collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 162572 times)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #870 on: May 07, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »
I use the charms as hair accessories for my zelfs lol- I wish they were on elastic a instead of string but that could be fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #871 on: May 07, 2014, 11:18:37 AM »
Heh, I like the fact that Lil D's charm has a heart on it. I want to take just one Zelf home, but I don't know which one! Maybe I'll wait until new Zelfs are released..

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 07, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »
New Zelfs!!! We had some, not all, but I got who I wanted! Owlmanda and Dorothy :) :)

We also had Dandy Lion, Lady B, Catsby, Masquerade Buttershy, Masq. Pega-sue, and Masq. Mermalade. No Birchy or Lochlann, so I'm waiting on those! I didn't even see Dorothy until the last minute- there was only one of her left tucked behind some others, and I was so happy!

Owlmanda and Dorothy are both gorgeous!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:15:29 PM by MidnightMocha »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 07, 2014, 04:00:10 PM »
*shoulders slumped* Nothing at my TRU... still just the 11 Garnys sitting on the shelf, with 1 Masquerade Vampula and 1 Masquerade Mermalade. *long sigh*
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 07, 2014, 05:25:21 PM »
*shoulders slumped* Nothing at my TRU... still just the 11 Garnys sitting on the shelf, with 1 Masquerade Vampula and 1 Masquerade Mermalade. *long sigh*

You poor thing- hold out, though! My TRU literally never gets anything new and they totally surprised me today, so yours could be around the bend! Otherwise, maybe try buying the 11 Garneys, keep the receipt, wait for restock, then return them XD Kidding, I would never be able to afford to do that...

That said, if you want me to pick some up for you, I'm happy to do so! I think I grabbed our only Dorothy for now, but we have Lady B, DandyLion, and Owlmanda!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 07, 2014, 06:16:13 PM »
Aw, my first Zelf with bad QC issues. I got a large Webelina, but when I removed her from the box, I realised she had all glue stuck to her face and her sides. The paint seems to have chipped off a bit where the glue is too, and there's a paint scratch across her foot :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 07, 2014, 07:09:29 PM »

Aw, my first Zelf with bad QC issues. I got a large Webelina, but when I removed her from the box, I realised she had all glue stuck to her face and her sides. The paint seems to have chipped off a bit where the glue is too, and there's a paint scratch across her foot :(

I've seen quite a few with bad paint jobs and weird stuff in their hair, so they are definitely not safe from QC issues, but typically I can find a good one without too much trouble.

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 07, 2014, 11:07:02 PM »

Payday is Friday, I'm going to see if I can snag the new Zelfs then! Curious if any of the wave 2 supers have started showing up in the US yet?

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 09, 2014, 06:54:11 AM »

I've seen quite a few with bad paint jobs and weird stuff in their hair, so they are definitely not safe from QC issues, but typically I can find a good one without too much trouble.

I've been pretty lucky with them until now - Paint chips don't bother me, it's just the glue that seems to get to me (possibly because it seems that part of the actual mould has also been chipped near her head too).

But anyway, I've managed to get some of the glue off her at least :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 15, 2014, 07:08:08 AM »
HUZZAH! Wednesday is Zelf Day yet again! :D

I stopped by TRU after work last night and found Series 2 Wave 2! There were 3 Dandy-Lion, 2 Catsby, 1 Dorothy-Doe, 2 Lady B, and 2 Owlmanda.

I bought a Dandy-Lion, Catsby, and Lady B. I passed on the Dorothy-Doe and the Owlmanda because all of them had very messy paint jobs.

Has anyone else noticed the paint jobs on Zelfs are pretty hit-or-miss? Not that I'm complaining too much, they are a very inexpensive toy and I'm grateful for that (especially since I want to collect them all!) but I find it sad that I often pass on ones I find in the store if I can't find one with a good paint job. (For example last month I left behind a Snap Jack and a Kistu because they both have bad paint, and I haven't seen another since :(

I'm also a bit concerned... I thought the Series 2 Wave 1 would be restocked with the Series 2 Wave 2, but it looks like my TRU only got 3 or so cases of Wave 2 alone. I worry that we won't see any more Series 2 Wave 1 Zelfs, which is sad cuz there was several of them I haven't gotten yet! :(

And of course no Jewly. *sigh* I wish she wasn't so pretty... I really want her because she's gorgeous, not because she's rare. -_-
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

pitbullluver21

« Reply #880 on: May 15, 2014, 07:12:30 AM »
You should buy it anyways even if it has a bad paint job because then you can always return it for one that has a good paint job if they get more in stock if they don't then at least you still have one of each character.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 15, 2014, 08:18:11 AM »

HUZZAH! Wednesday is Zelf Day yet again! :D

I stopped by TRU after work last night and found Series 2 Wave 2! There were 3 Dandy-Lion, 2 Catsby, 1 Dorothy-Doe, 2 Lady B, and 2 Owlmanda.

I bought a Dandy-Lion, Catsby, and Lady B. I passed on the Dorothy-Doe and the Owlmanda because all of them had very messy paint jobs.

Has anyone else noticed the paint jobs on Zelfs are pretty hit-or-miss? Not that I'm complaining too much, they are a very inexpensive toy and I'm grateful for that (especially since I want to collect them all!) but I find it sad that I often pass on ones I find in the store if I can't find one with a good paint job. (For example last month I left behind a Snap Jack and a Kistu because they both have bad paint, and I haven't seen another since :(

I'm also a bit concerned... I thought the Series 2 Wave 1 would be restocked with the Series 2 Wave 2, but it looks like my TRU only got 3 or so cases of Wave 2 alone. I worry that we won't see any more Series 2 Wave 1 Zelfs, which is sad cuz there was several of them I haven't gotten yet! :(

And of course no Jewly. *sigh* I wish she wasn't so pretty... I really want her because she's gorgeous, not because she's rare. -_-

So happy you finally got them!!!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 15, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »
Awesome! I'm glad to hear you were finally able to get them! :D
The UK are only just starting to get the next wave of series 2 in as well. I finally got my Dandy-Lion and Owlmanda! But they were the only ones of each in the store.

Like I said, I've been really lucky with paint jobs so far - Only my 'super' Webbina has been of poor quality.

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 15, 2014, 10:19:57 AM »
Only wave 1 here in Spain. I'm waiting for the second one... :wonder: Which Zelf do you think they'll release for Wave 3? I'd really love to get a turtle one, or a parrot, or a giraffe, or a pumpkin....

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 15, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »
Only wave 1 here in Spain. I'm waiting for the second one... :wonder: Which Zelf do you think they'll release for Wave 3? I'd really love to get a turtle one, or a parrot, or a giraffe, or a pumpkin....
We pretty much know the next ones already from toy fair images/video (many pages back in this thread). Unless they change them before production there will be a:
Panda (named Pandela)
Bunny (named Cottontail)
Unicorn
Seahorse
Moose
Cloud
Storm
Ducky
Moth
Cupid
Chihuahua
Garden ?something (named Petal)
The rare Zelf for the wave will be a White Tiger
and there will also be a series of "Zelicious" scented Zelfs that have an accessory they sit in and are scented like:
Frosting (named Frostette)
Bubblegum (named Bubbles)
Chocolate (named Choco?something)
Mint (Spellinda remade)
Berry (Buttershy remade)
Watermelon (Vampula remade)
and a "Bee Sweet Tree House" playset with a honey scented Bee Zelf.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:31:23 AM by 3377345 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal