collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why are there so few G4 babies?  (Read 3246 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Why are there so few G4 babies?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »
I'd love to see the Cake twins, in the veins of g1 newborn twins!  :lovey:

But, really any babies/kids (the cmc aren't really "babies" per se) with symbols would be nice to see.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 11:24:45 PM »
I wonder if Hasbro feels like they backed themselves into a corner with the G4 fillies. "Pony with a picture on its butt" has always been the standard for the definition of what a MLP is (baring a few special cases). Now they try to put out fillies with no cutie marks, to match the show, and thus take away an important element of their toy.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 11:30:45 PM »
I think a creative design team could work around it. I'd love to see "Growing Up" sets, with the same character depicted as both a filly and adult pony w/cutie mark.  Something similar to the My Pretty Mermaids would be cool too, where cutie marks are revealed when exposed to water.  Or maybe a blank flank filly with sticker sheet, so you could choose what cutie mark she grows into.  Play value anyone?   

Besides that, many of the "school age" background ponies on FiM *do* have cutie marks, so I see no real trouble with selling them with.  A mix would be nice.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 11:56:42 PM »
I don't see why the other young G4 ponies don't have cutie marks. The thing about the CMC is that they're the only ones their age who haven't gotten a cutie mark, so it makes more sense to have all the other fillies with a cutie mark. Leaving non-CMC fillies as blank flanks smacks more of cost cutting than anything else to me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:14:57 AM by frizzycat »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 12:00:36 AM »
Ohhhhh, what about a set based off of the international Surprise Twin set, where you washed off a diaper to reveal their symbol?

OR!  What if they made a set of babies with glow-in-the-dark cutie mark paint that "blended in" to their base color in the light, but became visible in the dark?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Bag of Magic Food

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 05:02:42 AM »
Leaving non-CMC fillies as blank flanks smacks more of cost cutting than anything else to me.
I agree, I can just imagine the people in charge of the toys going, "Young ponies don't have their cutie marks yet?  Awesome!  We can save a few cents per toy by not having to stamp any of them!"

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 06:52:31 AM »
Eh, give it time. Babies always have come later in every line. At least we have some so far! I'm sure that means there will be more, especially given that they've already made a random baby not from the show.

Personally I'd like to see ANY baby who actually has a symbol! I'm not much of a fan of blank-flanks. The symbol is half the fun...

This x 100! I just want some symbols on the babies! There are only so many hair/body colour combinations before everyone could start to look boring without symbols...come on Hasbro!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 07:21:33 AM »
I'd love a set of the Cake family.  And I agree, I'd love more fillies.
Maybe now that we've gotten a few more "show accurate" ponies (Trixie, Zecora, etc) they'll consider more show-accurate fillies.  Seems to be SMALLLLLL steps getting toys that relate to the show, that aren't the mane 6.  Look how long it took for a white Celestia...

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 08:37:00 AM »
I would LOVE to see more fillies!  I think "flashback" fillies of the main 6 would be great, but I'd freak out with happiness if they made filly Twilight and she came with her two parents and (not quite adult yet) big brother, and filly Pinkie Pie came with her parents and two sisters, etc.... I just love my G1 family sets and I'd love to see more!

Also, yeah, wasn't one of the points of the first CMC episode that Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were special for NOT having their cutie marks yet?  Most/all of the other ponies their age have them already.  I wish the filly toys that weren't CMCs had cutie marks...

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »
What does CMC mean?

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
What does CMC mean?

Cutie Mark Crusaders, they're three younger ponies in the show who don't have their cutie marks while everyone else their age does. So they banded together to try and get their cutie marks (not that it really seems to be working, lol). ^^
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

ZettaMomo

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »
I would love to see some more baby ponies. Especially another baby pegasus. The wings on Scootaloo are so adorable!

cesprins

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »
I think a creative design team could work around it. I'd love to see "Growing Up" sets, with the same character depicted as both a filly and adult pony w/cutie mark.  Something similar to the My Pretty Mermaids would be cool too, where cutie marks are revealed when exposed to water.  Or maybe a blank flank filly with sticker sheet, so you could choose what cutie mark she grows into.  Play value anyone?   

Besides that, many of the "school age" background ponies on FiM *do* have cutie marks, so I see no real trouble with selling them with.  A mix would be nice.

I love these ideas! Especially the sticker cutiemarks. It could be like the monster high create a monster, packs.

Phekzhen

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
Actually, there's three flower fillies for the wedding line. Which is weird, since the CMC were the flower fillies in the show.
And they also have a set where they're flower fillies.
I dunno, but these no-name flower fillies were seen at the Toy Fair and are monochromatic.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »

I love these ideas! Especially the sticker cutiemarks. It could be like the monster high create a monster, packs.

Hm, I dunno about stickers. I sometimes come across second hand G3 styling ponies (which came with stickers) and they're a mess! Gooey residue everywhere, tons of stickers tangled in the hair, I've even seen where the ink from the stickers has bled though to the plastic! I suppose it wouldn't be nearly so bad on a tiny G4 baby, but it could still spell trouble..

At this point I do have some faith in Hasbro, based on the awesome ponies that are yet to come...but at the same time, I can TOTALLY see them never putting symbols on any of the babies. I really hope that isn't our fate for G4 babies though...(also I don't think I can get used to calling them anything other than baby ponies, despite the fact they aren't actual babies - kids, fillies, whatever...they're all just non-adults to me! =P )
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal