collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: It's finally happened  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: It's finally happened
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 08:08:42 AM »
I have a niece who was very into them (I think I got her hooked when she saw my collection, actually :p) This was during the height of the G3's, and I fondly remember a lot of fun times playing with her, she loved 'borrowing' the big brother ponies to play the dads of the (extensive) pony families. She was about 12 I think, around the time the G3.5's hit...and she absolutely hated those (I wasn't too fond of them either :p) and that kind of killed it for her. I'm surprised she was into them for as long as she was. She's off in college now and entrusted me with her collection, to keep just in case, someday she'd like to collect them as an adult, or pass to a child of her own.

Everyone changes their mind about things, and whether or not she's sincerely not wanting to play with them now, or keep them on display, some day she just might. I know my biggest regret as a kid was not keeping a lot of my original pony stuff (had a SE dream castle I REALLY wish I'd held onto now!) I had begun to feel silly for having them, it wasn't until I got a bit older that I decided I didn't care, and didn't want to avoid something I liked just because it might be abnormal to some. Not sure why I ever felt silly though, everyone in my life now is supportive and has a pony or two of their own!

But as everyone's said, best thing is to just hold onto them, even if she never really feels the desire to have them again, least you'll have a collection to remember when she did.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: It's finally happened
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 11:09:09 AM »
Agreeing with everyone else- keep those ponies! When we adopt a child we decided we are keeping almost all their toys so they can look back on it and appreciate them in case they want to pass them down when they have a family :heart: I wish someone did that for me growing up! I had so many amazing digimon and Pokemon toys that are worth a lot of money now to where I cant afford them on ebay, I miss them so much omg. I have a feeling they will love all my pokemo n and pony toys, I'm glad I was able to keep whatever I could!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal