collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 40551 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #810 on: April 07, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »
I think there are a lot of normie looking CAMs. Both vampire CAMs are very pedestrian, and so is the dragon for the most part. Even the CAT CAM looks too human for my liking! I mean, when was the last time you saw a cat with Caucasian skin coloring?! Ha!

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 07, 2013, 12:22:21 PM »
Hey. Does anyone here need wave 2 Lagoona? I know of a place that has 3 but I wanted to check before I picked them up.

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #812 on: April 07, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »
I got all the Normie wigs I need. *Tightly hugs Liv wigs to herself*
I have bought...4? Liv dolls just to steal their wigs, and almost bought another today. I've also bought 2 of the Bratz Style Starz dolls on clearance because they come with 2 wigs each, and decent clothes that mostly fit MH.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 07, 2013, 04:04:15 PM »
I think there are a lot of normie looking CAMs. Both vampire CAMs are very pedestrian, and so is the dragon for the most part. Even the CAT CAM looks too human for my liking! I mean, when was the last time you saw a cat with Caucasian skin coloring?! Ha!

The pink CaMs are still too pink to be normie. The only way a person would have that skintone is if they stayed in the sun a bit too long. I mean Jackson looks like a normie and so does Cleo (and Bloodgood does if you pop on her head but she's in an expensive pack) but it would be nice if there were more monsters that were more subtle like them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

MelodyMistress

« Reply #814 on: April 07, 2013, 06:44:31 PM »
On a technicality Jackson *is* a normie...it's his alter ego that's a monster...and if you really think about it..most of the main ghoul's monster type were normies at one point... But a single "Normie two pack CaM" with one boy and one girl would be nice... It would mean a set of limbs, wigs, clothes/shoes, and torso for the CaMs. I really kinda wish Mattel would browse the boards for our wants and needs, I mean seriously it's free feedback!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 07, 2013, 07:24:50 PM »
I got all the Normie wigs I need. *Tightly hugs Liv wigs to herself*
I have bought...4? Liv dolls just to steal their wigs, and almost bought another today. I've also bought 2 of the Bratz Style Starz dolls on clearance because they come with 2 wigs each, and decent clothes that mostly fit MH.
Ahhh that's the line I cringe at whenever hearing people mention Liv dolls and Monster High in the same sentence. >,<; "Just to steal their wigs..." :freak:

I'd imagine a dark room with a single light on, where they open up a liv doll, then just tear the wig off, and toss the doll back into her box and chuck her somewhere, nowhere to be seen again. (Unless it's the ones with the later crappy non articulated arms and leg articulations hindered, then I can care less about those ones. XD)

I'm just jokingly exaggerating, so please hold off your "Well how else do you expect people to get wigs for their CAMS?!" comments. People often sell them here after taking their wigs, so that's a good thing. Only bad thing is they don't come with a wig. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Melissa

« Reply #816 on: April 07, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
Well, you would be horrified at the fate of Twist and Dance Alexis, Luvly. Maybe I will try to sell the others I've purchased though. I just don't like them as much as MH or even Barbies.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 07, 2013, 07:43:06 PM »
Geez, the way you guys are talking about dolls only purchased for their wigs sounds like something out of a horror film  :yikes:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 07, 2013, 09:36:23 PM »
I'm actually starting to like a Liv dolls a bit more than MH!

I can't stand seeing them bald and must buy every one I see and give them a new wig. I really had no idea that most of them are sans hair due to MH collectors! lol

MATTEL: Please sell wig packs to help save the poor hairless Livs!  :cry:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 08, 2013, 12:36:10 AM »
Well, you would be horrified at the fate of Twist and Dance Alexis, Luvly. Maybe I will try to sell the others I've purchased though. I just don't like them as much as MH or even Barbies.
the twist and dance dolls don't sell well because they have no articulations, but that version of her I actually wanted for her wig and outfit. That brown and blue. :P

Arrrgh I saw the Gorgon and Ice Girl sets again and they escaped my yet grasp again...>,<;

But that'll all change tomorrow after school...visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline sakuralu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 08, 2013, 01:00:13 AM »
Why are doll clothes so expensive? :(

because fabric can be expensive and they also charge for their time... every little bit adds up... those tiny buttons and thread and fabric dont pay for themselves (well they do in the long run... especially if people can charge $50+ for a clothing set... )

It's true but it's really feasible to sell handmade doll clothes for less 10$. I do! And for that price you have a really great quality.

animal_lover

« Reply #821 on: April 08, 2013, 06:41:45 AM »
Idk. Call me crazy but I just really don't agree with the whole the rarer the doll the more expensive the clothes are thing. I mean I understand the theory but I just don't agree.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 08, 2013, 06:46:46 AM »
I have been noticing over the weekend that eBay is full of PD 2.0 dolls, all of them I think, but mostly Opie and Lagoona. They aren't even ridiculously priced, like prerelease dolls can be, or are they officially out in other countries besides Australia?

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 08, 2013, 07:23:02 AM »

Since I'm not fond of Swim Suit lines but really love Swim Class Draculaura, she got a new dress today. I just love how it turned out!

She's wearing the Sweet 1600 dress that came with Clawdeen and the overskirt from I <3 Fashion Abbeys extra dress

Love her so much!!

I have a question, since I'm not very active on the forum right now, but has the new wave of PD girls been released?

Adoptable made by me

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 08, 2013, 07:38:04 AM »
Awkward MH moment...

I was at TRU this weekend and I was waiting in line behind another customer to ask an associate a quick question. The older lady in front of me was asking what types of dolls are popular for girls around 10 years old. The associate told her Monster High dolls are really popular and to check out the aisle number. My question was answered quickly, and I followed the lady to the Monster High aisle. She turned to me and asked if I knew where they were. I pointed and said, "Looks like they don't have very good stock today." She picked up a Clawdeen and said, "Now WHY would she assume that just because I'm a black I want a black doll? I don't like this one bit! Why are black dolls considered MONSTERS?"

I was like :blink: I just turned around a box and showed her the picture and said, "Oh no, they come in all colors. They're all monsters." Her reply was, "Oh, so what did you mean by 'they don't have very good stock'? Black ain't good?" I told her I meant the selection is slim pickins because they tend to fly off the shelves. Good grief. :huh:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal