collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Under Rated Ponies Do You Love?  (Read 2666 times)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
What Under Rated Ponies Do You Love?
« on: June 05, 2012, 06:35:01 PM »
As the title says, there are a lot of under rated ponies out there, and sometimes, they don't get the kind of attention they deserve :( Pick a couple ponies out of your collection, and explain why you love them so much despite what many think about them <3

Pictures are welcome :)

Tootsie! I used to actually dislike her quite a bit, but after I held this one in my hands I admittedly fell in love. I adore her blue and green color scheme, and it baffles me why more people out there don't find her adorable!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also, I see a lot of people disliking ballerina ponies, and they're one of my favorite sets, in particular those adorable babies!!

What about you guys!! What underrated pony do you love that others seem to dislike?

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Under Rated Ponies Do You Love?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »
I love the ballerina babies! But I don't consider them underrated at all, I don't think I've ever heard anyone dislike the babies :S The grown-ups seem a little less popular.

And I'm LOVING my BBE Lofty. Though no pics can really do them justice in my opinion :/ I used to dislike them until I accually got one ^__^

maybe the G2's? but they hae been on the rise recently too :)

One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »
Ooooh those babies are adorable ;o; And yeah, the adults don't seem to be well liked, and it kinda makes me sad. They're long legged, limber, posable, like a ballerina should be! They're not even as skinny as the sweetheart sisters, they're just fit XD I love mine, they made me want to get the whole set <3

I actually love the BBE babies and I still don't get why people find them creepy. Maybe because I grew up with them and took my BBE Lickety Split everywhere? i don't know, I just think they're adorable <3

Lavender_Lace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »
I'd have to agree with G2s.  I used to think they looked like demented evil clown ponies until I got Princess Silver Swirl in a lot.  The unicorns are really pretty.  I used to have all of them MOC, but now I just have Copper Glow.  The others grew on me and I really like the babies! 

I think the thing with Tootsie is her pose. Same with Cherries Jubilee.  I love her, especially her SS version but I think the pose is what most people don't like. 

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 07:03:45 PM »
I have recently discovered I like BBE babies when they aren't rusted, and I like Banana Surprise, though i would rehair her as seen in the alternate rehairs thread...SO gorgeous...  Also, I have found that I like the g2s more and more...got my first one and she is lovely.  =]

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
I think the thing with Tootsie is her pose. Same with Cherries Jubilee.  I love her, especially her SS version but I think the pose is what most people don't like. 

I quite agree with that, it was certainly why I never desired her. It's like the G3 'donkey' pose, it's just unflattering. Still, I really fell head over heals when I held her for the first time. Maybe you never know if you truly like a pony until you feel the plastic in your hands and can interact with it.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 07:09:51 PM »
I like the donkey pose though too...working on an army of them.  >.>   <.<

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
I fourth the ballerina ponies! I love them! I hope one day to get one of the adult ones, I only have one of the babies at the moment. I love the fact that their legs can bend; they look so precious stretched out on their stomachs.

Also fourthing G2s (They are soooo cute! There's just something about their faces) and BBEs~ I'm a sucker for doll eyes.

Then I'd have to add Snuzzle and Pony Bride (Gosh I go on a lot about Pony Bride XD ). I never used to care much for Snuzzle, but then I actually got her and now she's one of my absolute favourites! Pony Bride has just always been a favourite. Ever since I was a kid I had a thing for white ponies, and I can't get over her delicate, slender mold.

And I actually love Tootsie's pose. Though, I prefer Cherries Jubileee to Tootsie because peach is one of my all-time favourite colours, and she is just the perfect shade of peach. But, I really love Tootsie, to.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:11:58 PM by Nonnavlis »

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »

That made me happy, just so you know ^o^ I'll keep you in mind if I get extras in that pose :)

I fourth the ballerina ponies! I love them! I hope one day to get one of the adult ones, I only have one of the babies at the moment. I love the fact that their legs can bend; they look so precious stretched out on their stomachs.

Also fourthing G2s (They are soooo cute! There's just something about their faces) and BBEs~ I'm a sucker for doll eyes.

Then I'd have to add Snuzzle and Pony Bride (Gosh I go on a lot about Pony Bride XD ). I never used to care much for Snuzzle, but then I actually got her and now she's one of my absolute favourites! Pony Bride has just always been a favourite. Ever since I was a kid I had a thing for white ponies, and I can't get over her delicate, slender mold.

And I actually love Tootsie's pose. Though, I prefer Cherries Jubileee to Tootsie because peach is one of my all-time favourite colours, and she is just the perfect shade of peach. But, I really love Tootsie, to.

Because of you, I just took one of my adult ballerinas and played with her pose, and you're completely right!! With them on thier stomachs with the babies climbing up playfully onto their backs... ;o; precious

And yay for Tootsie love!!!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »

That made me happy, just so you know ^o^ I'll keep you in mind if I get extras in that pose :)

Hehe thank you!  I really do think it's cute.  I don't know why though... xD  =]

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »

Hehe thank you!  I really do think it's cute.  I don't know why though... xD  =]

I always thought it looked like they were belching XD I never disliked the pose, but they're all burping to me lol!

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »
Because of you, I just took one of my adult ballerinas and played with her pose, and you're completely right!! With them on thier stomachs with the babies climbing up playfully onto their backs... ;o; precious
Aww, I bet that is so cute! Now I'm going to need an adult to try that XD .
I don't suppose you'd be willing to take a picture?

I always thought it looked like they were belching XD I never disliked the pose, but they're all burping to me lol!

Cannot... unsee... XD
Joking aside, I think that seriously just made my day, haha.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 07:25:20 PM »
I like Sunbeam. I don't know why her pose is unpopular - I always thought she looked dignified and regal.
I finally acquired a couple Beddy Bye Eye babies and thought they really aren't that bad, at least when they lack eye-rust.
Desert Blossom is one I like too. She's purple, has green hair, and a cactus symbol! Three of my favorite things. :heart:
Seascape. Orange pony, sunshine symbol. :sunny:
Butterscotch. Both G1 and G3. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 07:25:58 PM »
Snuzzle! Seriously, she is so cute and I love her color combo. I myself wear a lot of pink and grey ;)

I'd love a baby Snuzzle custom...
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »
Aww, I bet that is so cute! Now I'm going to need an adult to try that XD .
I don't suppose you'd be willing to take a picture?

Cannot... unsee... XD
Joking aside, I think that seriously just made my day, haha.

As you wish :)

Snuzzle is adorable <3 Even the name makes me wanna snuggle her!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal