collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My first pony cleaning/restoration  (Read 3698 times)

Offline steffers29madds

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My first pony cleaning/restoration
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
Not amazing?? I beg to differ. She looks absolutely stunning now! Awesome job!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »
Not amazing?? I beg to differ. She looks absolutely stunning now! Awesome job!

That's exactly what I was about to say! What a great job, you can be very proud of that  :)  Nothing like a good, satisfying clean (for both pony and owner alike) to make one feel better!  And don't worry about the extra 'little' marks still left - adds a bit of charm and history to the old gal  ;)

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!!
 :redface:
Next up is poor Bluebelle- she is even worse, filled with rust and missing a tail. D: I feel way more confident now cleaning up more uncommon ponies if/when I come across them after practice with these.  :biggrin:

Oh Ginger, she looks beautiful!  Poor little sweetie was clearly *loved* to pieces...I bet she feels better after her make-over.  Awesome job.  Her hair looks so soft and shiny, what did you use on her?

Thanks!! I'm sort of thinking of this as her "retirement". She got all cleaned up and has a nice, soft place to rest and mingle with other ponies! XD

I used...everything. LOL. She went on quite a ride. First dish soap got a little off. Then magic eraser. Then I got frustrated with the pin-dot and SCRUBBED her with toothpaste and baking soda (DON'T DO THIS). The grainy baking soda got rid of lots of ingrained dirt (I'm fairly certain this was not mold) but instead she got ingrained baking soda:shocked:  She got scrubbed with vinegar, hoping it'd get the baking soda out but I think the toothpaste got in the way. It didn't work. Finally a few oxyclean baths got rid of most all of it. Hahahaha. I hope years down the road her plastic doesn't degrade faster than normal from all this abrasive abuse. XD

Thank you, steffers29madds and Marlin! I think I had some of these REALLY AMAZING restorations I've seen some talented members here do in mind as I was typing that.  :blush:  You're right, it's as if her leftover marks are in memory of all the play she's had. Hehehehe
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal