collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bubblecup/Ditzy Doo/SDCC Pony Re-release?  (Read 14535 times)

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bubblecup/Ditzy Doo/SDCC Pony Re-release?
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
I would be happy for any kind of brushable release of this character, any name, any size, eyes crossed or not, just as long as it was a release where everyone who wanted her was able to get her, without having to pay ridiculously inflated prices.
I would pay a little bit more for them to give her no name and :muffin: Pony eyes.
Which no name would probably make her a special.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:03:29 PM by BerryPunch »

Offline Azteca

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I like birbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »
I hope they do re-release her again  :huh:

BerryPunch

« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »
I hope they do re-release her again  :huh:
I do as well. She needs way more merchandise of her. heck, even Lyra has started to appear with the Mane Six.

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2012, 11:27:03 PM »
Isn't the SDCC :muffin: Pony a weird size. So if Hasbro did release another :muffin: Pony doll she would be either FS or brushie so that would still make the comic con one special right?

Quill

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2012, 11:33:03 PM »
Isn't the SDCC :muffin: Pony a weird size. So if Hasbro did release another :muffin: Pony doll she would be either FS or brushie so that would still make the comic con one special right?j
No, she is Fashion Style sized.

Offline zannid

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2012, 11:54:15 PM »
I'd love a Bubblecup but I agree that there should be some sort of variation between the SDCC version and a general release.

I have problems with the way exclusives are handle with Comic Con (it fails to bring more money to the company, causes price inflation, scalpers, scalpers buying out the stock and then turning around and selling items for 4x as much AT THE SAME CONVENTION).

I think the original idea behind con exclusives is good and it can work well with conventions mainly based around, well, comics. Since SDCC has branched out into less scifi and more pop culture and thus spiked in popularity, I wish they would change some of the practices.

One good thing would be to have a SDCC exclusive or variant with something special in the package then have a general release version available at a later date. That's often what they do with some comics and figures at conventions, but toy companies seem different.

Of course, this doesn't fix the issue with people who paid for Bubblecup on ebay if they do another release of her, but it's certainly food for thought about better ways for companies to handle exclusives and whether or not we as a fandom consider it acceptable.

Chance

« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2012, 12:53:26 AM »
I'd love a regular size version to go with my SDCC Ditzy!... :muffin: Pony!... Bubblecup!... maybe I'll just call her "Grey Mare Extraordinaire".

I also feel that if they wanted to re-release a Fashion Style Grey Mare Extraordinaire then it should be different from the SDCC one, just for the sake of fairness. An exclusive toy should actually be exclusive.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/manga_mayhem/:muffin: Ponies.jpg

She's my fave pony from any gen lol :) I've always wanted a pony army too ^_^

Your army is so cute!! I love how you have the prototype version and the final version of the SDCC exclusive. ^-^

BerryPunch

« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2012, 08:17:41 AM »
:muffin: Pony.

Somehow she needs to be re-released.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2012, 08:40:02 AM »

Wow- are those all yours?  I wish I had nabbed one of those early models off Taobao- LUCKY!!!!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2012, 08:45:21 AM »
I'd love a regular size version to go with my SDCC Ditzy!... :muffin: Pony!... Bubblecup!... maybe I'll just call her "Grey Mare Extraordinaire".

I also feel that if they wanted to re-release a Fashion Style Grey Mare Extraordinaire then it should be different from the SDCC one, just for the sake of fairness. An exclusive toy should actually be exclusive.

Your army is so cute!! I love how you have the prototype version and the final version of the SDCC exclusive. ^-^
Thing is -how- would they make another FS of her any different from the SDCC one, without making fans have a high strung cow about the pony?? There really isn't much you could do to make her different without a fuss and saying adding accessories would make her different, it won't...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

Two words:

Brushable. :muffin: Pony.

Sincerely,
Salli

BerryPunch

« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

Two words:

Brushable. :muffin: Pony.

Sincerely,
Salli

Add me to that letter! XD
I hope to get brushables for all the fan favorites. Bonbon, Doctor W/Hooves, Octavia, Carrot Top, Berry Punch, and Colgate/Minuette, besides :muffin: Pony Hooves, that is ;)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
well nobodys having a cow over the fact that  funko released one  did they?i wouldnt mind geting a smaller one to put withthe otehr ponys. i mena  its a possiblty they might re releaes her.. i mean they did relase some gs into blind bag figures
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2012, 10:28:14 AM »
well nobodys having a cow over the fact that  funko released one  did they?i wouldnt mind geting a smaller one to put withthe otehr ponys. i mena  its a possiblty they might re releaes her.. i mean they did relase some gs into blind bag figures
I wouldn't mind the brushable being release but not another FS. And Probably the only reason why no one had a realy cow about the funko one is likely due to it looking like Ditzy, I was saying they might have a cow if they change some part of her look (other than glitter) to make her different from the SDCC pony
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:32:54 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

BerryPunch

« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2012, 10:33:10 AM »
I want Raindrops as a blind bag, as well. I bet we'll get out much needed :muffin: Pony, soon.

I wouldn't mind the brushable being release but not another FS. And Probably the only reason [/n]why no one had a realy cow about the funko one is likely due to it looking like Ditzy, I was saying they might have a cow if they change some part of her look (other than glitter) to make her different from the SDCC pony
Wait, what the heck do you mean here? Due to :muffin: Pony looking like Ditzy?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:35:13 AM by BerryPunch »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal