collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your 2020 collection recap and goals for 2021  (Read 2998 times)

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Your 2020 collection recap and goals for 2021
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2020, 02:26:22 AM »
My only 2020 goal was to complete my cat symbol collection, which I achieved this autumn. Acutally, I set this goal about 10 years ago, but then we were looking for a house for quite some time and finally moved a few years later. After moving it took me another 3 years to finally move my ponies from their box to the display cabinet again, so I wasn't in collector mode for many years. Other than that, I discovered the HQG1C ponies this year and bought those I like best.

For 2021 my goal is to get all the remaining ponies on my G1 and G3 wish lists.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 02:37:58 AM »
I don't have a *big* collection per se, but I'm very glad to have Basic Fun Moonstone and Medley! They were two of my priority ponies. I'd love to add a Princess Silver Swirl and a Rarity to my collection in the future!

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2020, 08:45:25 AM »
2020 was a great year pony wise for me.

I thrifted 3 ponies (all none g1), got 2 g3 ponies as presents

And I may have.....bought more than a 100 ponies this year 0_o

I know, it's crazy. The funds were there and maybe some mania (not diagnosed (yet?))

I'm very happy with all of them but next year won't be that crazy.

My goals for next year are going to pony con and be less pony-crazy.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2020, 12:32:22 PM »
2020 was my very first year collecting! I went a bit crazy at first...purchased too many ponies over the course of a few months because I was just so excited.

My goal for 2021 is to be more mindful about my purchases.

Ditto your response word for word! I started collecting about a year ago and went in a little bit hard and fast. It's been fun, but I really need to rein it in this coming year!

This is me as well! I started collecting this year, back in August and I also went a little crazy. I spent :::looks around and whispers::: nearly $400 on my ponies and pony items...yikes! I mean, luckily I had the money and got some overtime hours at my job, (plus I got a nice bonus b/c of covid) but I was a little shocked when I realized it added up to that! The ponies I bought are very common and I made sure I never paid more than $15 (preferably no more than ten, but a few of them did go up to $15, especially if they were good quality) and I always made sure the shipping and handling wasn't higher than $5 (that really adds up!).

My goal is pretty simple: I just want to get all the G1 adult ponies from years 2 and 3. You know, the classics! I got quite a lot, plus I got a few outfit (I couldn't resist, you know I love pony wear!)

This is who (and what) I have in my collection:
-Blossom and Cotton Candy
-Seashell and Bow Tie
-Firefly and Medley
-Heartthrob and Surprise
-Moondancer, Glory, Sunbeam, and Twilight
-Windy, Moonstone, Sunlight, Parasol, and Starshine (and Skiydancer is on her way to me!)
-Licket Split, Tootsie, Posey, and Cherries Jubilee
-Gusty, Sparkler, Powder, and Skyflier
-Confetti and Tickle

Plus I got these outfits:
-Pony Luv, Best of the West, Pony Pom Pom, Sweet Dreams, Tea Party, Strike up The Band, Pretty as a Picture, Ice Princess, Flashprance.

My goal for next year is to finish those collections and perhaps start on getting all the Twinkle Eyes, my favorite ponies besides the originals. Maybe a couple more outfits that I have my eye on (Pony Royal, Milk and Cookies, Hit the Slopes, Hearts and Candy to name a few!)

I also might give myself a pony budget every month so I don't go overboard!

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2020, 11:35:47 PM »
My goal in 2020 was to get closer to completing my Luna/Nightmare moon collection, which I have.
I now have clip n go luna, and jumbo auroua luna as far as plushies go.
I also obtained g4.5 and mini equestria girl luna, shine bright luna, first release filly luna, the later released light up luna, funko mini luna, a luna debit card, and glitter festival luna.
I also have gotten back into g1 and found a few new fakies to love.
As far as customs go, i have made tons! I'll have to take pictures sometimes.
For 2021, I'd like to get some takara fakies.

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 02:50:11 AM »
My 2020 goals was "buy a pony". I've kind of had collecting on hiatus (they've been on display, but I haven't added to my collection other than 2nd hand shop finds) for YEARS, so I wanted to actually get back into it this year.
I've had crazy luck with 2nd hand finds and added upwards of 25 ponies from shops this year, but I've also managed to buy some wishlist ponies :)

My 2021 goals will be to finish my TE ponies (I need to re-buy Whizzer. I gave mine away in a swap once), and rainbow ponies set 2. I'd like to finish Unicorn & Pegasus sets too. But I haven't really thought of my collection goals for next year yet. We'll need to move some time during next year, so it'll have to depend on that. Ideally, a goal would be more display space :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 05:31:39 AM »
At the start of the year, I didn't have any pony plans but with everything that's happened, I ended up getting to about May and felt like "Ponies! Now!" It has been a pretty good year for my herd, as I got some grails and some lovely ponies who hadn't previously been on my radar.
Heart Throb and Flower Bouquet were the main event, as I'd wanted those two for ages. They look really cute on display together so the story in my herd is that they're sweethearts now.
I also got a bundle of G3s, starting with Sweet Song in the walking pose and Daisy Paisley, both of whom I'm very excited to have found!
After that, I got Lulabelle, which was a love at first sight thing. The one I got was a bit grubby when she arrived but she's cleaned up beautifully.
Then I got Fluttershy, Meadowbrook and Starbeam, and am quite satisfied with my array of G3s for now.

For 2021, I'm hoping to get some G2s, particularly Eve as she's one of my favourites but I always get outbid when she turns up on evilbay. Copper Glow and her sisters are high up on my want list too, they're absolutely stunning! And of course, there is always room in my heart for G1s, most likely Sunbeam next, as I've been keen on her for a while.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 06:40:33 AM »
I have to say it hasn't been a great year for me. I have lost most of my G3s and G4s after I left them at a friend's house for 'safekeeping'. I haven't had any luck with my G1 goals and am struggling to find the remaining few girls and accessories on my list, not using Facebook is a big part of it I think. I did have some fun making accessories to go with the Perfume Puff Palace, I found some netting and made ruffles and scarves. I did also buy a few accessories from Ebay like Baby Glory's blanket.

For next year I'd really like to find Cha Cha and Red Roses in great condition and to finish my UK waterfall accessories. My main goal though is simply to unpack! After moving house, everything is still in boxes except Cotton Candy and Lemondrop. They are sitting in an otherwise empty cabinet. I'm hoping that in my search I finally find the Paradise back card that I owe Taffeta and also some Italian stationary that I love to look at but can't find anywhere. I'd also like to finish my UK comics and find some of the seasonal editions etc.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2020, 06:49:28 AM »
bumping since I know I'm not the only one who found a pony under the Christmas tree! :P anyone else got some additions to make to their collection recaps? :)

My last ponies of 2020 are HQG1C Star Spangled, 4/5 of those Hershey Treasure Surprise G4s (just need Rarity now - wish they'd made Applejack but ah well), and today's arrivals: orange Angel Bunny and G4.5 blind bag Lyra Heartstrings. yup, I finally succumbed to G4.5s x) I swore I'd just get Angel (he'd make a perfect Almiraj pet for the D&D druid pony!), but the seller had Lyra too, and... I caved. >_< curse my weakness for Lyra! so Angel got a travelling buddy and I got a tiny manic-looking Lyra. x)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2020, 07:14:31 AM »
Quick update. I got the first story of the writing project done!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2020, 09:59:39 PM »
I officially declared myself an MLP collector this year, and got my first three G1's, along with a handful of G3's!  It's not a huge haul, but I'm very happy with it! Next year, I'm hoping to get a few more G1's, but I don't have any specific goals in mind beyond that.

Offline Poster

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2021, 01:11:00 PM »
Got Basic Fun Moonstone, Gusty, and Sparkler. I was able to find the version of Sparkler I wanted (with more mane stripes) with ease, which was great. :D

Would like to get the rest of the currently-available Basic Funs over the course of the next several months. Would also like to get G4.5 Rainbow Dash and Rarity, which I saw exactly 0 of in the wild. I guess I also wouldn't mind picking up more G! sparkle ponies, and maybe FINALLY get a G2 other than the lone McPony I currently have. XD

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2021, 02:05:38 PM »
except for two new dollhouse kits I made into the Festive Cottage & the Spooky cabin, along with paints, stickers, spare ribbons & Halloween-themed ribbons, & some dollhouse furniture.

I think I may have missed seeing the Festive Cottage?  But my memory is a bit bad... I definitely remember the Spooky cabin.  It's so cool that you make your ponies their own playsets/houses  :cool:

Hmm, for myself I managed to get 2 more girls to add to my Sugarberry-pose collection, Basic Fun Gusty, and a few others here and there including baby Tic-Tac-Toe.  I also did 2 custom swaps, so I got 2 new beautiful custom ponies to display  :)

For 2021 I want to purchase my first HQG1C pony/ponies!  I'm having trouble choosing which one to get.  Also, I plan to continue to add to my Sugarberry-pose collection with at least two more, probably either Tootie Tails or Lemon Treats, plus one of the ones we didn't get in the USA like Meadowsweet or Patch.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2021, 02:42:34 PM »
except for two new dollhouse kits I made into the Festive Cottage & the Spooky cabin, along with paints, stickers, spare ribbons & Halloween-themed ribbons, & some dollhouse furniture.

I think I may have missed seeing the Festive Cottage?  But my memory is a bit bad... I definitely remember the Spooky cabin.  It's so cool that you make your ponies their own playsets/houses  :cool:

Hmm, for myself I managed to get 2 more girls to add to my Sugarberry-pose collection, Basic Fun Gusty, and a few others here and there including baby Tic-Tac-Toe.  I also did 2 custom swaps, so I got 2 new beautiful custom ponies to display  :)

For 2021 I want to purchase my first HQG1C pony/ponies!  I'm having trouble choosing which one to get.  Also, I plan to continue to add to my Sugarberry-pose collection with at least two more, probably either Tootie Tails or Lemon Treats, plus one of the ones we didn't get in the USA like Meadowsweet or Patch.
It's now up in Customs xxx

You'll be addicted to HQG1Cs...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2021, 03:05:26 PM »

It's now up in Customs xxx

You'll be addicted to HQG1Cs...

That's kind of what I'm afraid of!   Haha!  Well once I recover from Xmas spending I'm going to do it!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal