collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 162604 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2013, 03:32:15 PM »
I found TWO Miss Clovers today at TRUS! And for some reason it keeps rotating the pic >.<

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:faint: So lucky!!!

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »
Congrats on more Clover finds! Those ebay prices are nuts!

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »
I love her green colour sheme. I hope I'll find one too... Zelfs started popping up a few weeks ago around here.  :)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2013, 02:49:50 AM »
Hmmmm......

Ebay you say :wonder:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2013, 04:52:35 AM »
Well, the day has come!  I was going to go to target for some household supplies this morning but something drew me to walmart instead...
Here's who I came home with

I literally wiped out all the med. size Zelfs there. :sheepish:

More pics, (please forgive the dark spot in all of them, apparently I have something on my camera lens.)
Spoiler

Venus Flytrap w/ Tressa

Buttershy

Elfa

Pega Sue. I think she's my fav. so far.

Garny

Vampula

Lunanne

Lil' D

I'll still be on the lookout for Angelala, Howelette, Spellinda, Mermalade, Flamy, and of course Miss Clover. XD
Our local TRU is having their grand opening tomorrow (they moved to a new building down the road). I'll be at work but my awesome husband might go check for some MLP and Zelfs for me. I love these little guys!  :heart:
Awesome haul! You are so lucky! ^.^

GummiPony

« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2013, 05:45:38 AM »
I haven't seen them at any other stores. Just Toys R Us. I didn't expect to find and any clovers. I'd been checking once every 1 to 2 weeks since I saw them there about a month ago maybe. I found the one clover and I was looking over the others and completely missed the second on right in front almost.

I think they are just starting to get in the circulation. I always feel guilty because I bought the only two Zelfs that were rare. I felt like a greedy person. I guess I was there,got lucky and there wasn't anyone in that section of the store anyways. I doubt anyone really knows about Zelfs anyways.

SydneyGrey

« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2013, 08:05:39 PM »
Toys R Us has Zelfs on sale right now!  The mediums are 4.99 right now, but the sale has been going on for a few days already, so you might want to hurry if you want to catch that sale. I don't know what the prices of the large and small were.

I had a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase, and ended up buying freaking two each of almost ALL OF THE MEDIUMS for $3.99 apiece.  (I didn't get the werewolf or devil ones because they didn't appeal to me, but I got all of the other mediums.)  Didn't get a Clover, though.  Still, it was such a huge discount I couldn't pass it up while I had the chance.  $3.99 was pretty awesome.  I got one set for myself and one set for my daughter.  LOL.  Luckily my TRU was fully stocked, and had dozens of them.

So we've deboxed several, and the rest I have stored in my closet so we can slowly debox them one-by-one later.  (Or should I say two-by-two?)

By the way, I saw variations in the hair on Pega Sue there, as well.  The two Pega Sues I got each had different hair.  One had hair that was more green, the other had hair that was more pink. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:08:03 PM by SydneyGrey »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2013, 09:39:56 PM »
I put it on ebay :)  Ebay ID tsume1

Damn its gone way too high! I don't think I will ever have her. :sad: :cloud:
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2013, 10:19:47 PM »
Toys R Us has Zelfs on sale right now!  The mediums are 4.99 right now, but the sale has been going on for a few days already, so you might want to hurry if you want to catch that sale. I don't know what the prices of the large and small were.

Oooh. I bet today was the last day of the sale though, with tomorrow being sunday.

Are these available anywhere besides WalMart and TRU? I'm headed out of town tomorrow and I'm planning on trying to hunt some down. There's one WalMart in my town, and that's the only store within 45 minutes' drive that would have them, and no luck. How does WalMart's pricing compare to TRU? (I think they're usually about $7 at TRU, is that right?)

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2013, 03:43:19 AM »
I haven't seen them at any other stores. Just Toys R Us. I didn't expect to find and any clovers. I'd been checking once every 1 to 2 weeks since I saw them there about a month ago maybe. I found the one clover and I was looking over the others and completely missed the second on right in front almost.

I think they are just starting to get in the circulation. I always feel guilty because I bought the only two Zelfs that were rare. I felt like a greedy person. I guess I was there,got lucky and there wasn't anyone in that section of the store anyways. I doubt anyone really knows about Zelfs anyways.

Don't feel guilty! I would have snapped them up too. It's really common for collectors to buy more than one of limiteds anyway, eg one to keep one to sell.  Grats on your luck! Personally I think the price for miss Clover is at it's absolute peak currently and may drop in the long run (because 10,000 - is A LOT.)
I mean, by comparison, limited Disney dolls ( a more more popular franchise) don't raise by THAT % of their original cost and that's with more advertising and smaller editions (for example, typical number  6,000)
I don't think Miss Clover can maintain it

Also - Lulu Luck and Pegasue look like a set!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:39:21 AM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Rainsong

« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »

Oooh. I bet today was the last day of the sale though, with tomorrow being sunday.

Are these available anywhere besides WalMart and TRU? I'm headed out of town tomorrow and I'm planning on trying to hunt some down. There's one WalMart in my town, and that's the only store within 45 minutes' drive that would have them, and no luck. How does WalMart's pricing compare to TRU? (I think they're usually about $7 at TRU, is that right?)

I have only seen them at TRU, but I've seen reports of them being found at Walmart & Target. TRU has them for $12.99, 6.99, and 2.99 as I recall.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »

Thank you! I love them so much. :)

I stopped by TRU 2 days ago to see if they'd re-stocked yet. Still pretty empty, no medium Zelfs at all. I was able to talk to one of the employees though and he said the Zelfs are really popular! He checked his handheld stocktaker/scanner for me to see if there were any more coming to the store soon but it wasn't showing that any were in transit. He said that could be a sign the manufacturer is having a hard time keeping up. I'm glad to hear Zelfs are doing well because I love these little guys but I want them to re-stock soon. I want to find a Miss Clover! XD

Lyra, I noticed too how well Lulu and Pega Sue match eachother! So cute! Adorable pic.
I also think Lil' D and Sunset Shimmer, Howlette and Luna, and of course Buttershy and Fluttershy are cute together and am planning on taking some pics myself soon  ^.^
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:26:17 AM by 3377345 »

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »
I bought an entire set (sans Miss Clover of course) forever-ago, and FINALLY got around to de-boxing them.  I NEED Miss Clover SO MUCH!  I'm a completist, in the worst way:(  I think I'll always look at my (almost) complete collection and frown because of that missing piece.

I'm gonna sound like a lunatic here, but I was reading all the bios, and gushing over the art, and I decided I'd really like to be a zelf, and live in Zardenia!  I haven't felt this way in a long, long time!  Maybe 20 years ago?  I feel like a child again.  My favorite short stories growing up were BUGG books by Stephen Cosgrove.  I loved the illustrations by Charles Reasoner.  I used to imagine living among the Buggs, seeing everything with new eyes.  Everything so tiny to us, buttons, pencils, snowflakes, were so huge to them.  I get that same feeling with these little guys.  *sigh*  SO much love:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SydneyGrey

« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2013, 04:12:08 PM »
Here in Alabama, I've only seen them at Walmart and Toys R Us.  I haven't seen them at Target yet.  They aren't even at all Walmarts here. ... Just SOME Walmarts.  There are three Walmarts in my general area, and only one is carrying Zelfs so far.  I only looked at the pricing of the mediums, but the mediums were $1 more apiece at TRU.  Walmart had them $5.99 and at TRU they were $6.99 (when they aren't on sale). 

I really want a Clover!  But if I never get one, I can live without.  I'm a collector, but not a completist-type collector.  She's cute, though!  I hope I find one in the store, but I don't think I'm going to drive myself crazy driving around town trying to find one.  LOL. 

By the way, I just checked ... the Toys R Us sale is still going on as of today (Monday, Sept. 23).  They're still $4.99 there.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:20:44 PM by SydneyGrey »

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »

Thank you! I love them so much. :)

I stopped by TRU 2 days ago to see if they'd re-stocked yet. Still pretty empty, no medium Zelfs at all. I was able to talk to one of the employees though and he said the Zelfs are really popular! He checked his handheld stocktaker/scanner for me to see if there were any more coming to the store soon but it wasn't showing that any were in transit. He said that could be a sign the manufacturer is having a hard time keeping up. I'm glad to hear Zelfs are doing well because I love these little guys but I want them to re-stock soon. I want to find a Miss Clover! XD

Lyra, I noticed too how well Lulu and Pega Sue match eachother! So cute! Adorable pic.
I also think Lil' D and Sunset Shimmer, Howlette and Luna, and of course Buttershy and Fluttershy are cute together and am planning on taking some pics myself soon  ^.^

Thanks!  ^.^Omg, yes! someone MUST photograph Lil'D and Sunset Shimmer together (Quite ironic as in the movie SS has that weird devil-like transformation!)
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal