collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Girl  (Read 44447 times)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: American Girl
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2016, 09:29:55 PM »
Thanks so much, guys! I'm so pleased that even though I didn't turn up any ponies apart from a couple fakies and a few G4 items, I at least found something to take home.   ^.^^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2016, 06:37:03 AM »
Its release day!!!! What are you guys excited about?

I really like the Gourmet Kitchen but not really enough to own it. The colors are great though! I also like the Milkshake set, but I think it would be a similar price to order handmade ones off of Etsy so I'd rather do that. I don't want her myself but I'm SO beyond thrilled we got another redhead!! And her hair actually looks red! Not blonde or brown, but actual red!

I'm more excited about Maryellen's fridge after seeing more details. I just love it so much, and one day it will be mine! Maybe for my birthday next year. I also really like her holiday cookies set. Its super cute and going right to my wishlist. I like the punch bowl and 7up in the party punch set but not enough to really want it. I don't know how I feel about her Christmas outfit. I really hate red (and pink and orange) on redheads so I'll probably pass on it. Her strawberry outfit is to die for though! So adorable!

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »
Its release day!!!! What are you guys excited about?

I really like the Gourmet Kitchen but not really enough to own it. The colors are great though! I also like the Milkshake set, but I think it would be a similar price to order handmade ones off of Etsy so I'd rather do that. I don't want her myself but I'm SO beyond thrilled we got another redhead!! And her hair actually looks red! Not blonde or brown, but actual red!

I'm more excited about Maryellen's fridge after seeing more details. I just love it so much, and one day it will be mine! Maybe for my birthday next year. I also really like her holiday cookies set. Its super cute and going right to my wishlist. I like the punch bowl and 7up in the party punch set but not enough to really want it. I don't know how I feel about her Christmas outfit. I really hate red (and pink and orange) on redheads so I'll probably pass on it. Her strawberry outfit is to die for though! So adorable!

I wish her holiday outfit had been white/blue, or green. Would of looked a lot better, though the outfit would look nice on another doll :)
I'm pretty -extreme- picky about which dolls I get, but Maryellen is so tempting xD Not really intrested in owning Melody's collection, sadly. I already collect Molly and Samantha (original so far, plan to catch up to the new stuff eventually but not gonna get everything)

But that cookie set though. I have to get that, I had the same kind of cookie cutters growing up from my Grandmother! XD I'm a sucker for food items, too. I'll buy them from any doll's collection if they would work well enough with mine.

Is the Mod Monster (again) and the Skeleton kind-of costume the only Halloween we are getting this year? Kinda surprized nothing Halloween for Bitty either. :o
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:25:28 AM by Itcheeee »
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2016, 05:25:24 PM »
Thank you for all the photos sailorstitch! Ahh, how exciting! :D

It looks like I get to go to the LA AG store in December and I really just can't wait. We literally lived right there for a while but I never thought to ask if we could go. I keep looking up photos of the various stores!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2016, 10:25:37 PM »
Aw, sailorstitch!  Melody is adorable. 

I may be tempted to buy her.  I love the early 60s aesthetic.  :)   
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2016, 07:37:31 AM »
That's so awesome Sailorstitch! Addy was my first doll as a kid it's great to see them add more variety in skin tones to the forever line.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2016, 11:19:52 AM »
I wish her holiday outfit had been white/blue, or green. Would of looked a lot better, though the outfit would look nice on another doll :)
I'm pretty -extreme- picky about which dolls I get, but Maryellen is so tempting xD Not really intrested in owning Melody's collection, sadly. I already collect Molly and Samantha (original so far, plan to catch up to the new stuff eventually but not gonna get everything)

But that cookie set though. I have to get that, I had the same kind of cookie cutters growing up from my Grandmother! XD I'm a sucker for food items, too. I'll buy them from any doll's collection if they would work well enough with mine.

Is the Mod Monster (again) and the Skeleton kind-of costume the only Halloween we are getting this year? Kinda surprized nothing Halloween for Bitty either. :o

Green would've been perfect! Like a nice soft mint or a deep rich emerald, now that would match her so well.
I high recommend Maryellen :D She's so gorgeous and she seems to be doing really well! Originally I didn't want to get her collection, just an outfit or two, but my boyfriend and his mom kept talking me into how pretty things are! So I guess her collection will be mine eventually xD

Its a shame there's not much for Halloween D: I want to commission a Lone Ranger costume for Maryellen but it would've been cool if there was more stuff to pick from for my modern Springfield.

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2016, 03:55:03 PM »

Green would've been perfect! Like a nice soft mint or a deep rich emerald, now that would match her so well.
I high recommend Maryellen :D She's so gorgeous and she seems to be doing really well! Originally I didn't want to get her collection, just an outfit or two, but my boyfriend and his mom kept talking me into how pretty things are! So I guess her collection will be mine eventually xD

Its a shame there's not much for Halloween D: I want to commission a Lone Ranger costume for Maryellen but it would've been cool if there was more stuff to pick from for my modern Springfield.
I lovelovelove light mint, I'd of bought that in an instant! And it'd work perfectly for her too, mint was a popular color then aswell.
I think I -may- get her for Christmas and start her collection and get what I like most XD She'd go so well with my Molly collection anyway <3

I remember when there were PAGES of great costumes to choose from. I guess that just kinda got lost over time :( Luckily I collected one or two each year for the longest time, but I liked getting my dolls a costume each year as much as myself, still do XD  I've made them ones based on my costume sometimes, I may have to start doing that again :P
And a Lone Ranger costume would be awesome for her, I'd love to see that!:D
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2016, 08:36:44 PM »
I lovelovelove light mint, I'd of bought that in an instant! And it'd work perfectly for her too, mint was a popular color then aswell.
I think I -may- get her for Christmas and start her collection and get what I like most XD She'd go so well with my Molly collection anyway <3

I remember when there were PAGES of great costumes to choose from. I guess that just kinda got lost over time :( Luckily I collected one or two each year for the longest time, but I liked getting my dolls a costume each year as much as myself, still do XD  I've made them ones based on my costume sometimes, I may have to start doing that again :P
And a Lone Ranger costume would be awesome for her, I'd love to see that!:D

Yes! I would've too! And it would've been such a nice fresh take on a Christmas dress. Or really any dress. Maryellen needs more Mint!
She'd make a great Christmas doll :D And she'd fit in great with Molly! I want to get Molly's Birthday dress for her.

I remember catalogues that made a big huge deal of it with all the cute pictures. I have a ballerina outfit my Springfield girl could use but nothing for poor Maryellen yet.
Once I can get it I'll definitely post photos!

Speaking of photos, I forgot to ever post Maryellen's Girl Scout uniform here! It was made by MySewYouCreations and is absolutely amazing. The dress snaps closed, has snaps on the collar, the neck tie has velcro, the sash has velcro, and all the badges (not counting the number) are on snaps so they can be repositioned or swapped! The big pockets even work and snap closed.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2016, 08:10:14 PM »
That is just BEYOND darling!  Wow the thought that went into that! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2016, 09:46:36 PM »
Yeah, it is AMAZING! :D It ended up costing quite a bit of money but it was sooo worth it. Its nice enough to photograph beautifully, even on macro, but not so nice that taking it outside is terrifying, like it would be with those $100+ Girl Scout uniforms. I'm really tempted to put my great grandma's pins (from the 50s) on it for some photos but I don't want to make holes.

I need to grab those brown AG shoes, the on-sale ones, asap and then get some custom-made socks. The socks are going to be a big pain but it'll be worth it in the end xD

And since I forgot it earlier, here's a fullbody shot. The length is perfect!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2016, 03:50:36 PM »
Hmmmm you know I am looking at her Christmas dress and to me a huge collector of 1950's stuff it falls short for its circa date, but I can't put my finger on what is wrong with it. It just doesn't look quite to period to me. I love that strawberry dress. Oh goodness that is perfection at its best.

Taxel, I love the uniform.  That is so fun!!!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »
It looks sooo similar to the dress for Bitties/Little Girls. It makes me wonder if it was originally a coordinating Truly Me dress but they decided to tweak it (or not) and give it to Maryellen. She must be doing really well to get the expensive fridge addition and all the new sets. Maybe they wanted to cash in a bit more? Who knows!
There was some speculation on the leak blog that maybe it was for Melody but I don't know enough about 60s fashion (or even 50s) to know who it fits better. I just know I do not like that red on Maryellen and its weird how similar it is to the Bitty dress.

And thanks Tulagirl! :D I thought you'd like it, haha.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2016, 08:45:11 AM »
Taxel that GS uniform is adorable.  I remember when I was little I had (have!) a Samantha doll and my grandmother made all her "official" clothes from a pattern book for me.  They are nearly identical to the real outfits but they mean so much more.  <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal