collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures  (Read 31676 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Molded Hair G4's - Funko Pop Figures
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 04:53:57 PM »
I heard about these several months ago around the time the license was granted by Hasbro to Funko for the product.

For me? I find it weird that Hasbro are licensing out the production of what is essentially a "toy" - all be it a moulded vinyl product. At this point I am missing the days when we got new brushable My Little Pony toys - between these and blind bags. But I guess this item has a completely different target market than the actual MLP line so perhaps its an attempt to cater to as many fans as possible which is a good thing.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 05:00:11 PM »
I wish they wouldn't use that brony name for the yellow haired pegasus. Would it kill them to respect people who are offended by it? Can't people respect others anymore?

And are they still putting the cutie mark on one side only? Even for a fancy molded pony. LLLLLLLLLLLAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayzy!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2012, 05:02:36 PM »
I wish they wouldn't use that brony name for the yellow haired pegasus. Would it kill them to respect people who are offended by it? Can't people respect others anymore?

Yeah. I like her design a lot, but that name is like covering her in toxic barbs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 05:03:47 PM »
I prefer brushable ponies.  But I guess people who don't will like these a lot.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2012, 05:07:57 PM »
I'm still hoping for when they announce 'and by the way, we're retiring the constant mane 6 reissues to do alll the blind bags as brushables! With actual nylon hair for the boys!'
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »
Does anyone know exactly what size these are? Are they comparable to the regular Hasbro releases with brushable hair. I really hope they are so they can "play" with the released accessories and playsets. :)
someone posted a picture of one next to a fashion style ditzy doo and it was smaller but not by much.
~Foxtale~

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »
I want one!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2012, 06:57:13 PM »
Love these! :) I feel like Funko has definitely been delivering with their acquired franchises as of late, and this is just the icing on the cake as far as getting my attention. I can't wait to see more MLP characters from them.

There's a chain of comic stores around here that typically has an entire section dedicated to Funko products, I'll have to hit a few of them up once they're officially out.

Mandy~ have you seen the GoT Funko PoPs pics yet? Series 1 is coming soon and series 2 has already been announced! Deanerys PoP comes with a baby dragon!!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »
I heard about these several months ago around the time the license was granted by Hasbro to Funko for the product.

For me? I find it weird that Hasbro are licensing out the production of what is essentially a "toy" - all be it a moulded vinyl product. At this point I am missing the days when we got new brushable My Little Pony toys - between these and blind bags. But I guess this item has a completely different target market than the actual MLP line so perhaps its an attempt to cater to as many fans as possible which is a good thing.

Probably the same reason they are having Integrity do the new Jem dolls. They want a company adult collectors are familiar with making them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 01:52:03 AM »

Probably the same reason they are having Integrity do the new Jem dolls. They want a company adult collectors are familiar with making them.

I understand the why of it...its just that for me after years of collecting MLP its odd to see Hasbro license out to someone essentially the right to create a toy. Except for the collectors G3 ponies, MLP has pretty much stayed to its heart and produced children's toys which we as adults happen to like and collect; this is just a different step which I may understand but for me they are not really MLP any more more like merchandise.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 01:59:49 AM »
I hope they make all 6 like this.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 02:13:57 AM »
I don't see these as toys, but collectible art. I have some Tokidoki Unicornos and they are meant for display only.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »
Love these! :) I feel like Funko has definitely been delivering with their acquired franchises as of late, and this is just the icing on the cake as far as getting my attention. I can't wait to see more MLP characters from them.

There's a chain of comic stores around here that typically has an entire section dedicated to Funko products, I'll have to hit a few of them up once they're officially out.

Mandy~ have you seen the GoT Funko PoPs pics yet? Series 1 is coming soon and series 2 has already been announced! Deanerys PoP comes with a baby dragon!!

I have! :) I nearly fell out of my chair when I first saw photos of them. I initially thought they were a bit creepy but I've warmed up to thinking they're cute the more I looked at them and poked around image galleries of their other figures in the same style. Dany is totally going on my desk and I can't wait to see who's in series 2.*

*Edit: Just found the preview list, thanks for the heads up!

I hope they make all 6 like this.

Me too. :) As it stands, I'm really not a huge fan of the ponies that were announced so far, although I do love Funko's take on them.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:15:10 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 09:23:17 AM »

Yes I think it's weird that Hasbro is licensing its own brand and product line with this.  :(  I'm not a fan of these at all...  MLP are supposed to be brushable!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »
Are they taking pre orders on these yet??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal