collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New G4 pony toy designs  (Read 29813 times)

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming movie design ponies
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2019, 06:25:39 AM »
But, like...G4.75?? What are we going to call this.

I fear these are G5 :lookround:
I don't think they are. These have the G4 logo, and the Amazon description for at least one of them (haven't checked others) mentions Friendship is Magic by name.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2019, 06:30:22 AM »
Unpopular opinion, but... I love these.  G4 designs looked so boring to me.  I love the somewhat more angular design of these toys.  I’ve been terribly bored of the main 6 but I can 100% get behind these.  I do hope they’re a little bit bigger than regular G4’s though.  I couldn’t stand how small those brushables were. 

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2019, 06:36:34 AM »
Rarity looks like there's a little extra something something in that spray bottle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2019, 06:45:40 AM »

Edit: Pinkie already cut in for me, whoops!
I think the plan was always to have a G4 into G5 movie? I'll check with my cartoon cohorts but I think we were supposed to have one more spurt of G4.

Post Merge: November 02, 2019, 06:47:24 AM

Unpopular opinion, but... I love these.  G4 designs looked so boring to me.  I love the somewhat more angular design of these toys.  I’ve been terribly bored of the main 6 but I can 100% get behind these.  I do hope they’re a little bit bigger than regular G4’s though.  I couldn’t stand how small those brushables were.
Oh good point on the size. I just hope they come out sooner than their stated date so we can find out!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 06:47:24 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2019, 06:51:16 AM »
Those are terrifying.  Just, when Hasbro?

You know, I was talking with my friend last night on how Hasbro is destroying the classic Milton Bradley games lately.  I said Hasbro is acting like they did in the 60's when they were riding high on G.I. Joe and no matter what they did was successful.  That was followed by the 70's when the company almost ceased to exist and needed to completely restructure going into the 80's.  I think Hasbro is going to run into a wall where their decisions have alienated their fans and just sour on the general public.

And those designs are...jibbly jibbly.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Kisscurl

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kisscurlsponies.weebly.com/index.html
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2019, 06:59:57 AM »
You have got to be joking!!!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2019, 07:02:50 AM »

I don't think they are. These have the G4 logo, and the Amazon description for at least one of them (haven't checked others) mentions Friendship is Magic by name.

Whew! I was thrown by the hooves. Too much of a change. So as long as these are branded FiM I won't sound the alarm just yet :lol:

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 07:05:39 AM »
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2019, 07:11:23 AM »
What the hell is that?  :shocked: :blink:

Hasbro, I hate you sometimes.  :nope:

Post Merge: November 02, 2019, 07:17:54 AM

Those are terrifying.  Just, when Hasbro?

You know, I was talking with my friend last night on how Hasbro is destroying the classic Milton Bradley games lately.  I said Hasbro is acting like they did in the 60's when they were riding high on G.I. Joe and no matter what they did was successful.  That was followed by the 70's when the company almost ceased to exist and needed to completely restructure going into the 80's.  I think Hasbro is going to run into a wall where their decisions have alienated their fans and just sour on the general public.

And those designs are...jibbly jibbly.

Jibbly jibbly?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 07:17:54 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2019, 07:20:21 AM »
I've already shared my thoughts on these in some Discord servers but I'll do it here too. So first of all, I'm pretty positive these are not G5. The logo is the G4 logo, just a different color. The designs are the same as G4 Mane 6, just that they're in a new mold style. Their species are all the same (remember that they wanted to make Fluttershy a unicorn and Pinkie a pegasus?), the cutie marks are still G4 cutie marks, and the release date feels way too soon for this to be G5. These come out in January? Just two months from now? I'm pretty sure Hasbro would want to show off G5 at Toy Fair or something before its release, not after its release. I think these are just another G4 line and the upcoming CG movie's gonna be G4's last hurrah before we finally do get G5.

As for the designs themselves, they're definitely not ponies. But really neither are normal G4s? Original G4s and these new ones both equally are not horses to me. With previous G4s giving me deer vibes and these giving me cat ones. I think these are cute and I'll probably pick them up despite them being more Mane 6, just because the mold styles are so different so at least they don't like identical to nearly every other G4 Mane 6 releases. What's nice is I think these girls here may be bigger than normal G4s, if the price is anything to go by. The Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie say their MSRP will be $12.99 Canadian, which is around $10 USD. Considering these just come with a few accessories I don't think that would warrant being around $10 if they're normal G4 size, so I'm thinking they'll be a little larger?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2019, 07:26:29 AM »
I've already shared my thoughts on these in some Discord servers but I'll do it here too. So first of all, I'm pretty positive these are not G5. The logo is the G4 logo, just a different color. The designs are the same as G4 Mane 6, just that they're in a new mold style. Their species are all the same (remember that they wanted to make Fluttershy a unicorn and Pinkie a pegasus?), the cutie marks are still G4 cutie marks, and the release date feels way too soon for this to be G5. These come out in January? Just two months from now? I'm pretty sure Hasbro would want to show off G5 at Toy Fair or something before its release, not after its release. I think these are just another G4 line and the upcoming CG movie's gonna be G4's last hurrah before we finally do get G5.

As for the designs themselves, they're definitely not ponies. But really neither are normal G4s? Original G4s and these new ones both equally are not horses to me. With previous G4s giving me deer vibes and these giving me cat ones. I think these are cute and I'll probably pick them up despite them being more Mane 6, just because the mold styles are so different so at least they don't like identical to nearly every other G4 Mane 6 releases. What's nice is I think these girls here may be bigger than normal G4s, if the price is anything to go by. The Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie say their MSRP will be $12.99 Canadian, which is around $10 USD. Considering these just come with a few accessories I don't think that would warrant being around $10 if they're normal G4 size, so I'm thinking they'll be a little larger?

Doesn't mean they won't carry it over. G4s are nothing more but tweaked G3.5 Ponyvilles.

I SINCERELY hope these monstrosities aren't the next generation though.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 07:39:25 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2019, 07:36:40 AM »

I dub thee... G4.75.

2nd worst only to G3.5.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2019, 07:41:24 AM »
As a trans guy, on bad days I think of myself as a deformity. These are worse.

:hug:

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2019, 07:43:47 AM »
Oh dear...  :shocked:

Bordering on scary to me, hopefully they’re one offs and there won’t be a movie sized line of these! And that rarity looks hard plastic, not a fan of that either!

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2019, 07:48:01 AM »

I dub thee... G4.75.

2nd worst only to G3.5.