collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: international mail from Mexico?  (Read 2497 times)

cody_sunday

• Trade Count: (0)
international mail from Mexico?
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:22:29 PM »
i was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, i'm really unsure what to do!

i recently ordered a CD bundle from a band i like (2 tshirts and a few CDs) and the website said to expect delivery in 5/6 weeks going from Mexico to the UK. that was on December 2nd, it's been nearly 12 weeks now! i've been in contact with the seller through their contact email off the store site, and on the band's Facebook page, and first i was told they couldn't check up on things because they were on tour and away from the computer. then a while later i was told the delay was likely due to it being the christmas period and mail being slow. then when i chased it up again a few weeks along, i was told that the situation was the same with all the other orders for CD bundles and that it was definitely somewhere on it's way. then a few more weeks passed and i emailed again and i was told that it's because the Mexican mail service is notoriously slow, and reassured once again that it would get here eventually.

the last time i spoke with the seller was a week ago now, and still nothing. i'm out about £50 for something i ordered last year and still don't have.

i really don't know how to handle this situation, is the international mail from Mexico really this slow? i feel bad harassing the seller about it, but it's getting to the point that i'm wondering if i'm actually going to receive the parcel. i tried asking at the post office today if they had a way i could check if it's been held in customs or something, but they weren't really any help.

can anyone advise me on how to sort this out?
xx

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: international mail from Mexico?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »
I really have no input on the shipping delays, but I hope you get your items! I know its frustating to keep waiting for you items to show up. You paid a lot of money to recieve nothing for it. I wish you the best of luck with this!

cody_sunday

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:57:16 AM »
thank you!
can anybody else help? people who've bought nirvana's from abroad?
xx

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:49:20 AM »
I know international shipping can be slow at times especially around the holidays.  But it now being Feb.  things should be back on track I would think.

Did the seller ever provide any shipping info for you? Confirmation that your item was shipped? Customs Number? Anything?

I would keep trying to contact them because unfortunately you are passed the 45 day deadline to file with Paypal to get your money back. :(

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

cody_sunday

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 03:59:21 AM »
there's a 45 day deadline?? damn :s

i've got no proof of shipping or a tracking number or anything at the moment, all i've got is my order number and proof of the paypal transaction. *off to email the seller again*

xx

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 04:01:33 AM »
Can you plug that order number they gave you anywhere on their site to check it's status?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

cody_sunday

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 04:22:00 AM »
no, it's just a bigcartel site, not fancy enough :(
http://ritualz.bigcartel.com/

i've emailed the same guy again asking for proof of postage, do you think it would be within my rights to ask for a refund if he can't provide it?
xx

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »
you can always ask him to refund you (and offer to pay him back if the parcel shows up), but  since its past the 45 day deadline you cant actually make him refund you :(  Keeping in contact is the best option right now. Items can be slow, and can take weeks or months to arrive, but a parcel from the beginning of December should normally be there by now . I think it took 3 - 4 weeks the last time I bought a pony from Mexico :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:32:43 AM »
I've bought ponies from a seller in Mexico and they always take about a month to show up. I guess the customs wants to make sure no drugs are getting in?

cody_sunday

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 07:53:41 AM »
yeah after seeing the post with the venezuelan nirvanas that got opened in customs it made me wonder if that's where the delay in postage is coming from, seeing as it's being sent from a country that might be considered dangerous for that kind of thing. unfortunately i can't check it out myself, i asked at the post office, but they said that because i didn't know the sender's address and they couldn't even know what company the parcel would be transferred to once it reached england, i can't start an inquiry myself. it's up to the sender. :(

i'm waiting for a reply from the seller now about proof of postage. i wish i'd known about the paypal deadline before, i've been too patient before chasing this up it seems!

xx

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »
You most certainly are within your rights to ask for a refund!! I would sincerely hate for the band to be out of merchandise and monies, but I'd feel just as badly for you on the other hand!! :hug:

That being said, I have personally had packages from Mexico take up to 3 months (this is the worst case scenario) to get to me in the U.S. This particular package was beat up to heckityhoo and my poor custom pony was broken; mendable, but broken. Mexico Post can be Very rough and Very slow. So much so that I always think twice or three times before placing an order from anyone in that country. (Which really bites as a couple of my favorite customizers reside in Mexico!! :yikes: )

I know you feel bad that you have to keep contacting them, but they need to bear responsibility for situations like this. If they will agree to a refund and then your items arrive later you can always pay them back!! ;)

I hope that your goodies get there!! Good luck in corresponding!!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »
That's weird, the only time something I sent that arrived REALLY slow (more than a month) was because of snow storms on the US, the packages arrived on time, but due to snow storms couldn't be delivered to the state/city (were stuck on the US waiting to be sorted and posted... ... I think I don't making sense on what I'm trying to say =P)

Did seller gave you anything to track your package?  Number, or with who they sent the package?  I know you don't want to bother that much seller/band, but asking for a refund is the best. 

How is possible for not talking out to you what's going on with your package?  It talks bad of them =S

And contrary to kCherry's bad experience, I haven't had any package treated bad with the Mexican Post Service, just with 'fast shipping services' (including USPS...  they really treated bad a package years ago...), including things that were really poorly packaged international items...)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
I used to live in Mexico.

It took about a month for packages from the US (Texas) to reach me when I lived there.  This was before all the drug cartel troubles.

All I know is that the Mexican postal system is very slow from the US, so I'm sure it is molasses slow to the UK.

I hope your package does show up!!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
  I should also mention that my USPS service is Not the greatest! XD I have received damaged parcels from Everywhere, not just Mexico. ;) I'm sure that the majority of slow/ missing/ damaged parcels depend greatly on not just where it's coming from but where it's coming in to customs as well as the local depot that the mail is sorted through before going to your local PO (I'm 99.9% positive that the vast majority of my own personal post woes were due to poor handling in my local depot.) It could very well have just been rotten luck for me that I had more than a couple of parcels come from Mexico beaten and abused!! :yikes:

I don't want to discourage anyone from doing business with anyone in Mexico, but anypony considering it should be aware of the risks. ;)

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
*laughs*

Don't worry, I know I'm really lucky with not having any problems with my PO and packages here in Mexico =)

But with USPS that was first and last time with them *sigh*  And same with other 'fast companies' (Estafeta, etc.), expensive AND damaged my items...  And poor packages are really treated way too roughly during the way to their destiny...  *hugs poor packages*

cody, do you have any news on your order?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal