collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non Paying Bidders...update with names of users  (Read 3538 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Non Paying Bidders...update with names of users
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
Do you ever just get a feeling that some one isnt going to pay for an auction? Just that kind of niggly...I know this isnt going to happen feeling?

I am seriously getting sick and tired of it on ebay at the moment...do you think they are going to address this issue? If I had 10 auctions online 2 years ago they would all have been paid...if I have 10 auctions now at least 3 will have NPB...what am I missing? what has happened to change? is it just that ebay let people away with it now so there are more people willing to risk the strikes which never seem to fall?

Update:- And as suspected here are the names of my 2 most recent NPB...ryanladdhd and dawn_lock...*sigh*...I dont get it, I dont like it but there is a pattern to so many of these bidders being brand new and with no feedback on ebay...is there a way to insist that bidders have a certain level of feedback? Also does ebay have an age at which you are allowed to me a member?

Update 2:- So just as I am finally closing the cases...I know I should have done it earlier but for some reason ebay didnt do it automatically...one of these bidders paid! Great...I think at least the item sold even if they never answered my messages, had no reason as to why they didnt pay and thought that leaving it 10 days from the end of auction was acceptable [I actually have no problem with waiting as long as people mention it]. So I package her up and post her yesterday [this is 1 and a half days after I have received payment]. I mark her as posted yesterday...so tonight I receive a message from the buyer asking if I have posted her yet! A teeny tiny touch impatient? Am I being paranoid in thinking this buyer is going to be a problem with feedback and DSRs? I have probably been so silly - I had a feeling at the start on this one - I should have been snappier on closing the cases. Sigh....
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:12:39 PM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Non Paying Bidders...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
Yep there are tons and tons of NPB these days. I'm finding a similar ratio to you sadly.  They just never pay and dont' even send any comms to say why.

I think that a lot of sellers just relist the item after a set amount of time and don't bother with the NPB process as it seems a bit of a waste of time really so I guess most bidders just figure they'll get away with it.  Also, with not being able to leave negs for buyers now there isnt' much you can do.

However, if you do go through with NPB process and ebay finds in your favour you get your FVF back and they get a 'black mark' on their record - too many of those and supposedly they get their account restricted so its always worth sorting out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »
i had my second ever NPB last month :(

i went through the NPB process, but still it is a pain and waste of your time even though you get the FVF back.

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »
I must be lucky, to have only dealt with this once. And odd enough, that person had been causing trouble for tons of us here, that there was a complaint thread opened about it. (roll eyes).

But all my items are set up for pay required immediately for bin (how most of my things sell), and my auctions, people are really good about paying very promptly. I guess I am lucky so far, because I know a lot of people complain about npb.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
Yep there are a lot more NPB now than before :sad:  I think its to do with the fact that they can get away with it more easily now *sigh*  there is no bad feedback allowed for buyers, and a number of sellers probably dont bother to go through with the NPB thing. Oh and add to that the fact that even if the buyer gets their account closed, they just open another :(  I would like to think that ebay will address the problem in the future, but TBH I'm not very hopeful of it since they seem to be more interested in attracting big stores/businesses these days (who almost certainly arent so bothered by the NPB  than ordinary peeps ) . I hope I'm wrong

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 09:59:14 PM »
Well, let's see....

Since January 2012 I've had at least 20 non-paying bidders. It might be more. I'm trying to find the area in Ebay where it actually tells you how many cases you've opened. It used to be on the top of my page but now I'm having trouble finding it.

But yeah, it's getting worse.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »
"Also, with not being able to leave negs for buyers now there isnt' much you can do." by Gaspode

Yep that's exactly why it happens! Now you can't leave them a negative (which is unfair!) so no one can see what they are doing...hence why it keeps happening. I don't sell much on ebay, maybe 5-10 items in a three month period but somehow always manage to get at least one non paying bidder! Ebay needs to change that rule, if someone doesn't pay, you should be aloud to leave a neg even after opening a case on them.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 07:08:58 AM »
Where do I begin on this subject?
It is more than a common trend anymore :(

And what do they care if they get a strike on their account, ebay does nothing to them in the end.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 08:17:44 AM »
I have had so many lately, another one just this week... and its not just pony items too.  I so fed up with it : (
I really hope they do address this.  I personally think at the very least there should be a public way to see if someone has a non paying bidder strike.  If its is public on their profile then maybe they will think twice before wasting out time.  A little icon under their feedback score should do it : )
The current system of not being able to leave feedback for a bad buyer is totally constructed to make life easier for ebay... less messages from angry people wanting negative feedback removed, less negative feedback in general means more people willing to buy and sell = more profit for ebay.

In the meantime if it is something that effects you, make a complaint to ebay about the matter in general,
I know people don't like to complain or think it won't do any good but if we don't tell ebay then they won't know how we feel. xxx   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:23:30 AM by willa »
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 08:30:22 AM »
"Also, with not being able to leave negs for buyers now there isnt' much you can do." by Gaspode

Yep that's exactly why it happens! Now you can't leave them a negative (which is unfair!) so no one can see what they are doing...hence why it keeps happening. I don't sell much on ebay, maybe 5-10 items in a three month period but somehow always manage to get at least one non paying bidder! Ebay needs to change that rule, if someone doesn't pay, you should be aloud to leave a neg even after opening a case on them.

Oh wow, that's very weird you can't leave a neg feedback for that!! :O
Indeed no-one will see what these kind of bidders do... saddning.

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »
I just closed a NPB case today. Thankfully I was able to do a second chance offer for only 50p less so I'm happy.

It just bugs me though - why bid if you don't intend to pay, or if you did genuinely intend to pay and something came up, why not just say?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Non Paying Bidders...update with names of users
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 06:53:18 AM »
I have updated the thread with their names...

I know "everyone has to start with 0 feedback" but I am truly fed up with this now...I really am learning my lessons on here and on ebay in the last 6 or so months!!! Lol...is it bad I really only want to deal with people I know now?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »
*sigh*  At least we know their names so if they bid on auctions and can't be blocked, the seller can prepare for the inevitable NPB.  :(  Thanks for letting us know.  *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
I just had my first NPB this week.  The person has at least one other person who has left feedback saying that they never received a payment, and yet there's feedback left yesterday saying they paid fast.  I don't get these people.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
have the same trouble, 30 percent don't pay. why buy if you are not going to pay?
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal