collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 40553 times)

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #825 on: April 08, 2013, 07:54:18 AM »
Awkward MH moment...

I was at TRU this weekend and I was waiting in line behind another customer to ask an associate a quick question. The older lady in front of me was asking what types of dolls are popular for girls around 10 years old. The associate told her Monster High dolls are really popular and to check out the aisle number. My question was answered quickly, and I followed the lady to the Monster High aisle. She turned to me and asked if I knew where they were. I pointed and said, "Looks like they don't have very good stock today." She picked up a Clawdeen and said, "Now WHY would she assume that just because I'm a black I want a black doll? I don't like this one bit! Why are black dolls considered MONSTERS?"

I was like :blink: I just turned around a box and showed her the picture and said, "Oh no, they come in all colors. They're all monsters." Her reply was, "Oh, so what did you mean by 'they don't have very good stock'? Black ain't good?" I told her I meant the selection is slim pickins because they tend to fly off the shelves. Good grief. :huh:

I would have smiled got the doll I wanted and left. I don't like it when everything has to be about race.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 08, 2013, 08:14:52 AM »
That lady seems like she was in a generally bad mood and anything could have been provocative. I mean, what can you say, if she gets provoked about everything? I think you handled the situation very well and patiently.

I would have probably frozen and felt awkward.

Melissa

« Reply #827 on: April 08, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »
Awkward MH moment...

I was at TRU this weekend and I was waiting in line behind another customer to ask an associate a quick question. The older lady in front of me was asking what types of dolls are popular for girls around 10 years old. The associate told her Monster High dolls are really popular and to check out the aisle number. My question was answered quickly, and I followed the lady to the Monster High aisle. She turned to me and asked if I knew where they were. I pointed and said, "Looks like they don't have very good stock today." She picked up a Clawdeen and said, "Now WHY would she assume that just because I'm a black I want a black doll? I don't like this one bit! Why are black dolls considered MONSTERS?"

I was like :blink: I just turned around a box and showed her the picture and said, "Oh no, they come in all colors. They're all monsters." Her reply was, "Oh, so what did you mean by 'they don't have very good stock'? Black ain't good?" I told her I meant the selection is slim pickins because they tend to fly off the shelves. Good grief. :huh:
Some people just have their mind made up to be offended by everything, looks like you found one of 'em. I encountered that a lot (regardless of age or race) when I worked a retail job.

faunabay

« Reply #828 on: April 08, 2013, 08:33:45 AM »
Awkward MH moment...

Some people just have their mind made up to be offended by everything, looks like you found one of 'em. I encountered that a lot (regardless of age or race) when I worked a retail job.
Hopefully she was just having a bad day and is not like that all the time.  Wow!  I hope you being nice and talking her through her little rant helped make it a better day.   ;)

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 08, 2013, 08:43:33 AM »
sorry to change the subject,

Faunabay which Rochelle is in your profile pic?  I ask because I just bought Signature Rochelle at Target and I noticed that only her bangs have blue streaks.  I really like how yours has more blue streaks throughout her hair!

When I look at promo pics it looks like her hair is the way mine came.

Anybody else notice this?

MelodyMistress

« Reply #830 on: April 08, 2013, 08:51:49 AM »
That might be the Scaris Rochelle? I have the other one with just the bangs having blue too...

Melissa

« Reply #831 on: April 08, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
What's funny is I probably would've preferred a Rochelle with blue just in the bangs. My Rochelle is Scaris and she had blue throughout the pink... I say had, because I got her rerooted in glow-in-the-dark blond.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #832 on: April 08, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »
I think hers is Sig. My sig has blue all throughout, but the amount of blue in their hair does change from doll to doll, kind of like some PD spectras have almost no dark purple in them.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 08, 2013, 08:55:32 AM »
My sig has blue through the pink at the back of her head... But not much on the sides...

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 08, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »
I swear I'm being haunted by Scaris Rochelle! I have been thinking about her all through last week and last night I even dreamed I had bought her. Am I obsessed? Is this normal?

I was talking to my Mom today and she said "just don't use all your money on the dolls..." Dear me, am I that obvious? Do I really come across as a crazy spending spree doll addict? :blink: :blink: :blink:

elonni

« Reply #835 on: April 08, 2013, 10:18:19 AM »
My sig Rochelle has a big blue streak running down her back and a couple of thin long streaks on the sides.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 08, 2013, 10:30:08 AM »
I will not spam this thread with pictures, but I took a better picture of my SC lala in her new outfit!

She's my favourite lala now XD

Adoptable made by me

animal_lover

« Reply #837 on: April 08, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »
I think sc is pretty much the only draculaura I absolutely love.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 08, 2013, 10:50:07 AM »
I haven't read any of the diaries yet. I just haven't gotten around to it I guess. So Jinafire and Skelita are being promoted heavily? How does this show? Other than the webisodes I mean? Could it be that we will get more of them at some point?

There is no doubt in my mind that Mattel is planning to release at least a couple of versions of Skelita and Jinafire - like other people have said, Jinafire and Skelita have been featured as main characters in a special and in webisodes, and you can't really compare them to Cupid since she was a store exclusive and a special release (and they didn't even make a new head-mold for her).   But the biggest indication to me is how lovely and detailed Jinafire and Skelita's body sculpts are; a big company like Mattel would never waste resources having new, very detailed, body molds created for dolls they're only releasing once.  Even if the different body sculpts were done as a kind of market experiment or something, there's no way they'd waste them now that they're made; I'm sure we can expect at least one more release for both of them.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 08, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »
amenoo, she looks so cute o____o;. If she was like that in box I'd be able to deal with her lack of fangs xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal