collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures  (Read 31999 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2012, 08:21:06 AM »
Enolaalone yours shipped yesterday!  You are going to LOVE THEM!!!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2012, 09:20:25 AM »
I just went to town and visited Hot Topic - I got Rainbow Dash and the last :muffin: Pony that they had.  I kinda like these - I don't really collect G4's but these are neat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »
Hawaiin Rain, I looove your RD! Good job! ^_^ Makes me want to attempt to paint one myself--even though I'd be bad at it lol.

So many names! :muffin: Pony, Ditzy Doo, Special Pony, Gray Pegasus, Best Pony, and Bubbles. It looks like her name will forever be unofficial. Even Enterplay left her name blank.

Well on the official Enterplay check list they name her Special Pony. XD Lame name is lame.

You would think by now Hasbro would just settle on a name, make it official, and be done with it! Instead they let every company put their own little thing on it. Gets confusing, especially for us waiting for an official decision. I think you're right, they're just never going to name her, to avoid the backlash of their decision. Grrr. I hate the name that is most commonly used for her, but I'd even accept that as her official name if it meant we'd finally get an official decision from Hasbro!

It makes me wonder if a few people cleared them out to scalp them or if there are actually more pony fans in my tiny town than I thought.

Most likely, PA! I can't imagine them being sold out that quick unless someone (or a couple someone's with the same idea) bought them to make a quick buck on ebay. >.<

I love how everybody's just blatantly prancing around the name filter, like it wasn't put there for a reason...

It's been that way for a while.... :\ I try to ignore it, but it does stand out, doesn't it? The mods don't seem to be enforcing it though since they don't edit the posts.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
Enolaalone yours shipped yesterday!  You are going to LOVE THEM!!!

YAY! I'm so excited!! :cheer:

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2012, 11:07:42 AM »
Mine are here! That was faster than some of the UK eBay stuff I bought.

Do I get extra points for their box being mis-delivered in true Hooves style, and only arriving an hour ago (6pm)?

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »
I love how everybody's just blatantly prancing around the name filter, like it wasn't put there for a reason...
It's fine, no one is using it as an insult. That's her canon name. It always will be.  ^.^

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »
I updated my Dash, She is now show correct.

She looks AMAAAZING painted :D!!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »
My boyfriend may buy me Rainbow Dash from the Hot Topic website. :D  My birthday is coming up so it may be one of my pressies.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2012, 01:52:11 PM »
Okay I'm sold... I NEED these :lol:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2012, 01:59:26 PM »
It's fine, no one is using it as an insult. That's her canon name. It always will be.  ^.^

I use it because it's her name. Rainbow Dash called her :muffin: Pony on "The Last Roundup" and it doesn't get anymore official than that. She didn't call her that as an insult, she said it because that's her name. I think of all the other names as just nicknames for her.

I got my :muffin: Pony figure today. Luckily, it appears that I got a nice one. Her only issue is there's quite a bit of glue around the neck seam on the display side. I'm planning on displaying her on the other side because her hair looks better anyway, so it's not such a big deal. I really wish they hadn't screwed up on her cutie mark, though. Besides the bubbles being stretched out, there's no shine in them and there's only 5, when there's supposed to be 7. You'd think that since this is being aimed at collectors and not kids, that they'd make sure to get the details right. I also don't like how the vinyl isn't smooth. There are marks and just general unevenness in the whole figure. Is this normal for vinyls?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:24:05 PM by ShortyBoo »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2012, 02:26:35 PM »

I use it because it's her name. Rainbow Dash called her :muffin: Pony on "The Last Roundup" and it doesn't get anymore official than that. She didn't call her that as an insult, she said it because that's her name. I think of all the other names as just nicknames for her.

But Hasbro removed the name. This toys again shows they are no longer eager on using it as her official name.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
My understanding is that the auto-substitution was made when there was a lot of drama and posts about it so it was instituted to cut down on the drama.  At least, that is the only explanation I have received and I have asked several times.

Also- back in the day I think that there may have been objections to the "use" of this name because some thought it incorrect/unofficial/etc-   and there have been some clarifications since that time (IE from Lauren)

At any rate- it is the name that appears on the receipt-  it would be confusing (and a bit stupid I think) to use "Ditzy Do" as the name when the discussion itself relates to the fact that HotTopic seems to be using both Derp and Bubbles- which is neither - lol

ANyway- why raise a fuss now?  Seems better to keep this thread about what it is about- the ponies :D

On that note- I am loving my figures! I love the RD repaint above so I might copy... but really, it's not too bad-

I love that they got the symbol right!!! (speaking of annoying words- cutie mark- shudder)

My :muffin: Pony/Bubbles is actually perfect- she had some scuff marks but they came off right away-

I can't WAIT to see DJ Pon (or whatever name that one is I can't keep track) -

I am thinking that since HotTopic caters to a non-mainstream crowd- we may be more likely to see Octavia and other odd characters which is cool-  I know I said I was tired of the mane 6- but I actually would love to see all of them too :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:35:20 PM by Galactica »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2012, 02:41:08 PM »
I took a quick pic of mine before putting her back in the box.

Yep, I definitely like this side better.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »
I like that side better too- I do wish that they had put the bubbles on both side- dangit!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »
They're pretty nice. I'm not sure if I'll go out of my way to get them, but if I actually saw them in stores I might cave! XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal