collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Huge collection of G1 ponies and accessories to sell ... how to go about it?  (Read 1104 times)

Amethyst

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've been on here. I have a huge collection of G1 ponies and accessories and I've picked out my chosen few and I'm going to sell the rest of my entire collection. I am a bit overwhelmed by how to go about it. I've already listed a few on Ebay (amy2421) but the sheer volume is daunting.

What's the best way to go about it? Plug away little by little and list them on Ebay? I have a lot of really nice ponies and I know there is a lot of value there, but I'm already starting to feel like I don't have the time to do it this way. I guess I could put together big lots... but then should I sell accessories separately? Or do mixed lots? Argh... someone please help me! :)

Thanks so much in advance!!

Amy

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
It depends if you're simply interested in selling quickly, or maximizing your returns.

If you just want the stuff gone, do lots.  If you're looking to get the most out of your collection, offering individual items is the way to go.  If auctions seem like too much of a hassle, you can always try a selling thread here on the arena.  People are more likely to buy when they can pick and choose the items they are missing for their own collections.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
 :hug:  I know what you mean about taking the time to sell a lot of stuff on ebay!  It is much easier/quicker  to sell in lots than to list individual items/ponies, but individual  item/ponies normally sell for more money.

Selling them here can be an easier (and cheaper) option than selling on ebay  .  There are no listing fees here, and you can take group pics of the ponies etc if you prefer (rather than  taking individual pics unless someones asks for them)  ,  then list the individual pony/accessory names underneath the pic with descriptions and prices, or you can sell them auction style and  take bids on them  :awake:   Please note that our site rule is one sales thread per person per page though, so make one thread, not lots of them  ;) hope that helps a bit  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Mixed accessory lots on here! I want them! hehe :D
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
As a buyer I prefer buying ponies one by one, not in lots. I bought a lot once and now I have ponies that I don't know what to do with, plus they're probably in bait condition and I don't want them to become baits. If you have the patience to sell them one by one I'd appreciate it as a buyer.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What I've seen others do on the Arena which seems to work quite well is to take group shots, but offer items individually. When something sells, you can put a mark (star, heart, "sold" tag, w/e) over that item in the picture so you don't have to fudge around with constantly fixing a listing. 

Offering a small discount on lots over X price can also help encourage people to buy more at once!
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Amethyst

These are great ideas! I like the idea of taking photos in lots but selling individually. I have a good camera so I can send individual photos on request.

Thanks for the advice! :)

Amy

Post Merge: April 27, 2012, 04:18:19 PM

How can I insert photos into my post? I've tried everything and can't figure it out.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:18:19 PM by Amethyst »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
You're welcome :hug:   I just saw your post in shout, so hopefully you are ok with uploading your pics now, but if you need any more help let us know  :) 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Amethyst

Yes, thank you! I think I've got it figured out.

I tried bumping my for sale post because I added new stuff, but it "post merged" it even though my last post was more than 24 hours ago. So do I need to bump before I edit, because it treats the edit like a post within 24 hours?

Thanks again!!  :relaxed:
Amy

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
I think you bump by making a new post to the thread, not edit an old post. You could also add a link to your sales thread in your signature.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal