collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So... who were your first 'new' ponies?  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So... who were your first 'new' ponies?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »
Cool stories, everyone! So interesting and fun to hear how some of the ponies came about, especially the ones that caught people off guard!  :biggrin:

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 08:45:29 PM »
My first was a Pinkie Pie that a friend's sister got me as a gag gift-- that's what set off my collection as an adult. Shortly after, Pinkie was joined by a G3 Cotton Candy, another Pinkie Pie, and Sunny Daze that my mom got secondhand.

Then I decided I needed some of the old ponies and went on Ebay to buy the one pony who kicked me hard with nostalgia when I first saw her-- Glory.

It all spiraled out of control from there 8(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 09:52:49 PM »
I got a job stocking shelves at K-Mart in 2004 I think it was. Everyone hated to stock toys because you had to manually price everything. I gladly did it though! :D I would stare at the G3s and it wasn't long before I bought my first one (Fluttershy) and that started me collecting :) My first G1s I bought shortly after I started officially collecting were Baby Glory, Baby Quackers, and the Christmas Baby :)
My Wish List

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »
Hmmmm... Well, I got Sky Skimmer and the birthday magic set with Sundance and Light Heart when I was 13 as my new after-gen-one ponies, but I still played with those so I guess they don't count xD

As for internet, my first were baby North Star and so soft Paradise. Oh my goodness I was sooooo excited!!! I bought them from someone in the us and I remember calling my dad with joy that they had arrived xD I still have both, too. They're special, lol.

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 11:50:49 PM »
I found 3 G1 baby ponies at a Car Boot Sale, (Baby Bow Tie, Baby Apple Delight, and Baby Tiddleywinks), bought them so I could sell them on Ebay, brushed their manes and tales, and they looked up at me and smiled. So I dug out my childhood ponies and sticker album and stuff, and had childhood flashbacks. A short while later, I found Applejack, the one I wanted in childhood, on a market stall, and a collector I became.

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 02:19:33 AM »
The first ponies I bought when I started collect last year was Peachy, Pony Bride, Sundance and Baby Tiddly Winks.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 04:54:33 AM »
I've always been picking them up without out thinking much about it.  I liked them a lot and didn't even know how much in love with them I was until I was given the chance to buy my best friend's childhood dolls/ponies.  I didn't even remember that she had that many ponies so the fact that there was some great ones in there was a surprise.  A few of them that I remember being in there was Minty (she's got pony pimples- so sad), Gusty, christmas baby stockings, and baby princess sparkles!  I also found one of the buggies lace trims that was used to hold her favorite barbie doll's hair braid in place! lol  I'm hoping one day the princess buggy will show up in their storage one day but it's a possibility that her sister might have donated it with some of her toys.  That baby Princess Sparkle really made me realize that I really do love My Little Ponies and I needed more (and more! and more! AND MORE! lol).

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

BeverlysLittlePony2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 06:47:36 AM »
The first ponies I ever had were the Wonder Waves Surf Shop ponies. This included Strawberry Reef, Waterfire, Guava Lava, and Bow Tie. The first G1 pony I bought was found on the floor in a flea market. She is one of my very favorites, she is the 10th anniversary Birthday Pony. She is very special to me!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 09:58:07 AM »
Uhm... all of them! I adored the show to pieces, but I never had childhood ponies. Baby Cherries Jubilee and the first set of rainbow ponies were the first ones I ever got, when I was 14 and had my own money.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal