collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you used to dislike but now love  (Read 5969 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Ponies you used to dislike but now love
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »
The BBE I never used to like them if I got one I would trade it on the spot. Now I got a full collection of them. I think I like sleepy pie the most out of them. I have gotten used to them now they dont scare me that much anymore.

Inkblot

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 06:43:56 PM »
The G4 Glimmer Wings. I used to hate them, but now I MUST HAVE THEM ALL  :dribble:

Offline cirrusrose

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 06:51:09 PM »
I will 4th the G2's.  :P

Absolutely couldn't care less about them until an Ivy arrived in a bulk lot of G1's. Now I collect them. They actually are super cute and the eye jewels are a lovely concept.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want List / Arena Sales / Etsy Store / eBay

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 07:02:07 PM »
Pinkie Pie. I don't know what her personality was as G3, but I just don't like the all-pink ponies of any generation...it just feels lazy. Plus there were so many variations of her with the the whole core 7 thing, I found her boring. But I shockingly found I really enjoyed G4 Pinkie right from the beginning, despite not only being all pink, but also having a personality I don't normally like either. And my like for G4 Pinkie Pie seems to have spread backwards to G3 Pinkie, who, while still not a pony I "love," I can't say I dislike anymore either.
I second this! I didn't understand all the hype about G4 Pinkie Pie until I heard the Smile song... her bubbly personality is not annoying anymore... :P
Also, TEs. I thought they were scary at first. But then I saw Mimic and understood why she's so popular...  :lovey: :)
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »
Ooh - I have to third Pinkie Pie!! I couldn't stand her at first because she was EVERYWHERE... now I adore her :heart:

ETA: in G3 days, she was just as ubiquitous - at least - as her G4 counterpart XD

rainbowstars

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 07:26:34 PM »
I thought the twinkle eyes and BBEs were freaky too...now I'm like my 9 year old, to quote her, "I am willing to collect" anything MLP.  At first she only wanted G1s (and the G4s she was already collecting) after we found a Stripes at a thrift store and I got super pumped(child of the 80s that I am).    The only caveat was that BBEs were freaky and she would not accept them.  Well,I got a bait BBE Lickety Split that really wasn't that bad for 50 cents and shipping.  I cleaned her up and gave her to her and she stared at her for hours when she was supposed to be going to bed.  So cute:) 

I still don't love BBEs, but I am "willing to collect them". 

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 07:34:57 PM »
FLutter Ponies and G4s have won me over.  And I am softening toward the G2s.  Slowly.  LOL

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 07:46:31 PM »
I HATED the G4's when they came out. They were just so.....not pony like, with their big bulbous heads...I just couldn't stand them. THEN I stared watching FIM and I love the show...I don't hate the g4's anymore, I have the mane 6, Ploomette, Princess Celestia and Luna. I don't think I'll get anymore, since there are so many recycled bodies, I catch myself looking at some of them and trying to figure out who was reused to make the new character.

I'm still not a fan of the G3.5's....but then again, I don't know many who are...

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »
Ah, there are so many. I used to think So Softs were ugly, but after getting a few in a large lot, I have grown quite fond of their little fuzzy bodies. I can't help but pick them up and stroke them like kittens :3

Oh fun topic! I'm with Fweepy--I didn't like So Softs at all, but then I started picking them up all the time at thrift stores. After they'd had baths I totally fell in love with them. And now I have nine sweet and cuddly girls :heart:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »
I also have sorta fallen for the g2s.  I've had many pass through my hands; could not unrest and the appeal and then I found Princess Twinkle Star at a meet and. . .   Something clicked.  She's such a pretty pony and I love the clip on wings and now I'm thinking she needs some friends.  :)

G1 princess ponies are another set that I didn't want anything to do with until I actually got one and then I wanted all of them.  :lovey:
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
I actually really liked the G2's when I got a hold of one... my first bunch of ponies had G3, G2, and G1... I love them all.  I hated the G4 at first... but they grew on me... and now I lOVE them.

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 08:01:43 PM »
Hahaha! Yes! Three other people who didn't like Pinkie Pie but now love her, I'm in good company! I don't know what it is about her... just love her so much.  :drunk:

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 08:51:19 PM »
Pinkie Pie: I used to think that she tried a bit too hard being the funny/random one and that that was pretty much her whole character. Luckily she developed from there.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 09:33:49 PM »
Every Beddy Bye Eye. They used to creep me out, now I find them kinda cute. All 3.5s. Same thing as the BBEs.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 10:04:15 PM »
G2's for me as well, there are actually some really pretty ones.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal