collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Information About New TRU Exclusives  (Read 3321 times)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Re: Information About New TRU Exclusives
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 03:07:42 AM »
I'll definitely want the talking TS, the castle and the R/C car. The princess sets will depend, and of course for the TRU sets, only the fan favorites WITHOUT chrysalis. Don't want the others.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:41:52 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 06:46:57 AM »
Yes to the collector pack, no to the other ones for me.
I mean, I HAVE a Lyra, a Cadence, a Shining Armor and an unfinished Drama Pony but...whatever, right? ^^;;;

Edit: AH! I see what they did! They cast Cheese Legs out of clear plastic, then painted her black everywhere that wasn't a hole!

Lyrica is going to be easy to style. It's just a big heap of curls with a feather added.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:51:08 AM by Lon-san »

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 07:24:36 AM »
Favorites Collection - $39.99
Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash - $14.99
Nightmare Moon - $29.99

Hrm, that favourites collection isn't too badly priced at about 5 dollars per pony, so I'll definitely be picking it up when I sees it. I'll only grab Dash if she goes on sale, though, and the crystal castle as well. Because I'm stingy like that. :P

Am I the only one who wishes it was a regular shadow bolt or a wonderbolt instead of rainbow dash?! :( ill still buy her if I can get a coupon or bogo but I can wish right?! Haha.

Same here. I might just have to grab two on a bogo or something and do a bit of re hairing if it really starts to bug me.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2013, 07:45:08 AM »
Yes to the collector pack, no to the other ones for me.
I mean, I HAVE a Lyra, a Cadence, a Shining Armor and an unfinished Drama Pony but...whatever, right? ^^;;;

Edit: AH! I see what they did! They cast Cheese Legs out of clear plastic, then painted her black everywhere that wasn't a hole!

Lyrica is going to be easy to style. It's just a big heap of curls with a feather added.

I think the Lyra in this set has a darker mane (the single I have, the turquoise in her hair is pretty much the same shade as her body, in the photos this new Lyra's mane is much darker) so technically it's not a double =P
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 08:28:22 AM »
Well TECHNICALLY Trixie wasn't a double because they slapped glitter on her cutie mark. :P

Oh Hasbro, you so clever!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Recyclebella

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 08:34:37 AM »
I love Dash! She may be more expensive than a regular pony, but more effort was put into the design, and she's still a lot less than the "exclusives." I will have to have all of these.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you, Moongazer![/shadow][/color]

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 08:40:33 AM »
Ah well. I do remember, early in the brony fandom when it was just getting started, an impassioned call for really good toys that catered to the fandom. And that's what we're getting, more or less. I wouldn't mind the price as much if not for the prevalence of factory errors meaning that we have to search each package to be sure we're not getting any factory rejects.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Recyclebella

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 08:54:56 AM »
Ah well. I do remember, early in the brony fandom when it was just getting started, an impassioned call for really good toys that catered to the fandom. And that's what we're getting, more or less. I wouldn't mind the price as much if not for the prevalence of factory errors meaning that we have to search each package to be sure we're not getting any factory rejects.

Agreed. The error problem makes buying online tricky, too. You just never know exactly what you might get.
Thank you, Moongazer![/shadow][/color]

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 08:57:36 AM »
Although I'd agree that the quality is barely adequate at best-  Hasbro is pretty good about fixing the problems that seem to be coming up with people.   I am lucky enough not to have had any issues with quality- but it sounds like when there is an issue, Hasbro doesn't hesitate to send a replacement- which is great- provided that the character I want is actually in stock...

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:30 AM »

Agreed. The error problem makes buying online tricky, too. You just never know exactly what you might get.

Yep. I've got a white talking Celestia with a whole row of hair missing plugs. Thankfully it doesn't look too bad unless you examine her up close.

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »
I definitely want the favorites collection, though I'll likely end up selling Chrysalis and Cadence. I'm kind of bummed about it being a TRU exclusive, though, since there isn't one near me, so no matter what I do (either have someone on her pick up the set and ship it or order it online), I'll have to pay shipping, which makes the set much more expensive overall. Of course, I haven't bought any new ponies in months, so I guess it won't be so bad.

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:10 AM »
I do really hope that Chrysalis looks great, admitting that I've been loving the idea of a Chrysalis toy. If she looks as nice as Nightmare Moon, then I'll be immensely satisfied!

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
Goodbye money!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2013, 04:36:39 PM »
I sometimes think its worth pointing out that these ponies are not really collectors quality. You do not get a collector quality item for $5 per pony or even $15. They are still children's toys and for Hasbro and TRU to create such a product
is risky. And I am sorry no matter how many of us are on this site and out in the wider world, to create a product which has a traditional [and still core] young girl target market but aim it instead at adult men and women is a risk for any manufacturer and retailer. Especially when the presence of brushable hair and price point means they are very much still trying to target the parents and kids market as well. These items suit us as collectors but do they really cater to the "show accurate" demanding bronies? TRU and Hasbro are trying for both markets with the product and with the price.

TRU are rightfully for a multi national corporate entity buying into the popularity of this line. Its a catch 22; without the line being so popular we simply would not be getting some of these items; because the line is so popular retailers can mark up a premium.

Also it should be pointed out that TRU have probably paid an over rider in order to get his product as exclusive therefore they will charge more for an item which they have invested more into. And as mentioned by others, comparing the price of other toys now as well as ponies in the past, I still think $5-15 is reasonable enough.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2013, 06:21:54 PM »
The problem with Shadowbolt Dash's price is that only hard core collectors are going to be willing to spend that much on one pony. And usually collectors either hold on to them forever, or if they do tire of ponies they will try to sell them off and make a profit. There will likely not be any yard sale or thrift store luck with Shadowbolt Dash.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal