collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone Else Finding Themselves Buying Alot More G4's Than Other Generations?  (Read 5104 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I really find that I am just not attracted to or buying the G4's at all.  I am so glad others are finding them so much fun. I love G1 and G3.  So, for me..not so much.  I don't expect though that everyone will get the same feelings out of each generation.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

• Trade Count: (0)
Yes, actually, they got me into collecting! They're really small, so they're easier to display in my closet of a bedroom. I wish I could get more past gen ponies, but yard sales don't happen enough (nor do they have any any ponies for me to buy...) and I don't have a car to drive to thrift stores. I also don't have a credit card so I can't buy any online. It makes collecting difficult, but all the more fun! Besides, I'm still a newbie when it comes to hoarding plastic horses, so I think my collection is fine the way it is.

FOR NOW.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I'm buying slightly less G4 than G3, but I don't think I can really compare it since when G3's came out, I was buying for myself, but I'm buying the G4's mainly for my daughters.  (Although I do buy the fashion style G4's for myself since I really like them).

So I guess it's about the same.

But G1s make up the majority of my collection.  (And I have over 800 ponies).

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'm still mainly buying g1s and they remain the majority of my collection, followed by g3s.

I do buy g4s.  I have a bunch, I like the design well enough and I'm excited for the new characters.  But Hasbro is being so slow to release new things and there is so little variation lately.  So far, the g1s still win.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
My G4 buying has mainly been blind bags since 1) they're tiny and adorable 2) they're at least somewhat more show accurate. G3s were my first ponies, and for the most part they're what I want to keep buying. (Not that I won't be all over a Zecora when she's released. )

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
Meh, not really. I already have at least one of each of the Mane 6 in store bought ones, Stylin' Apple Jack, Stylin' Luna, Stylin' Celestia, and MIB Stylin' Rarity, all of the blind bag wave 1 releases, and most of both G4 McDiggity releases, plus Spike. I'm not up for purchasing multiples of the same pony over and over again, and there aren't too many of the other ponies out in stores right now that really catch my eye.

I WILL purchase Stylin' :muffin: Pony somehow, Vinyl Scratch, and the glow in the dark Zecora ( when she's released ), but that may be it for a while on G4's. G1 and G3 will ALWAYS come first when it comes to my collection. I do have two G2's and a small handful of G3.5's, but the G1's and G3's mean more to me.

But in the end, as others have said, they're all ponies, no matter the generation, and they all deserve our love! ^______^

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Honestly Nope. i only get the ones i really super like.  and the fluttershys as well as blindbag ponies ;)    i am not spending much on ponies these days as i have a real life one to pay for LOL (well a horse but ya know)   

G1 is my primary and my secondary is G3   but as others have said it is easier to buy g4s due to them being in the store.    but i find them not as exciting as g3...  all i see are "the main 6"  blah blah     and the occassional different pony with a simple pink design pattern.      and the styling ponies are just stupid expensive for my tastes..
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal