collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Well I did it. I released them from their boxes.  (Read 1290 times)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
Re: Well I did it. I released them from their boxes.
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 05:53:48 AM »
I can't bring myself to debox my ponies. I did open one G4, but that's because I had a double of her. It was a nice feeling, but I just couldn't do it for the rest. I like the idea of hanging the boxes on the wall. I think I may choose to do that. Though, I will admit, I do love looking at pictures of people's deboxed collections.

I wouldn't think about opening any generation before G4's. They are out of production, so I just wouldn't do it. Not for the value, but because no more MIB will be made.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 06:51:08 AM »
I always open my ponies.  My mom used to give me guilt for opening things like figurines and such saying I would lower the value.  I was like seriously!  I don't plan on reselling the item unless there is a need to sell them and I never found displaying something still in it's package to be appealing.  The only reason I feel bad is because aside from a few ponies all of my toys are in large totes, because I don't have the room to display them the way I want to.  I told myself if I won the lottery I would have a special place where I can display and play with my toys.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 07:46:10 AM »
Awesome! You released the ponies!

How liberating!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »
Are the FS G4s worth alot then? :/
I have a Rarity arriving soon that i want to customise but if she's worth alot......

FS Applejack is the most valuable since she is rare (seen her on eBay for $100 multiple times) followed by Rarity, but you should hear another opinion from someone more experienced ;) I don't think others are worth that much.

I agree with sweetberry most of them have been released often or recently enough that they are retail value. AJ being the big exception.

I didn't think Rarity would be worth much as she is still available in the grocery store near here.

I don't think many of the newer ponies are going to be worth more in or out of their boxes.  But if people like the way the box looks, that's an entirely different line of thought.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:42:21 AM by brightberry »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 12:41:41 PM »
Congrats! Good for you! I always enjoy opening toys up - I'm never really understood the MIB/MOC thing. Especially not for newer toys.

And I have to admit - everything MOC/MIB coming into my house is in danger for being opened up. Regardless the value, really - but then again I would never buy something MIB/MOC because I can get it so much cheaper opened up already :)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Clarabel Sapphire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »
Good for you!  :biggrin:

I started collecting G4 in March this year and all have been taken out their boxes.  I wouldn't have room to display them otherwise, plus I like brushing and styling their hair too much.  :lol:

Don't know if I could trust myself to buy a MOC/MIB G1 and leave it in the packaging, think I would rather have a mint condition loose version and leave the boxed ones for those who prefer them.  :ohyeah:

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »
At the time it was cheaper for me to buy the anniversary set (inc delivery) MIB than the individual ponies (inc delivery) so I went for it and now they sit happily on top of the box they came in. No leaflets or anything came with it just the artwork on the back.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Clarabel Sapphire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2013, 01:42:14 PM »
At the time it was cheaper for me to buy the anniversary set (inc delivery) MIB than the individual ponies (inc delivery) so I went for it and now they sit happily on top of the box they came in. No leaflets or anything came with it just the artwork on the back.

Cool  :cool:  That's a great way to display them, best of both worlds.  I've kept all my G4 packaging in case I feel like putting them back, particularly the Bath and Slumber Party sets.   :)

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2013, 01:54:30 PM »
Yeh, I like the artwork and I've got it so the back of the box is facing the display side so you see ponies and artwork. They had combs as well. But nothing fiddly, I would be less inclined to open something with lots of fiddly bits, I have Monster High pets and bags everywhere lol I have a little box full so I don't want pony bits everywhere too  :biggrin:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2013, 02:04:03 PM »
I have two collections, essentially: one set I will always keep MIB, and then another set of my doubles that I let run free! This is just my G4, though. I guess you could I prefer the look and presentation of MIB, so I do that first, but then I just to be able to play with some of them, so I end up buying more. It get very expensive, though....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal