collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Appreciation  (Read 3440 times)

Offline thecakeissisley

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G3 Appreciation
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 01:13:07 PM »
I adore G3! Not only they were my childhood ponies, but I absolutely love the variety in colors, poses and characters as well! I'm really fond of the sculpts and proportions, and how, just like G1, they are the most horse-like out of all MLP generations (I was horrified when I first saw G3.5 and G4 sculpts because I was like "are they even supposed to be horses?" lol  :biggrin: )

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 02:42:26 PM »
G3s are dangerously addictive; there are so many striking colour schemes & intricate symbols.
Hasbro really pushed the boat out with their themes & designs.
Particular beauties that spring to mind are Wishawhirl, Autumn Skye, Butterscotch, Cherry Blossom & Denim Blue.
Another thing I've always adored about G3s is the background art. Ponyville looks like such a vibrant, inviting place to live. The backcard character profiles are really cute too. :)
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline pineapplecupcake

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • "She'll become a crazy cat lady!...Give her time"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
I actually used to not be a fan of G3. I grew up with G1 and 2 and liked both of them better, and at the time I also felt like the names of G3 ponies were kind of weird. But actually after learning more about G3 in the last little while, I have totally changed my mind on them. Since I was not collecting them at the time, I had no idea how cute some of them were! So I am a convert, lol. I really like the variety of colors and symbols. I mean, one called "Keen Bean" with sprouts on it's butt? Hilarious! I AM SOLD. I'm even buying some on ebay now  ^^;
:heart: Thank you to LyraHeartsrtings, Bekuno (adopts) & sunnyrain (avi) :heart:Pineapple Cupcake reference sheet!:heart:

Offline Valerie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 02:50:07 PM »
Another thing I've always adored about G3s is the background art. Ponyville looks like such a vibrant, inviting place to live. The backcard character profiles are really cute too. :)

I super agree with this!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love the G3 art, I printed the Ponyville backgrounds to use them as posters in my bedroom  ^.^

I have two boxes of the new ponies and the backgrounds are a little sad for me, the colors aren´t very pretty... for that reason I don´t use them to take pics...  :huh:

The G3 Ponyville is an ideal place for me :heart:

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »
I love the colors, whoever picked the colors for G3 ponies deserves a pat on the back!  I also love their sculpts, it's a nice combination of round and angular that I think just looks really nice

And the ears! So cuuuuuuuuute~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 03:59:51 PM »
When G3 first came out, it was such an exciting time for me! I was in high school, and, having had jobs and my own money, etc. I was starting to get really serious about my pony collecting. I hadn't been a fan of G2 (I was one of those who scorned them when they were on the shelves, then started to like them better after I had missed my initial chance), so when I saw the G3s and saw how pretty and similar to G1 they were (as in, looking more like horses and less like... whatever G2s look like), I knew I had to collect them! Wysteria and Piccolo (I think that's her name?) were my first G3s -- Wysteria was a birthday gift from the friend who was with me in the store when I saw my first G3 in person. :D

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »
G3 is my fave generation! :lovey:

I agree with all you have said!  :cheer:

I have tons of pictures of them, but I don´t think it is good to make a photo bomb here lol, but if you want to see them you can visit my tumblr and instagram (links in signature)  ^.^

QueenStarglow: I love your pics! :heart:

Valerie, I love YOU and your pics! :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Valerie

• Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 08:31:26 PM »
Valerie, I love YOU and your pics! :lovey:

Awww Thank You!!  :lovey: :flow:

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 09:54:45 PM »
G3 is waaaaaay better than any other gen XD they actually have that equine look to them :P
There's variety (I remember when my dad used to take me to TRU and making a decision on who to get would be difficult as heck!!! Dx)

There's fun names, the hecka lot of poses, and the backcrards are just as gorgeous XD

Not to mention they were flawless for the most part. Silky hair (most of em), no head body mismatches, not filthy in their packages like how G4 is >_<

And MAGNETS!!!! XD There is seriously no other gen that has magnets under their hooves :P

And their backcards were really cute. The ponies would be posing in some and others were just frolicking in their pics :P

G3 is the BEST generation.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 06:50:15 AM »
Love The G3 Castle Playsets :)
I went for The SLH G3 , they are super cool (Missing one ) also the Babies :) have most of them :) , The Pegasus and Unicorns and all the Art ponies in their awesome boxes :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 07:14:20 AM »
I love gen 3 for the variety of colors and poses, the play sets are cute too. I find these gals all the time at the flea markets.

PuddingPie

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 07:41:34 AM »
i think G3's are also the best Ponies for beginners. they're cheaper than the currently released G4 Ponies- when you're a kid, an $8 plastic horse seems really ridiculous. most non-rare G3 ponies are in the range of $1-4, which is a lot better.

... in fact, since i'm not old enough to get a job (just one more year!), G4 ponies are a rare treat for me. i usually have to wait until Christmas or until my birthday rolls around before getting some, because any of them that aren't kiosk Ponies (the ones wrapped in plastic with no special container) can cost stacks on stacks  >_<
i'm not a huge fan of the G4 toys anyway- despite my love for anime and manga i think their huge eyes and skinny bodies are sort of awkward. G3 Ponies just feel right-- when i hold them, their chunky bodies fit so right in my hands, and their calming eyes are so cute! i love G3 Ponies, probably my favorite gen

also, imo G3 had the BEST McDonald's toys.  :biggrin:

Offline Portobella

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Is it about my cube?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 08:03:14 AM »
G3 ponies are my favourite to collect. So many colours, beautiful poses, amazing hair quality, and just the right size & shape. And the special edition boxed art ponies such as Peacock & the Underwater pony are just so stunning :heart:  G3 is also wonderful as they aren't too expensive or hard to find. Being a loyal G4 collector, I never initially planned on buying G3s, but one day dozens of NIB G3s went up on my local eBay for a very cheap price and I couldn't resist. I've been sold ever since... but I'd say it was the hair quality that really won me over!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 09:59:42 AM »
Maybe Hasbro could cut costs and make G5.... using G3 molds!!   (if they exist still)

Offline thecakeissisley

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 12:46:28 PM »
Maybe Hasbro could cut costs and make G5.... using G3 molds!!   (if they exist still)

I just had this thought the other day about how cool it would be for g5 to be more similar to G1 and G3 since G3 was sort of like a throwback to G1 after the strange g2 sculpts  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal