collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Argie snuzzle broken and dirty  (Read 2814 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Argie snuzzle broken and dirty
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 03:15:12 PM »
I am just not sure how fair it is to expect someone to look inside their pony before selling.  Goodness, I would never expect that.  I guess my opinion on this really doesn't matter much.  I just know I have never asked a seller to check the inside of my pony and I probably never will.  Good grief I mean what if I had to remove the head and arms of every doll I sold?  Well, anyway...its just something I have never considered.  This is just an opinion its not meant to accuse or suggest something was done wrong by anyone. I am just thinking out loud. :satisfied:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 03:17:34 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »
I've bought well over 100 ponies from Argentina, and unless they are still in the package this is the condition that every single one was in. It's pretty much to be expected when buying an Argentina pony. I personally would not expect the seller to give a refund in this case. I do agree that the seller's reply was rude, but the condition is par for the course.

One learns new things every day about collecting ponies.  Especially Nirvana, there's so much to learn!  :D  Thankfully we have some real experts here on the Arena!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 10:39:52 PM »
Thank you all for your reply. Well, the neck seam was not sealed. The tail has been Cut, too but I didn't notice that on the fotos in the Internet. Well I understand if she just says, something like I am sorry I can't refund anything or so, It wasn't too much of a problem for me. The problem for me is that she got very rude and unfriendly, telling me things like I am evil and god should help me to find the right path etc. That is what makes me angry.

Post Merge: July 12, 2013, 12:33:38 AM

I wanted to add that I opened her because she had tailrust on the outside of her tail, which I also didn't see on the fotos in the auction.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:33:38 AM by aniko79 »
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Offline minamarie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 12:39:01 AM »
where the pony in the auctionphotos posed so you couldnt see the tailrust and -cut? would change a lot

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 01:25:56 AM »
I agree. They don't have to refund you, unless they do out of kindness, since they are not obliged to, that's the risk you take when you buy a 30 year old pony. It's typical of these types of ponies...

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 01:28:32 AM »
Well I can live without a refund and I really asked friendly, but I can't live with sellers getting so furious.

Post Merge: July 12, 2013, 01:33:35 AM

I didn't notice the haircut on the fotos but probably I might have noticed a slight beginning of tailrust, if I took the fotos upon closer inspection, but I couldn't have seen how horrible it really was. You are right that is always a risk, but it never happened to me to get a pony in as poor condition as this one:-(
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:33:35 AM by aniko79 »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 02:59:26 AM »
I'm very sorry that you had such a bad experience, and while sometimes Nirvana ponies from non collectors can arrive in pretty rough condition (- its actually pretty common ), that does not excuse the way the seller spoke to you :(   do you have a link to the auction so we can see the original photos/description (and the seller ID) please? that helps us understand the situation better and then we can give you better advice on how to proceed :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 06:56:54 AM »
I am sorry, I couldn't find a direct link anymore, but the sellers Name is Reinascarlet and it was snuzzle with blue hearts and blue hair. I will clean the Pony to the best of my ability and then she will wander off most probably to the sales thread. I am just upset that somebody so nasty has now 194 Dollars from me.

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 07:22:05 AM »
Ponylady, you are great! Yes exactly, that was the auction. I could hit myself that I have bought that Pony:-/

Post Merge: July 12, 2013, 07:23:34 AM

Would you leave Feedback for this furious Lady in my Position?

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:24 AM »
If i looked at those pics I would have expected rust probably rust to the point of disintegrating washer.  I can see it in the tail and the butt has a concave look as though the tail came out at some point and was pushed back in instead of properly repairing it. 

But at the end of the day you didn't notice it. 

I think you should consider how much this effects that value of the pony and then decide if she is still worth keeping.  If it makes her value drop a lot below what you paid, then you should look into ebay protection policy and return for a refund minus shipping instead of going for a partial refund.  If you are upset that this lady was rude to you, but the value of the pony isn't suffering, then perhaps keep her and restore.  I understand she was mean and I am sorry.  Yet, at the same time I wonder how much of your strong negative is a reaction to the condition of the item, and how much of it is your reaction to her rudeness.  Does that make sense?
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 07:43:18 AM »
Well, the worst Thing for me was her rudeness, much much more than the Pony's condition.

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 07:55:20 AM »
Ponylady, you are great! Yes exactly, that was the auction. I could hit myself that I have bought that Pony:-/

Post Merge: July 12, 2013, 07:23:34 AM

Would you leave Feedback for this furious Lady in my Position?
that pony is extremely rare and sought after. you are lucky to have gotten her for that price even in that condition. infact if i didnt already have her i would have been biddding and would have offered more than that lol... buuuut im kiiiinda obsessed with argies so, ya know  :P. so major congrats to you!!
ive bought several argies from that seller and never had a problem with rudeness but if i got that in a message i would be furious as well!! yikes!

i had a situation with an argie from a different seller where the pics purposely didnt show how dirty and rough the pony was. i asked for a partial refund and the seller obliged but then blocked me from any future purchases. which has been a total bummer since they always sell argies and lots of them rare. i have always regretted that.

im not saying you shouldnt be honest but maybe "a soft answer turns away wrath" might be appropriate here.
not for their benefit but for yours
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:41:24 AM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 08:03:47 AM »
I'm very sorry that you had such a bad experience, and while sometimes Nirvana ponies from non collectors can arrive in pretty rough condition (- its actually pretty common ), that does not excuse the way the seller spoke to you :(   do you have a link to the auction so we can see the original photos/description (and the seller ID) please? that helps us understand the situation better and then we can give you better advice on how to proceed :awake:

Yeah, I can more than agree with that.  I don't agree that the person should get a refund, but at the same time, the seller acted very badly too.  Zealotry is bad, bad, bad, and telling someone they need to their personal god to be fixed is ridiculous.  If I had been the seller, I would've been. . .curt, but to the point, and not bring that sort of crazy to the table. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 08:10:14 AM »
Exactly-  the dirty/rusty is very much an expected thing in an Argentina pony (it is very humid there and unless the pony was MOC it will have some tail rust) - and that pony you can tell has tail rust from the pix-  so no surprise.

But...  she reacted very poorly and unprofessionally to your inquiry.  If she is selling on the international market, she should expect a few of the buyers aren't going to be overly familiar with Argie toys direct from Argentina.

I'm guessing what happened was that she can't afford to refund the pony, and read into your question more hostility than was there, and overreacted.   If you aren't satisfied with the pony, you could always send it back for a refund.  I would steer clear of Argies in the future though if I were you- since unless someone bought them and cleaned them all up, they are all going to look a mess inside.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal