collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you used to dislike but now love  (Read 5991 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Ponies you used to dislike but now love
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »
I was moving around my ponies yesterday and was looking at my Sugar Apple. She was one of my childhood ponies and I have to say I never really liked her that well. But for some reason all of a sudden I just started to fall in love with her! Maybe it's the curls or the cute symbol :) I also disliked the Merry-Go-Round ponies for a long time but now loooooove them! And while I wouldn't say I disked wingers, I was never really interested in them. That is until michelle and others began posting gorgeous pics of their winger collection and now I have to have... all of them  :shocked:

Are there any ponies you've changed your mind about?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you used to dislike but now love
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 04:59:34 PM »
I've been wanting to make this topic!

Pretty Beat
Sweetheart Sisters
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:13:54 PM »
I'm not sure I'd say there are ponies that I actively disliked but now like, however there are plenty that I was pretty 'meh' about before but now really like. Sundance, Moonstone, Snuzzle, Bluebelle, and so on. Also poses. The collectors pose, the Glory/Moonstone pose, and the Fizzy/Hula Hula poses were all kind of 'meh' to me before, but somehow I've recently fallen in love with them.

MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »
For me it was the G2s. I didn't like them that much when I started collecting many years ago, but they have grown on me since, and I've loved them for a while now. After getting my first G2, Copper Glow, I can't wait to get more!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
Applejack.

When I started watching FiM I immediately favored her the least. I have now watched FiM 3 times and I've grown kind of ... attached to her.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »
This happens to me so often! I have very few ponies who consistently appeal to me, I'm always falling in and out of love with them.

One of the ponies I've definitely come around on is Snuzzle. I was never crazy for Snuzzle, as the only two I had was one who was terribly baity (Practically no hair) and the 25th anniversary re-issue. Then I found a beautiful mint Snuzzle at a local market one day, and it was love at first sight! She's so gorgeous! I don't think I'll ever stop loving her now.

Starshine is another pony I've come around on more recently. I was never crazy about her, but then I put her next to my Sundance one day and they were just so cute together. Oh! Also, Beddy-Bye eyes! I wasn't crazy about them as a kid, but I suddenly became obsessed with them last year. BBE Baby Sundance is one of my favourite ponies. I also have a Baby Shady with the most dreadful haircut who is just soooooooo cute.

Keiri

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
I used to hate G1s 'cause I thought they looked kinda depressed, lol. Now I think they're adorable.  :P

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 05:28:29 PM »
G3s. Now they look a bit older lol
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »
Haha, we think alike, StoryDreamer :D

The G2s are starting to grow on me as well!
My Wish List

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 05:34:18 PM »
Ooh easy - G2's!!! I loathed them at first - now I adore them.
What other generation can boast a mint-green unicorn with flaming red hair??

ETA: haha StarDragon - great minds think alike!! I didn't see your post before posting mine... but it appears we're both full of Copper Glow love :heart:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:35:57 PM by Kalavista »

Fweepy

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »
Ah, there are so many. I used to think So Softs were ugly, but after getting a few in a large lot, I have grown quite fond of their little fuzzy bodies. I can't help but pick them up and stroke them like kittens :3

Another one for me was BBE's, but Baby Frosting in particular. Her neon green color, her eyes, oh goodness everything about her freaked me out.. And then I have no idea what happened. Now I think she is the most charming little thing ever haha

And finally, all the G4 toys. The bald look (on most) and the mousy face just looked awful to me, but unfortunately for my wallet, they did grow on me. I eventually concluded that attempting to style their hair just right was all part of the fun.

We'll see if G2's begin to grow on me like so many others...

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 06:13:37 PM »
Tootsie. Despite my love of all things green and blue, the sight of tootsie still looked like eye vomit to me. That is, until my friend Pamela bought one off ebay as a surprise for me and I held her in my hands. Been in love ever since <3 Such silky cerulean hair and such a fine new grass colored body ;-; So lovely

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »
G3.5 ponies! They gave me such an awful impression of what My Little Pony had become that I had absolutely no interest in it, but the FiM phenomenon happened and now I'm into ponies again! Without G4 I wouldn't be here... because of G3.5 ._.;

But now I've looked at them more and more and I kind of like G3.5 ponies. They're not my favorite out of all the ponies, but they are kinda cute if you look at them. I still don't like some of them, but I've grown this really strange attachment to Toola-Roola. :3 And she used to be my least favorite of the G3.5s too - her color scheme looked so WEIRD! And now I love it :P
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »
Pinkie Pie. I don't know what her personality was as G3, but I just don't like the all-pink ponies of any generation...it just feels lazy. Plus there were so many variations of her with the the whole core 7 thing, I found her boring. But I shockingly found I really enjoyed G4 Pinkie right from the beginning, despite not only being all pink, but also having a personality I don't normally like either. And my like for G4 Pinkie Pie seems to have spread backwards to G3 Pinkie, who, while still not a pony I "love," I can't say I dislike anymore either.

rainbowstars

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »
I will 3rd G2s.  When they came out I was all,"that's not how they looked when I was a kid!"  Even a few months ago when the collecting began I was not a fan.  Suddenly, I feel I need to have them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal