collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flaky eBay buyer - gucristavo  (Read 2191 times)

amylynnamylynn

• Trade Count: (0)
Flaky eBay buyer - gucristavo
« on: April 01, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »
Just wanted to warn fellow arena members about the buyer gucristavo.  He won my auction for the full set of McDonalds G4s, didn't pay and then thinks its okay to send me a message a week later saying he "has no need for my toys".  Since he actually contacted me I choose to cancel the sale instead of filing a full claim, but he has not responded to agree to cancel. 

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Flaky eBay buyer - gucristavo
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:27:51 AM »
Thats so rude!  :mad:  I cant believe how some people act!

hikari_amaya

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:44:21 AM »
Honestly you should file a complaint with Ebay. Its because nobody will hold them for their actions they'll continue to do it. How else are they supposed to learn? Plus it would alert Ebay of their actions and who knows you might not be the only one he's not paid. By clicking I agree to pay if I win, is a LEGAL obligation. But thank you for giving us the heads up though :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 02:04:37 AM »
I am sorry you have to deal with such a pain.  And who oviously has no disregard to ebay's policies that by placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding contract. 

I would have filed the dispute though so ebay would have record of his behaviour.    Plus if he does not agree to cancel it, you will not get your fee's back.

Good luck and I do hope he agree's to it.  :)   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 01:48:20 PM »
Thanks for letting us know!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »
Do not cancel the transaction. File a claim. That is what you really need to do.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »
Ugh! what awful manners! besides he ignored ebays policies :throw:  :mad:  I'm so sorry you ended up with such a bad buyer :hug:  I will block him for sure!
Personally I think that you need to file a claim as well - he needs to know that this is not acceptable behaviour

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »
I wish I had filed a claim - now I unfortunatly can't because the other case is still open.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »
Can't you close that one and file a non-paying bidder claim?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 02:47:15 AM »
Yuck....seriously....where has all the courtesy gone on ebay...there are so many people who seem to think it ok to disrespect and abuse sellers at the moment that it simply isnt amusing anymore!

Thats a really horrible thing to happen and as others have said I would certainly see if you could close the cancelled sale and open a NPB on him...whether ebay really puts strikes on people I am not sure but if he gets away with it he ll try it again and unless ebay has a pattern actually flagged up to them with buyers they wont do anything about it!

Pony hugs....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline RainbowWindy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+315)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 01:23:46 PM »
I don't think so but if he doesn't respond to that claim, ebay closes it and will give you your fees back. That's what happened to me. I had someone claim that that she didn't bid on my item and had no idea how she won my auction  >_<  So I cancelled the transaction but she did not respond to it. After a while, ebay automatically closed it.
In the future, I plan to only open NBP claims though since you don't have to depend on the bidder and so they can be closed much quicker.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:26:13 PM by RainbowWindy »
EBay Sales ~~

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 08:35:53 AM »

In the future, I plan to only open NBP claims though since you don't have to depend on the bidder and so they can be closed much quicker.

Yes, I agree with this.

The only time I cancel a transaction is if the person tells me immediately. Otherwise, it's a claim all the way. Plus, with the new rules coming into play, they won't be able to leave you feedback if you file a non-paying bidder.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »
How rude, some people just have no decency!

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »
I don't think so but if he doesn't respond to that claim, ebay closes it and will give you your fees back. That's what happened to me. I had someone claim that that she didn't bid on my item and had no idea how she won my auction  >_<  So I cancelled the transaction but she did not respond to it. After a while, ebay automatically closed it.

You're right, I can't close it, but thank you for saying that eBay will eventually close it, it seems like it's taking forever!  (How did your buyer not know how she won your auction?)

This is the first time I didn't do a NBP claim, but I'm only going to do those from here on out.

Thank you to everyone for the advice and kind words.  I emailed the buyer to respond to his first message and I told him to please respond to the case to cancel the sale.  He wrote back this morning "CANCEL".  *headdesk*

hikari_amaya

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 06:55:13 AM »

You're right, I can't close it, but thank you for saying that eBay will eventually close it, it seems like it's taking forever!  (How did your buyer not know how she won your auction?)

This is the first time I didn't do a NBP claim, but I'm only going to do those from here on out.

Thank you to everyone for the advice and kind words.  I emailed the buyer to respond to his first message and I told him to please respond to the case to cancel the sale.  He wrote back this morning "CANCEL".  *headdesk*
Sounds like youve got a winner *pats on the back* Isnt there a deadline to cancel a sale?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal