collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The truth behind the 12 inch Chinese Plushies  (Read 34231 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: The truth behind the 12 inch Chinese Plushies
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2014, 05:25:07 AM »
All of those 3rd party manufacturers run the risk of being shut down at any time or at least receiving C&Ds for what they are stocking. For them its a balance. If they get a C&D they would just pull those items. There was a retailer in the US a couple of years ago who was told to stop stocking all 3rd party or they would no longer be allowed to stock any actual Hasbro items. The difference between TF and MLP is probably sheer scale. TF third party items are made in such large quantities that although Hasbro continue to issue them its probably just an ongoing process for them to issue the odd C&D. There are people stocking these plushies - people have found them at cons and in the odd store - so we are already seeing retailers carrying them in the same manner as these TF KOs.

Calling them something else wont make much of a difference thats not what makes TF KOs allowed - they are not allowed and are completely illegal. They just change the names [sometimes] in order to try and be less obvious and appear more apologetic if it ever became a legal matter not to make it permissible.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Matcha

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2014, 05:39:28 AM »
I got a Luna plush from taobao and she has a :3 face
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2014, 08:39:29 AM »

Do you love her Matcha?? I just ordered a Big Mac...
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2014, 09:13:14 PM »
I want Luna!!! *grabby hands*

Offline Matcha

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2014, 09:39:48 PM »
Do you love her Matcha?? I just ordered a Big Mac...
I love her, but I don't like the fact that her bandanna is felt ): Her crown is really sad looking too, it's floppy doesn't quite stand up straight. Some of her embroidered details on her crown and hair don't really match up either. But overall, she's really cute if you don't look too closely! Her eyes are especially nice.

Offline Ossie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2014, 03:03:04 PM »
Progress on Discord and Apple Bloom on the OnlyFactory site:

Our article: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2014/06/onlyfactory-shows-progress-on-discord.html

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

Offline SpaceV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2014, 04:45:27 PM »
I was kind of excited for the cmcs but that purple in Applebloom's hair looks atrocious. That tiny purple stripe on her tail that doesn't even connect looks pretty weird. Mouth and nose are off too. They went with some bad design choices on this one.

I know these are knockoffs but it's not that hard to match colors and position the embroidery correctly.

Discord looks pretty good though, even if he's too chibi for my taste.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2014, 06:54:41 PM »
Pretty cute-

I am tempted by that Big Macintosh, but keep waiting for 4de to finish theirs.  4de is taking SO LONG!

Offline snwbear24

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2014, 08:29:33 PM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned and I missed it, but has one of the people who bought these ordered them through that new 123cosplay host that can confirm it's legit? People said they ordered from FrontWinner safely.

I want to order a Big Mac but I also want to know it's a safe source. I think they take payment through Paypal which would offer me some protection but I'd rather avoid the hassle altogether if it might be a scam source.
Quote from: SpaceV
link=topic=354430.msg1196568#msg1196568 date=1402443927
I was kind of excited for the cmcs but that purple in Applebloom's hair looks atrocious. That tiny purple stripe on her tail that doesn't even connect looks pretty weird. Mouth and nose are off too. They went with some bad design choices on this one.

I know these are knockoffs but it's not that hard to match colors and position the embroidery correctly.

I ordered Big Mac from the 123cosplay and it seems like a fine sight. I think its just like frontwinner but for the US. I haven't gotten him yet but I just ordered him not to long ago. I will let you know when he comes. :)

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2014, 01:13:58 AM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned and I missed it, but has one of the people who bought these ordered them through that new 123cosplay host that can confirm it's legit? People said they ordered from FrontWinner safely.

I want to order a Big Mac but I also want to know it's a safe source. I think they take payment through Paypal which would offer me some protection but I'd rather avoid the hassle altogether if it might be a scam source.

It's safe. :) AJLareneg and I both ordered Chrysalis through 123cosplay and we've both received her. 123cosplay is the US-accessible site for FrontWinner-created products.

Offline snwbear24

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2014, 06:54:28 AM »

It's safe. :) AJLareneg and I both ordered Chrysalis through 123cosplay and we've both received her. 123cosplay is the US-accessible site for FrontWinner-created products.

How long did it take??

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2014, 11:18:18 AM »

Agreed.  I think the random stripe in her tail is just where, if she was animated, there would be an outline, but it does look weird here.  I know these are just test shots/prototypes, so I hope they can correct the issues.  I do like that they included her giant bow.  :)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2014, 12:51:57 PM »

Her eyes and everything are so perfectly lined up, though...a few adjustments by going to the craft store and she'd be delightful!

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2014, 04:38:54 PM »

How long did it take??

It took about two weeks. I went with the free shipping, but there's also an option for shipping with tracking if you're willing pay extra for some peace of mind.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2014, 12:03:31 AM »
Oh did anyone else see that they have Cherries Jubilee there now?
http://www.123cosplay.com/collections/all/products/my-little-pony-cherry-jubilee-plush-popl6718

I am going to order a plush from them this week. I am just having a hard time deciding who to get XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal