collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disappointing! No evidence of childhood ponies.  (Read 1174 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Disappointing! No evidence of childhood ponies.
« on: June 02, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »
So I took today as a day to look through all my mom's old photos before I move away. I was really hoping to find some pictures of me getting ponies! My mom's a big Christmas pictures person.

But all I found is a picture of my sister with a ballerina baby pony, when I was a baby, and 4 years later a picture of me opening some Grand Champion horses  :drunk:

Let's discuss the sadness of those of us who don't remember or have evidence of their childhood ponies  :cry:  I know I had them, darnit!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointing! No evidence of childhood ponies.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 01:28:45 PM »
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.  :hug:  Maybe you'll find the proof later?

I know I spent years trying to convince my mother that my sister and I had ponies but I didn't have any proof besides Glory's sticker.  My parents weren't the type to take pics of us opening toys or anything like that, especially by the time I came around. Finally, this year I found my childhood Raincurl and proudly showed her to my mom - who confessed that she *still* didn't remember me having her.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
I know how you feel, I had a handful of ponies at my grandma's house and for the life of me I can't find them  :(  I even know which ponies they were and everything but she doesn't remember them at all. I know I'm not crazy though!  :lol: 
Maybe you'll come across some other pictures  :)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »
I have gone through so many photos looking for pics of me with my childhood ponies, all to no avail :( Still got a few boxes to go through and I do have lots of aunts and uncles that I'm going to ask. My Mum swears blind that my Fireball is still around somewhere in her house, but no idea where :(

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »
There seem to be no pictures of me with my ponies.  :(  But I do still have the ponies themselves, so I guess that's my evidence.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
Considering my dad was an avid photographer of everything when we grew up, I have only ever found 2 pictures in total with me with ponies which is a tiny percentage among all those pictures! Its weird isnt it!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 03:18:57 PM »
I wish there was a way to track down what my childhood ponies were ;-; No pictures, no ponies, and my mom only vaguely remembers me having them, but no details. It's frustrating! I'm ready to like try hypnotizing myself into my old memories or something xD haha.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »
I find that all of a sudden I ll look at a pony and have a flashback to something that happened when I was younger...I was completely convinced I had Windy when I was a little girl but my mum refused to agree as she didnt recognise her. Then one day I was cleaning the rainbow shelf and looked at Moonstone and I was "zap" I remember taking her to a dog show to be judged when I was a little girl [dont ask!]...I checked with my mum and she was "yes I remember her you loved that pony!" Hopefully they ll come to you in similar ways!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »
I don't have any pictures of my childhood ponies, but luckily I can remember them all! I do have a picture of my Lickety-Split birthday cake from 1986.

I have gone through so many photos looking for pics of me with my childhood ponies, all to no avail :( Still got a few boxes to go through and I do have lots of aunts and uncles that I'm going to ask. My Mum swears blind that my Fireball is still around somewhere in her house, but no idea where :(

Oh my! I hope she finds him!!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
All I have is the green little bracelet that came with Sky Skimmer which my Posey now wears as an earring type thing. I don't have photos or anything else.. ):
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »
I can completely understand where you're coming from! I have a vague feeling of having pony toys when I was little, and I even found a random baby pony crib in a box of my old childhood toys, but my parents said they never got me pony toys besides the fact that I was only a baby when the toys had their last debut in stores.

It's also weird that I recognized the G1 toys instantly the first time I saw pictures of them online many years later. But it could just be a false memory, and the baby crib could have been picked up from who knows where. :/

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 04:09:19 PM »
I got no pictures of me and my ponies, but what I got are memories. I remembered my pony by smell since I had forgotten how she looked. That's how I found mine. :)
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 08:13:53 PM »
I remember my childhood ponies, but I also remember my gram taking a picture of me with all my ponies one day.  It was right near the end of my childhood collecting days, too, so it would have been most if not all of my childhood ponies.  I cannot, for the life of me, find than darn picture, though!  Since I don't have my childhood ponies anymore, I wish I at least had the picture!

Elf

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 09:03:42 PM »
I remember.  I just don't have evidence. LOL

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 11:12:55 AM »
Here's my sister with her pony and barbie outfit, and my brother with his ninja turtle toy xD The funny thing is my sister honestly would have preferred the ninja turtle toys! She wasn't into a lot of "girl" toys. And there's my mom, looking tired. I don't know what year this was (whatever year that pony was out I guess haha) so I don't know if I was even born yet.

It's really such a shame I can't find any picture of me with ponies. But at least there's evidence of ponies in our family at all. My sister didn't live with us for long though because she's my half sister through our dad, so I'm not sure if that pony ever got handed down to me or to her other half sister that I'm not related to xD Or went to my grandma's as a toy for all of us....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal