collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 93851 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #645 on: October 26, 2023, 10:57:47 AM »
Stumbled onto some yona spoilers today...

Spoiler
They're not especially good...and yet I am fascinated *lol*

Spoiler

I'm not sure if I should ask what they are yet or not.  :yikes:   :yikes:  You did say you were fascinated though so that gives me hope.

Hopefully I can catch up on Yona soon.  Vol 40 comes out in December in the US.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #646 on: October 26, 2023, 05:20:32 PM »
Meh, I think you should prepare for the worst. It's just...yeah. Well. Anyway.
If you want to know I will tell you, but...yeah. I won't unless you ask :)

I just bought vol 42. Judging by what is going on atm, I think we might only have a handful of volumes left to go.

Would be surprised if it makes more than 45 honestly. But I may be proven wrong.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 26, 2023, 07:05:17 PM »
I recently read Doom and Donuts for the pony book group. I think it’s more of a graphic novel to be exact, but it was adorable.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 30, 2023, 10:07:38 AM »
So vol 42 of Yona appeared this morning. I also got a couple of others (SpyxFamily 12 and 19 and 20 for Moriarty, which I am unforgivably behind on reading).

So erm. Well.
Spoiler
Ponyfan, you may or may not want to read this...
Spoiler
I am glad that I know what happens in a couple of the chapters ahead, although I will be honest, what happens in those chapters doesn't really make the cliffhanger of this volume any better. I am super glad I knew to expect it though, as otherwise I might be gnashing teeth and clawing the wall.

As it is, I've kind of built up my internal barriers a bit...

Reading beyond this point is at own risk.

Spoiler
I think we should resign ourselves to/prepare for the probability that we have lost Jaeha. Although I can't say for certain that he has died, I think he may have stopped existing - at least on the mortal plane.

Moreover...
Spoiler
Bearing in mind where the most recent chapter went, I think this is only the beginning.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 30, 2023, 03:53:49 PM »
I'm not sure if I want to know what's in the Yona spoiler yet, so I'm not opening it. 

I saw the cover of 42 though.  I love that it features Jaeha and Kija. 

Speaking of Jaeha, Google just suggested something a bit disturbing when I was trying to make sure I'd spelled Jaeha correctly.  It also did the same thing when I was trying to look of Tadano from Komi, so maybe it's just something Google thinks I want to look up and not a confirmed fact.

I picked up Rainbow Days 6, Love's in Sight 4 and A Man and His Cat 8 and 9.

I didn't realize that the US was that close to being caught up on Spy Family.   Vol 10 came out a couple of weeks ago in the US.

I need to rearrange my manga again.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 31, 2023, 11:50:32 AM »
I shall not comment and shall let you discover it at your own pace :) But I suggest not googling anything Yona for a bit xD.

On another Yona note, though, I reflect really often on how unfair it is that they churn out so many very. bad. anime, with second and third seasons, and yet Yona is still waiting a second. I know there is new merch out, and they even had some Tokyo cafe event thing going on a while back, according to what I have heard. But no second season? Really?

I am actually looking forward to it ending now, and seeing how it all ties up. I have a number of theories based on what has happened in recent chapters and what I've seen in online discussions...we'll see if it works out that way.

I srsly have so much manga to read *sobs*.

I need to make that my winter project. But I also want to pick up the Saiunkoku LN again. I want to pick them up roughly where the anime ends, because the ending diverges slightly and the novels continue. But...time...organisation...meh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 09, 2023, 03:39:05 PM »
Does the Daiya manga have more of Eijun's thoughts than the anime?  I'm reading a fanfiction story where  Koushuu is actually reading the manga to learn more about Eijun and I think the writer of the story is actually quoting parts of the manga.  In the scene where Miyuki and Eijun face off against Azuma, there a line that sounds like Eijun is speaking that says "At that very moment, I think I opened a door to a new world."

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 10, 2023, 12:22:04 PM »
Does the Daiya manga have more of Eijun's thoughts than the anime?  I'm reading a fanfiction story where  Koushuu is actually reading the manga to learn more about Eijun and I think the writer of the story is actually quoting parts of the manga.  In the scene where Miyuki and Eijun face off against Azuma, there a line that sounds like Eijun is speaking that says "At that very moment, I think I opened a door to a new world."

Ponyfan

Erm, Iirc the very beginning of the anime also starts something like this. I don't have all the volumes to Act I so I am not sure about the Azuma scene, but from what I do have I don't think that there's a LOT more of Eijun's voice narrating like that. I mean, that the anime doesn't already cover, since there's quite a lot from Eijun's perspective generally.

That's a pretty meta concept, LOL. Reading the manga to learn about Eijun.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 20, 2023, 03:50:28 PM »
I thought it was meta too.  It's a little funny though because Koushuu  keeps  questioning whether the events in the manga really happened since he wasn't there at the time. 

It looks like I'll have 3 volumes of Yona to catch up on soon.

I bought Haikyuu 25, Fly Me to the Moon 20, Like a Butterfly 4 and Honey Lemon Soda 4.  There was one other book I looked for, but didn't find it even though the bookstore was supposed to have it in stock.  The website doesn't update in real time though so it's possible someone bought it and the website hadn't updated yet.

I'm thinking about rearranging my manga soon.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 03:33:12 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 22, 2023, 10:31:31 AM »
I did rearrange the manga a bit.  I didn't think it would be such a big job just  doing a small section, but I was worn out by the time I finished.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 05, 2023, 03:22:33 PM »
I picked up Yona 40 today.  :)  Hopefully I'll have a chance to catch up soon.  I also bought I'm a Koi 8. 

Suwon is on the spine of 30 and Meinyan is on the spine of 40.  I had to look twice because Suwon and Meiyan have similar hair colors.  When the books are next to each other and you just take a quick glance, it's a bit hard to tell 39 apart from 40 from the spine if you're not looking at the numbers.

I looked for the book I was going to get last time, but still couldn't find it. The website still shows it in stock though (I just checked.)  There was also another book that I thought I already had, but it turns out that I don't.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 06:54:16 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 10, 2023, 10:33:04 AM »
Ah, that reminds me that there is probably a new Yona chapter out around nowish. If I'm feeling brave I may look it up. I think I'm immune to almost anything right now though...

Edit: Yep, there was one a week ago. Oh, I'm so confused now. I mean, seriously. I wonder if it is in a good way or not. So. many. questions.

I am still so behind with my manga because of reading Heaven official's blessing thanks to my colleague's influence, LOL :) But I'm almost done with that now. So maybe I'll finally get around to catching up properly on things.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 05:18:02 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 10, 2024, 04:05:36 PM »
I was hoping to catch up on Yona during the holidays, but stuff happened. :sigh: Someday I will

I bought the ebook of Daiya 47 yesterday and picked up Komi 28 today.  :)

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 11, 2024, 05:01:45 AM »
I am caught up with yona...mostly...up to the most recent chapter although those aren't in books yet.

I am still highly intrigued by what's going on though I have my theories.

I need to actually go back and read the books I have only skimmed since I'm missing some key factors but I am not sure that's why I'm having trouble predicting what comes next.

I'm also reading Moriarty again. I'm about to begin an arc I don't much like in the animation, though. Never mind.

I do like this manga, especially psychotic little teddy bear Louis - but sometimes the anachronisms make me want to scream.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 11, 2024, 05:51:53 AM »
I am super stressed... my husband is okay with purging manga titles that we aren't interested in anymore... he has always wanted to hang onto this stuff.  now with his surgery, we are pretty much open to anything that will net some money.  but he's always been so defiant about this collection.

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal