collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you used to dislike but now love  (Read 5970 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you used to dislike but now love
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 08:36:36 PM »
G4.  When I first saw them in the store, I wasn't terribly impressed.  I liked them better than G3.5 but not enough to buy one.  At the time I wasn't really keeping up with the online community so I didn't know about the show or that Hasbro had redesigned again.  I saw the stickers on the boxes advertising the show so eventually, I got online and watched it.  I really liked it and I watched all of the episodes the summer after the first season.  Even then, I couldn't get myself to buy one except for a single of Twilight Sparkle.  And that was more for the fact that it amused me that she lives in a library and I work in one.

In the end, it was the play sets that got me into collecting G4.  The first time I saw the carousel, I coveted it.  I can't believe it took Hasbro nearly 30 years to come up with a working carousel for our ponies to ride on.  I still put off and put off buying it because of the price.  Then I found it for deep discount at Target after Christmas.  I couldn't resist.  And then I had to have just a couple more ponies to ride on it.  Then I had to get Applejack's farm play set because she had her cowboy hat and hey, I live in Texas so had to have that.  And when I first saw the train on the store shelf (I had not idea it was being released)  I just about squealed because my family has a thing about trains.  It's just all gone down hill from there.  Now I have a pretty sizable collection at 30 ponies and 4 play sets.  If I'm not careful, it will start rivaling my G3 collection.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
I am another person who went from hating G2 and G3.5 to loving them! But my real shock was that I looooathed the Ponyville line and now I have a stack that I just love!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2012, 12:43:26 AM »
Now for something kinda different:  an outfit!  I used to hate Sidewalk Surfer and its ugly orange dress with ridiculous circle pattern.  I like the fantasy aspect of MLP the best, so parts of the line like this this scream tacky 80's stuff just annoyed me, even back in the day.  But I just bought it a few months ago (I'm trying to collect all the outfits), and was pleasantly surprised to find that the wheels on the skateboard actually roll.  I guess that should have been obvious, but I could never get past the ugly dress to wonder if the board was functional.  As soon as I got the outfit with the rolling board, I thought, "Oh, how fun!"  Now I still think it looks tacky, but the skateboard is so much fun that the whole outfit is sort of growing on me.  I'm even starting to think it's sort of cute, along with its earphones and knee pads.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • DeeDee Productions
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2012, 01:07:11 AM »
Hehe fun topic!

I grew attached to my baby "Catpony".
When I got her on the fleemarket for only 10 Eurocents, I thought her to be not quite charming at all.
But I started to adore her as soon as I notest that she was one of my best buys!

Now, to me, she looks all pretty. And her hair still changes when I put her in the sun!  ^.^
I guess my love for Catpony came with a price *giggles*.
Don't say everything you know, but do know everything you say.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal