collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lazy/rude ebay trader!- Resolved I guess.  (Read 1307 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Lazy/rude ebay trader!- Resolved I guess.
« on: April 08, 2012, 09:04:57 PM »
I emailed a trader on ebay about their dremel like product that would make customs a bit easier.  Like the size of the bits it takes and do they sell replacement products for it and this is the response I got.

"Hi,
Dear friend,I am sorry that we do not have the Australian plut,and we do not sell replacement parts.And also we don't know the size of this item,since this item is in our warehourse,and it is not convenient for us to take it out to measure for you.I am sorry for it."

I find her tone rude and uppity, she could have simply said no. I haven't replied yet, what kind of reply should I give her in return? Why would you sell a product and have NO idea about it? surely you'd need to know the size of the bits and what not- and no REPLACEMENT PARTS?! Why sell it?!. ARGH, just reading it made me angry :/ Maybe this should be in What's your problem?

Haha.. Not CONVENIENT, PFFFT.
:stressed:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 11:35:07 PM by bagheera86 »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy/rude ebay trader!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 10:21:01 PM »
Sounds like a translation mis-communication...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 10:56:01 PM »
Sounds like a translation mis-communication...

Maybe. but I'd like to think they would know what parts their machine will take :/

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 10:59:02 PM »
It does sound like they are using a translator, or at the very least, are not fluent in English. Personally, I don't think I'd reply (or maybe just say 'Thank you for your response' if I had to reply), but would try to find a similar product from a different seller :awake:   Where are they located by the way? And do they sell mostly tools? Or a variety of items? If they have a warehouse, chances are they might not be familiar with all of their items, just like an employee at a hardware store might not know specifics about all of their items.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 11:34:34 PM »
It does sound like they are using a translator, or at the very least, are not fluent in English. Personally, I don't think I'd reply (or maybe just say 'Thank you for your response' if I had to reply), but would try to find a similar product from a different seller :awake:   Where are they located by the way? And do they sell mostly tools? Or a variety of items? If they have a warehouse, chances are they might not be familiar with all of their items, just like an employee at a hardware store might not know specifics about all of their items.

Yeah I might've jumped the gun a little since I made this post right after I'd read it.

I didn't think it would be inconvenient for them to just call the warehouse and check the details, and yes they sell mostly tools and then a few other knick knacks.  It just annoys me they have no idea about what they're selling and she couldn't be bothered making a phone call to check, if I don't know something I find someone who does where I work.  All I asked for was 'Good morning, do you have replacement parts, sell the au convertor plug and accessories?' to keep it simple.

when someone says it's inconvenient that really just says 'that's too hard, since you don't seem like you're  going to buy it anyway- why bother?' and that's the part that's annoying me, why have a business if you can't check? They could be all out of stock and they probably wouldn't find out until an order was made.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy/rude ebay trader!- Resolved I guess.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 12:20:30 AM »
If this is eBay AU, it's probably along the lines of an asian reseller tbh. They seem oh so common on there... and it's not too great when there's a bit of miscommunication either. I'd say look for another seller that could help you more really.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
If this is eBay AU, it's probably along the lines of an asian reseller tbh. They seem oh so common on there... and it's not too great when there's a bit of miscommunication either. I'd say look for another seller that could help you more really.

Yeah, they said it was an american company on the page somewhere so her reply and name threw me off and I figured she was just trying to condense what she was saying and what not, like how some teens write. I will be looking elsewhere.. Maybe big W or Bunnings or that new Masters.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 01:13:39 AM »
They could be dropshipping also. When you dropship, you eBay items from warehouses, and when the customer buys it, the warehouse ships it. You don't have to do anything but post the auctions and collect the money.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 03:26:29 AM »
They could be dropshipping also. When you dropship, you eBay items from warehouses, and when the customer buys it, the warehouse ships it. You don't have to do anything but post the auctions and collect the money.

Oh, didn't know about that. Sorry to waste everybodies time, thanks all for your input :D I'll just sure to post so hastily next time.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:32:12 PM »
Its always disappointing when someone seems to be rude or knows little about the product they are selling. I would simply reply with "ok thanks for your response" as Glacia suggested, and then find another seller. Hopefully one who knows a bit more about the items  :hug:  I dont think they were being deliberately rude TBH- like the others mentioned, maybe they are dropshipping, or maybe English is not their first language, but they could have handled the situation better though.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal