collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: my oc  (Read 401 times)

thegingerspicepony

• Trade Count: (0)
my oc
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »
I need a little help making an oc for my self. can anypony give me tips on how to start one :blush:

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: my oc
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »
Think about things you like!

For example, what's your favorite breed of pony? Make your pony OC your favorite breed. I love birds and horses, so a perfect breed for me is pegasus.

Favorite colors? Use those for the colors of your pony. If you have a color that stands out most as your favorite, maybe that can be the color of the pony, with other colors you like, or colors that go well with your favorite color, being the colors of the hair. Eyes you might want to match to your own even - same with any color, if you want to match your pony OC's hair to your own, go for it!

For symbols, again, go with what you like, or maybe something you feel talented at. Singing was a big part of my life growing up, no one else in my family sings but I had early choir teachers push me to try out for the choirs you have to audition for, and that was a real boost of confidence for me, especially when I tried out and then actually made them to my surprise, and made music important to me later in life too. Among other reasons, I used music in my symbol because of that. Lately I've been considering making an additional pony persona, because things are changing for me. I'm really into baking, and have always loved sweet stuff, so I'm considering making a pony around that too.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas? :heart:
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »
There really isnt any special guide to making an OC pony, you just need to do what feels right :)

If its a representation of yourself, give them a Cutie Mark that represents your special talent.
For a mane and tail try giving them colors you always wanted or thought looked cool.
If you don't know what type (ie. unicorn, earth, flutter, bat) of pony to be, try taking some quizzes to see what results you get.
Just remember its your character, the possibilities, are endless, and remember to have fun with it!

For simple start to building an OC visually, try the Hubs pony creator or the Pony OC creator by generalzoi
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

thegingerspicepony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 11:33:30 AM »
thank for the help I got to go and make my oc.It will probably be my avatar :satisfied:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 01:53:56 PM »
Everyone makes their OC/persona pony a little differently.  For mine, I just started by drawing a unicorn, since I have always adored unicorns.  I just started drawing the socks and dots without a real plan, I was just doodling.  I colored her yellow because I'm a pretty cheerful and positive person most of the time, then made the dots blue because it's my favorite color and I thought it looked good against the blue.  I didn't know what to do with her hair, so I asked my husband what colors he thought were the most "me" and he said yellow, blue, and green.  I already had 2/3, so I used greens for the hair.  That's about all there was to it.

I have a lot of really diverse interests (I love reading, I am pretty geeky/dorky and love science, I'm passionate about sports, I love music, marching band, my animals, wildlife, drawing, and lots of other random crap lol).  There wasn't a single thing I could think of that summed up who I am in a nutshell, so I never chose a symbol.  Didn't seem that important.

The best advice I can give is to not worry about it too much.  You'll think of a design that works for you and there's no reason to stress it.  :)  I'd just suggest starting basic.  Pick your favorite kind of pony, play with combinations of your favorite colors, and then if you want to have a symbol, you can play with things you love until you find one that fits.  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal