collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: a member's Travel Pony Idea  (Read 1673 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
a member's Travel Pony Idea
« on: July 14, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »
So Marlin's cute story about her daughter watching the pony as it travels to her house gave me an idea.
no clue if it would work or not, but i thought it would be fun to at least mention.
it would be a community event.
we get a g4 ponyzilla or just a fashion size pony and ship her from house to house of different members and have each member sign it with their user name and either state or country.
no idea if anyone would be up for it, but it sounded fun.

when it's all over the pony could be auctioned and the profits could either go to the arena or a charity.

if it's totally crazy or already been done, no worries. but if people think it would be fun, let try it!
not sure if we'd need to get permission from the mods as it's not a swap, but for now i'm just throwing out the idea. if it's gets close to happening we can work out details and red tape later.

Offline wlyteth

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
Re: a member's Travel Pony Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 08:41:18 PM »
That sounds cute! I love this idea. :)
Sonnet Scroll by Nence
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 08:48:52 PM »
I think it'd be cute if every member that got the pony took her to a local landmark of sorts and took a picture with her there, too!  We could keep a thread or an album somewhere of her adventures :)

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 08:55:37 PM »
This sounds super awesome! Sign me up!

Offline wlyteth

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »
I think it'd be cute if every member that got the pony took her to a local landmark of sorts and took a picture with her there, too!  We could keep a thread or an album somewhere of her adventures :)

I was just about to add something like that to my post :P i think that's a cute idea
Sonnet Scroll by Nence

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:12:19 PM »
ah i love that!!!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »
Cool idea Rosiejay!

Omigosh yes! A travel album would be sooo much fun to follow!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 02:28:53 AM »
I remember people doing this in the past and it was always fun to see all the pictures. I woukd love to take part tho I will be back and forth between here and London from Sept so the question would be which address to use.... I've pics I took of Applejack in Helsinki and Cadance in Prague where I git them but it isn't the same thing as a true Globetrotter Pony.

It ought to be something that costs little to ship. That way it can go internationally without bankrupting the sender!

My only hesitation would be signing the pony. It goes against my grain as a collector to wilfully damage a pony.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 10:50:56 AM »
I remember people doing this in the past and it was always fun to see all the pictures. I woukd love to take part tho I will be back and forth between here and London from Sept so the question would be which address to use.... I've pics I took of Applejack in Helsinki and Cadance in Prague where I git them but it isn't the same thing as a true Globetrotter Pony.

It ought to be something that costs little to ship. That way it can go internationally without bankrupting the sender!

My only hesitation would be signing the pony. It goes against my grain as a collector to wilfully damage a pony.

There's always the option to use a paper pony, a la Flat Stanley. It'd be more fragile, obviously, but would solve both your problems. Personally I think an actual pony toy would be more fun. But with a toy, we'd have to make everyone promise to sign it with very tiny handwriting!
I'll put something here some time

Offline LadyFizzy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • dreamstobecome.com
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »
This is always a fun game to play with other collectors, especially when you can dress the pony up a little or take it out to local monuments or places of interest. I have heard of other folks doing this in the past... I took my childhood Applejack places for fun back when I was in college. :)
Ahoy! I'm back after a long absence. :P

Sig by ShinePaw
Profile pic by Kanthaka

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 11:07:29 AM »
I think in the past people sent a notebook with the pony as a travel journal. That way space wasnt kimited and the pony wasnt damaged.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 12:03:26 PM »
I think in the past people sent a notebook with the pony as a travel journal. That way space wasnt kimited and the pony wasnt damaged.
i think that a note could extend it, but being that it won't be g1 or g2. but rather a pony you can still get in the stores, i'd like to see if we can still sign the pony.
people have celebrities etc do it all the time.
to save on shipping, try to keep it in the states until it ships internationally.
then let it travel the world till its full and come back to the states to auction.

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »
This sounds like a really cool idea! It would be great to have a picture album of landmarks where the pony travels to  :biggrin:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 12:19:34 PM »
That sounds quite a lot like the 'Pony Around The World' kind of event EquestriaFai- I mean EquestriaDaily throws from time to time... except with one pony being tossed around and not peope taking pics with their ponies.

I also support the notebook, or just hanging tags around the pony with people's names instead of writing on it since it is not only difficult but... you know how it goes: The first three-five will take up 50% of the space.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:24:21 PM by Lore-Lei »

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 12:21:20 PM »
I had an idea like this a while ago- probably last holiday season. My idea was to send a greeting card- maybe one that and a couple extra folds, but still under 1oz. From the US all it takes is a standard international stamp, at an EXTREMELY reasonable rate of $1.15.

The most expensive thing would be the card itself, which will probably top out at five dollars if we got a really nice one from Hallmark. I was/am going to initiate my own greeting card signature thing in early September (after the MN pony meet) ... send it around the world and display it at the fair next year.

Anyhoodle, hope this doesn't hijack or derail this thread, just wanted to give another perspective! I think I wouldn't participate in a GZilla swap because of high shipping costs.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal