collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Story direction on cutie marks? What are your ideas?  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Story direction on cutie marks? What are your ideas?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07:49 PM »
I would DIE if they brought back the smooze. It would be the BEST thing ever!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 07:06:11 AM »
Very interesting. I had not thought of the fact that cartoons rarely continue stories from one episode to the other.  That makes a lot of sense.  I don't think that means they will not explore them getting their cutie marks though.  I guess we will find out.  I don't think kids look at shows like fans do anyway.  They probably wouldn't care if they did or did not  know something that happened in episode 4 of season 2.  They just take things at face value for whatever it is.  If they like it they will sit through it, if its only "ok" they will do somthing else when its on.  Sometimes I forget that these shows are just cartoons....just that....
One thing I have always disliked about the Simpsons is that the kids just stay the same all of the time...episode after episode after episode.  Yet this cartoon has been very sucessful and it really never progressed its characters.  Its so true that this doesn't happen in cartoons often.  I guess my brain just likes things to be resolved...as in life kids grow up and make decisions on what they want to be, but in the cartoon world they stay little and never grow. Ha
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 01:18:12 PM »
Yes, I think the points are right that its going to be stretched and stretched and stretched - for the target audience character development wont work as episodes have to stand alone and be easily mixed up in repeat schedules.

But I do love some of the suggestions for symbols and I hope maybe a tv special at the end of the seasons could be about them getting their symbols.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 01:30:47 PM »
I think perhaps their talents would be their cutie marks.. which seems to be the logical path.

Scootaloo would have a scooter. I know it's obvious, but c'mon.. :drunk:

Sweetie Belle would get a microphone and Applebloom would get a paintbrush (and paint can?).

But they won't reveal them, most probably.. it'd kind of spoil the concept of CMC.
Fight like a girl..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal