collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What can you tell me about this cup?  (Read 1380 times)

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
What can you tell me about this cup?
« on: June 03, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »
I got this from a brony friend. He told me that his little sister bought it as a joke, and he gave it to me at a party after he drank a bunch of whiskey out of it.

Right now, it's clean and being used as a pony comb/brush cup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The bottom says it's made by Packer Plastics in Reno, NV. The Copyright is 1986 and the baby sea pony is named as Sun Shower.

So, is there a story behind this cup? Were there others like this? Was it in a set of utensils?

And what would you think the value of it would be? I'm not going to sell it, but this is the one part of my collection that I really have no idea about.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: What can you tell me about this cup?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
OMG that is an awesome cup!  I bet someone knows more but YAYYY for whiskey-faring sea ponies!  ARRRRRGH they must have been pirate ponies, matey!  ;D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »
I have seen a lot of plastic cups and other utensils as well as this one any others similar...but alas I dont know much about them other than I think they came in a set of 4 cups in total.

Hopefully someone else can help out.

I like the use of it as a comb storing device!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
OMG that is an awesome cup!  I bet someone knows more but YAYYY for whiskey-faring sea ponies!  ARRRRRGH they must have been pirate ponies, matey!  ;D

This made me happy XD

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »
I have the four cups....  Well, technically, my parents still have them at their house.  I remember getting them when I was little after I had to have surgery.  I'll have to ask her the background to them.  I think she ordered them from somewhere...?  I am trying to remember who all was on there. I think Sweet stuff was on one - a flutter pony on another... Shoot, my memory isn't serving me very well here!

Edit to add:  Just talked to my mom - she can't remember where she got them, but she said she was going to dig them up for me.  She knows exactly where they are, ha!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:58:19 AM by STLGusty »

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »
Here's a MIB ebay photo of the cup set...

I wish I knew more about where they came from! It looks like a shipping box. If only I had remembered to bid!

Phekzhen

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »
Here's a MIB ebay photo of the cup set...
I wish I knew more about where they came from! It looks like a shipping box. If only I had remembered to bid!

Cool! The colors on mine aren't that bright, since it's been used for more than just whiskey at one party.

Thanks for the picture :3

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
...so my mom called me back and said it's been bothering her about where we got those cups.  She thinks we might have cut up proofs of purchases from cereal boxes and sent in for them. 

The four ponies on the cups are Shady, Sweet Stuff, Peach Blossom, and Sun Shower...

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 11:00:05 PM »
I also had 1 of these cups as a kid. Over the years I have found all 4, I have never been able to figure out where they came from. All I know is that there are only 4 different ones. My Grandmother said she got them around the time she got me a Care Bear cup, with a yellow hat. I also remeber seeing that cup around the house too. Eventually one of my dogs chewed most of my cups. I dont even know if I still have them or not.

Edit- I just noticed your from Ny too. I thought that was a funny coinsidnce!!!

Phekzhen

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 11:32:04 PM »
...so my mom called me back and said it's been bothering her about where we got those cups.  She thinks we might have cut up proofs of purchases from cereal boxes and sent in for them. 

The four ponies on the cups are Shady, Sweet Stuff, Peach Blossom, and Sun Shower...

That would make sense. They don't seem sturdy enough to be just bought at a store.

Edit- I just noticed your from Ny too. I thought that was a funny coinsidnce!!!

I'm actually from New Hampshire, but I'm going to college in New York state, and I'm here the vast majority of the year, so it's more truthful if I state that as my location.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal