collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Bring You More G5 News  (Read 10016 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I Bring You More G5 News
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2022, 04:48:05 AM »
Holy Beanmouth, Batman! :0
Is the Netflix show gonna look like this or the movie?

Closer to the movie, although with some reductions in quality to make it cheaper.

That's a relief. I am tired of spin-offs getting the cheapo treatment. G4 made them a lot of money and they can put some of that in G5's quality. A crazy idea, I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Why does Hitch have a human nose on a flat face instead of a snout? And umm.. pony legs don't work like that....

I honestly feel bad for anyone who has to animate on that show. Imagine your joy getting assigned to a project with an implemented fanbase and then it's this :lol:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 04:52:16 AM by Zapper »

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2022, 07:02:01 AM »
To be fair, it may not be a cheap thing, but like a creative decision thing?  Like it fits the narrative of the spin off itself? 

I mean, I look at Pony Life for example, and yes, it has a simple style, but it doesn't really feel cheap in my opinion.  It feels more like they went with an art style that fits the format of what they were trying to do, and the format of Pony Life is "the lighter side", so it makes sense for it to be childishly cute, or whatever.  I mean, I think I'd actually have liked some of the latter episodes of FiM better if they were done in Pony Life style, because they fitted that format better in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 07:03:32 AM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2022, 01:53:28 PM »
To be fair, it may not be a cheap thing, but like a creative decision thing?  Like it fits the narrative of the spin off itself? 

No offense but have you seen the hind leg? There is no rhyme or reason as to how it bends, looking like a repurposed front leg. Izzy's are questionable as well, her right front leg is not connecting to the torso the same way the left one does. It looks rushed and undefined and like the animator wasn't paid enough or didn't get enough time to work out these kinks, hence "cheap". As in "no money".

I think back to what Flash animators did with Mattel's Ever After High. The studio only used 2D puppets but it looked gorgeous:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=McpbMMSQh18

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2022, 02:20:21 PM »

No offense but have you seen the hind leg? There is no rhyme or reason as to how it bends, looking like a repurposed front leg. Izzy's are questionable as well, her right front leg is not connecting to the torso the same way the left one does. It looks rushed and undefined and like the animator wasn't paid enough or didn't get enough time to work out these kinks, hence "cheap". As in "no money".

I think back to what Flash animators did with Mattel's Ever After High. The studio only used 2D puppets but it looked gorgeous:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=McpbMMSQh18
Is that Pipp's hind leg?  Yeah, I think I see what you're getting at - I didn't look at it before, but yeah, I can see what you're getting at.

I was mainly defending Pony Life, but thanks for being respectful with your explanation.  I do see what you mean, I think, but also feel that this style could work (and does sort of), but... yeah... it probably would have worked better with more time, or whatever.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2022, 05:05:11 PM »
I was mainly defending Pony Life, but thanks for being respectful with your explanation.  I do see what you mean, I think, but also feel that this style could work (and does sort of), but... yeah... it probably would have worked better with more time, or whatever.
Pony Life looks a lot better than this. I'm not a big fan of chibi styles, but atleast it was cute and you could easily tell each main character's personality through the stylization. This just looks lazy, like it was the bare minimum they could have possibly done. What makes it even more frustrating is that G5 already has a 2D style that would probably look very lovely animated.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2022, 04:28:08 AM »
Still not a fan of the style and haven't been since it's use for Adventure Time and The Amazing World of Gumball (I think there was a show before those who used the style but I don't remember it).

Luckily I won't get to watch this incarnation of MLP either lol.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2022, 12:29:35 AM »
I got an interesting email
I don't know if this has been posted before so sorry if its already up.

MY LITTLE PONY MUSICAL MANE MELODY PLAYSET 

(Ages 3 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $41.99/ Available: 8/1/2022)   

Make Your Mark at Mane Melody: Maretime Bay's first combo salon/karaoke stage from the My Little Pony: Make Your Mark show. Musical Mane Melody is 2-in-1 playset with pony-activated lights and sounds, containing  On one side is a salon with mane-dryer, closet for storing accessories, and pretend rainbow mirror. Open the other side to discover a karaoke stage with lights and sounds. To activate music, press the "play" button or plug ponies into the stage. Each Hoof to Heart character will activate unique lights and music! Includes 3-inch Sunny Starscout and Princess Petals pony figures, and Sparky Sparkeroni baby dragon figure. Includes 16 fashion and story accessories, including 2 plug-in Cutie Mark charms. Look for Cutie Mark Magic ponies and more to activate different reactions! Each sold separately. Subject to availability. Available at most major retailers nationwide.

MY LITTLE PONY MINI WORLD MAGIC CRYSTAL KEYCHAINS 
(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $5.19/ Available: 8/1/2022)   

Build your world of magical mini friends from across Equestria! My Little Pony Mini World Magic sets consist of tiny scenes and adorable characters inspired by the My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale series on YouTube. Collectible figures are 1 inch tall with character-inspired looks and plug-in accessories. Crystal Keychain sets contain 11 pieces and come in a crystal-shaped keychain carrying case that can be connected to a backpack for on the go fun. Plug accessories into the keychain base to create mini scenes for adorable pony pals. Look for Hitch Trailblazer, Izzy Moonbow, Princess Pipp Petals, and other pony friends to create the word of Equestria. Each sold separately. Subject to availability. Available at most major retailers nationwide.

MY LITTLE PONY MINI WORLD MAGIC COMPACT CREATIONS

(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $15.99/ Available: 8/1/2022)     

Build your world of magical mini friends from across Equestria! My Little Pony Mini World Magic sets consist of tiny scenes and adorable characters inspired by the My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale series on YouTube. Each Compact Creation set contains over 40 pieces and comes with 2 adorable 1 inch tall figures. Plug accessories and scene-building pieces into the playset to create mini worlds. Some accessories have a fun color-change reveal when you add water! Everything comes in a Cutie Mark-shaped compact case so kids can take their pony scenes on the go. Each Compact Creation set is inspired by a different location in entertainment. Look for Maretime Bay, Bridlewood Forest, and Zephyr Heights to create the word of Equestria. Each sold separately. Subject to availability. Available at most major retailers nationwide.

MY LITTLE PONY MINI WORLD MAGIC EPIC MINI CRYSTAL BRIGHTHOUSE

(Ages 5 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $26.49/ Available: 8/1/2022)   

Build your world of magical mini friends from across Equestria! My Little Pony Mini World Magic sets consist of tiny scenes and adorable characters inspired by the My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale series on YouTube. Epic Mini Crystal Brighthouse contains over 60 pieces including 5 adorable 1 inch tall figures: Sunny Starscout, Zipp Storm, Posey Bloom, Daring Flare, and Maverick Mauve. Plug character-inspired accessories and scene-building tools into the playset to customize the Crystal Brighthouse, then build paper scenes with pop-out buildings inspired by Maretime Bay. Some accessories have a fun color-change reveal when you add water! Everything fits inside the carrying case for on-the-go fun. Available at most major retailers nationwide.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 03:20:31 PM by Loa »

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2022, 09:14:46 AM »
I just saw there's going to be a G5 game for PC and consoles.  I think the consoles are Nintendo Switch and PS4.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2022, 09:44:25 AM »
Xbox is also included in the consoles. :)

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2022, 11:07:12 AM »
Aww, those Magic Crystal Keyrings are actually pretty cute <3

I just noticed the names for that Posey set. Maverick Mauve?? I swear pony names get worse with every gen...

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2022, 03:35:44 PM »
None of those pics are showing up for me.   :huh:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2022, 02:31:56 PM »
Trailer for the Nintendo Switch game is out and I'm excited about accessorizing Sunny.

Also the gameplay seems to suggest, as people have speculated, that her alicorn form is a temporary power-up.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2022, 06:02:31 PM »
the animation style looks like centaur world which like, the style WORKED for centaur world but uh. yeah.

on a better note those i frikin love those teeny pony sets oh my god. i thought i was gonna be able to avoid spending money on G5 stuff but i guess not dfhjdsffsd
yeah i was gonna say more centaurworld but eeeehhhh for this?
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2022, 02:56:05 PM »
I'm SO excited for the game :D

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2022, 12:59:17 PM »
I'm SO excited for the game :D
Same here! I can't wait to get ahold of official models of the characters (besides Pipp, since we already got one of her).

art commissions non-MLP sales post

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal