbon and that's also the right color.  Her symbol is a seashell + 2 stars.  She doesn't have a white blaze but does have white leg markings.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2022, 03:18:23 PM »
It's probably a coincidence, but I want to believe this is Seashell.  Or like, her daughter.

Body, hair, and eyes are the right color, she has a tail ribbon and that's also the right color.  Her symbol is a seashell + 2 stars.  She doesn't have a white blaze but does have white leg markings.

Great colors, she reminds me of Seashell as well. I wonder what her name is?

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2022, 03:50:26 PM »

Ohh, nice catch, LM! Considering "Posey Bloom," I would be surprised if this girl was not at least inspired by Seashell.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2022, 04:47:28 PM »
Probably fresh enough in Hasbro's minds considering her re-release a couple years ago. Those human faces are too creepy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 08:29:36 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2022, 05:23:48 AM »
Oof, yeah, those faces aren't doing it for me. G4 was stylized too, sure, but not like this. Usually I have a pretty high tolerance for anthropomorphization/stylization/etc (whatever you want to call it), but that's a bit too human a face for me, it's uncanny.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2022, 06:11:24 AM »
Why does Hasbro hate horses?

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2022, 07:34:46 AM »

I think kids these days just think horses are ugly and wouldn't be interested in toys or cartoons portraying them realistically, which is why for more than a decade now Hasbro has been doing everything they can to make ponies look as close to humans as possible in order to make them more appealing to modern kids. If you ask me, it is long horselike muzzles that make ponies truly cute.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2022, 08:03:12 AM »

I think kids these days just think horses are ugly and wouldn't be interested in toys or cartoons portraying them realistically, which is why for more than a decade now Hasbro has been doing everything they can to make ponies look as close to humans as possible in order to make them more appealing to modern kids. If you ask me, it is long horselike muzzles that make ponies truly cute.

I disagree. Horse toys have been popular for far longer then MLP has been around.

*Points to Breyer, Schleich,Grand Champions, Fashion Star Fillies, Safari Ltd. CollectA, and all the YouTube channels both kid and adult that show off their collections, and does reviews and tutorials *

Breyers has Breyerfest, and people take themselves and their horse crazy kids to Kentucky

Now not all kids are gonna be into them, because different interests, but this is clearly a Hasbro problem.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 08:28:38 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2022, 08:44:56 AM »
I don't think Hasbro or kids have anything against horses - I've never seen any official statements that kids find horses ugly.

Also, people always take this the wrong way, so I am taking a risk here, but I feel that I can tell that most generation styles of MLP are ponies, some more cartoony than others, but I can tell what they are supposed to be - the only times I felt they didn't look like ponies was Newborn Cuties, some of the colts and I think all of the babies in G4, and at least the toys for G4.5 - Pony Life itself might be fine, but I may have just gotten used to them by then, but the toylines looked more like cats to me, at least at first.)

G1-G3 have a more realistic equine approach, but I feel everything else that I didn't say looks enough like ponies, just cartoony versions of them.

On the show, I am going to watch it, so I'll see what I think of it.  I am feeling positive about the art style for the most part, like I see the potential in it - it's not the best style MLP has done, and there are flaws with it pointed out on this thread, and it kind of feels like each of the Mane Five was drawn by a different artist in a different style to me (personally I think Sunny looks the best drawn, where as Hitch and Zipp do not.)

Either way, I'll give it a chance and take what I like from it.   :)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2022, 09:36:43 AM »
Or well it's a modern Hasbro problem anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal