collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Appreciation  (Read 3439 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: G3 Appreciation
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 01:13:54 PM »
Variety! I adore how many there are to choose from. I also love love love how pretty they are. Dont tell G1 but I do think they are the prettiest generation.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »
I like the G3s too. Although there are too many of them and most of them are pink. And don't get me started about their silly names. :lol:
If you pick and choose and only go for the ones you really like, there are some gems, some really beautiful ones.
My favourite would probably be Dream Blue, the long hair version.
-

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 02:19:23 PM »
G3 is special to me, even though I only have one and her name is Desert Blossom <3

Only the best generation could bring me a pony with glitter, GREEN HAIR, and a CACTUS as her symbol. So in love.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 07:44:36 PM »
I love G3! This is the generation I currently collect and the one the revived my interest in MLP. There are swo many wonderful ponies that were brought to us in this generation. Some of my favorites: Desert Blossom, Sno-Glo, Snowflake, Autumn Skye, Pumpkin Tart, Denim Blue, April Daisy, Chilly Breezes, Apple Spice, Lavender Cloud, Magic Marigold, Twinkle Twirl, Shenanigans II, Wysteria & Wind Wisher

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 07:50:22 PM »
I don't collect G3s (although I'm tempted to get a few) but I do love the variety and the different color combinations used.  There's a ton of pink and white, which I don't like so much but the other colors make up for it!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 07:59:29 AM »
G3 didn't have nearly enough babies or unicorns, and no boys at all! But I still love G3- the colors & variety are just wonderful. I could do with a few less versions of Pinkie Pie though, lol! After G1, G3 are my favorite. I hope the next gen after G4 is more G3- like in size, shape, and variety.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 08:04:33 AM »
In my opinion, G3 had some of the best toys, the neatest toy gimmicks, and the most unused story potential of any of the Gens. While the toy line was handled perfectly, it deserved a full television show that fully explored the mythology we only caught a glimpse of.   :cry:

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 04:45:47 PM »
I adore g3 and it's probably the fastest growing part of my collection.

What makes it great?:

-- Most g3 ponies are relatively inexpensive, which is good for a new collector.
-- Many g3 ponies can be found in relatively good condition at flea markets and thrift stores.
-- There are a wide variety of ponies to choose from.
-- The body style and hair quality are both very nice.
-- I love how some of the ponies have a semi-shiny / sparkly sheen to their bodies.
-- The pink mark / magnet on their hooves makes them super easy for family to spot at flea markets.
-- There are some ponies with neat embellishments like glitter, 3D symbols or sparkly wings.
-- They are the birthplace of two of my favorite ponies: Rarity and Fluttershy. Sure their g3 designs are different, but that's part of what's so intriguing.
-- Two words: Holiday Ponies.
-- Since the majority aren't extremely rare and their value isn't too high, they're fairly trade-able.

A few minor flaws:

-- Not enough unicorns.
-- Too much Pinkie Pie.
-- More babies, please! (G3 babies look adorable, though!)
-- Where are the brothers and daddies? (No Boys)
-- No cartoon to utilize g3's intriguing mythology / world.
-- I could have been collecting these as they released but I didn't realize I love MLP. (D'oh!) :lol:

I think that covers it. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 04:55:08 PM »
G4 was my first real exposure to MLP, so I didn't much care for G3 when I first saw the cartoons, especially compared to G1.  I still find that the cartoons can be a little dull, but it's too cutesy and inoffensive for me to dislike. And the toys didn't appeal to me either.  But, then I found a few I wanted, and I finally got a few from a seller here since they were at a great price.  Actually having one, I saw how they beat out G4 toys in a lot of ways, and I especially got a kick out of the hoof magnets.  I think I have about 25 of them now.

There's so many characters and really cute designs, and it really makes you wish they'd do the same thing for G4.  And the best thing about G3 was that if you saw a character or something that made you think that it would make a cool toy, then they probably made a toy of it.  With G4, you'll have to wait a year or two to see something similar or you'll have to go with something fan-made.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 06:12:44 PM »
There's so many characters and really cute designs, and it really makes you wish they'd do the same thing for G4.  And the best thing about G3 was that if you saw a character or something that made you think that it would make a cool toy, then they probably made a toy of it.  With G4, you'll have to wait a year or two to see something similar or you'll have to go with something fan-made.

I wish that too.

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2015, 07:02:30 PM »
I adore G3. It's the generation that got me into MLP. It gives me a good nostalgia vibe....

There are a lot of things to love about G3, but what can I list? I love too much about it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal