collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: strange boxed pony on ebay, do you know it?  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: strange boxed pony on ebay, do you know it?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2016, 01:20:30 PM »
Hmm, I looked and can't find the listing(s) you guys are talking about.

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 01:24:38 PM »

It's ended now Hun. X

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »

It's ended now Hun. X

I think we can post completed listings?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-My-Little-Pony-G1-Still-In-Box-/322062757111?hash=item4afc6facf7%3Ag%3Ahr4AAOSwnTJXAiuF&nma=true&si=LU0MEykmP9fWDgslfESJmLnifLU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Post Merge: April 05, 2016, 02:09:56 PM

if that doesn't work search "g1 pony still in box"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 02:13:52 PM »
Thanks!

Ah yes, his statement "Butterscotch vintage pony still in box with original accessories"

definitely makes it sound like the pony is vintage and "still" in her original box.

But the box is so obviously hand-made.  Some poor fool will certainly be surprised.

Offline WinterBlossom

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »
Wow, I was at his shop in early March, I handled what I believe to be this pony (as opposed to another Butterscotch they have bought since) out of her packaging and had a chat with the guy working on the stall (who was not the stall owner).

He was very friendly but didn't know a lot about them.

The Butterscotch I handled was a HK standard issue gymkana pony in this box, with light symbol fading and cute but home printed packaging.  She was up for £22 at the time. 

Edit to add:  The packaging was similar to what you would get around a bath gift set or the like, with a semicircular tab to reclose it on the base. 

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
I don't think that the store in general is putting about that this is an original box. It didn't end so very high compared with the store's price, but still too high for my liking given that it's a common Gymkhana Butterscotch who is a basic CF Butterscotch without any of the accessories or the box that would actually make her a shade more valuable than on her own.

The original box comment makes it look as though someone's seen later generation packing and thinks this is G1, or they know it isn't right but are hoping people will think it is because its modelled on more recent packaging. I'd find it funny if not for the fact there are so many new collectors to G1 from G4 and G3 and they genuinely might not notice something like this.

So far as I know, CF Butterscotch here was only ever sold either in this box:
Spoiler
or this one
Spoiler

Both of which clearly picture a photo of the pony, but no plastic - and the curl y on the logo.

But even if they muddled up what happened here with the US release, you'd still get either a clear plastic bag release or a MOC card release so :-/. (Unless there was some confusion over G3 Butterscotch where the seller's mind was concerned...she came in a plastic box...)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:40:18 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2016, 11:02:18 PM »
With common pieces, These places tend to cater less to collectors, and more toward normal people who impulse buy something for nostalga's sake. I overprice my super commons in some venues. too "low" and I get cleaned out and a lot of unhappy people who miss out. It's for nostalgia buyers. these are people who don't want to buy off ebay, be a MLP collector. or pick the same grubby pony for $3 at another table that isn't washed and groomed. they want to replace a childhood piece for memories sake. they want it clean and dressed up and happily pay $20-$30 for that. :)
I completely agree with this.  Even so, I still find the seller's actions very shady :/

The ebay seller is SHADY! they are eluding it to being an original package, and as Taffeta said, there is a lot of lore over UK line as it is. I could easily see a new collector bidding high thinking they're getting something hasbro special. :(  I shared this thread, the listing (once I had permission) so new people in the pony FB group are warned and there are also collectors reporting it to ebay there.

Yes I realized that, I'm sorry if I was vague or unclear :) I also meant to agree with others who were against the seller, and not the shop.  I'm glad you posted all of this so more people are aware of what's going on!

I wonder what will happen now that the auction has ended. As far as I know, there were no other packages for Butterscotch except for the ones mentioned.  I also don't believe there were any releases (except for the retro rerelease) that had her bow already tied in her tail.  I feel sorry for the buyer if they really believed they were buying a genuine MIP item. 

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2016, 10:21:48 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/monkeysemporium/

Found the shop! they likely made the box to protect the loose figures from dust, or damage from handling. plus it's cute. Zoom in on the logo you can clearly see "Monkey's" with "emporium" under it.

Cool stuff, but the person in the Danger Mouse costume is unsettling.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2016, 10:28:58 AM »

Found the shop! they likely made the box to protect the loose figures from dust, or damage from handling. plus it's cute. Zoom in on the logo you can clearly see "Monkey's" with "emporium" under it.

:lol:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 12:02:48 PM »

Who says it's a costume? ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2016, 12:04:21 PM »

Taffeta I actually laughed out loud reading this. So double  :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2016, 12:07:42 PM »

:shocked: *turns around and slips quietly out the door*

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »

So London's an eclectic city ;) Sorry xD. Couldn't resist...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2016, 12:13:26 PM »

So London's an eclectic city ;) Sorry xD. Couldn't resist...

:silly:  Heh, yeah I understand that living in California, I was thinking in terms of that creepypasta Abandoned by Disney.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:19:08 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2016, 12:15:03 PM »
With common pieces, These places tend to cater less to collectors, and more toward normal people who impulse buy something for nostalga's sake. I overprice my super commons in some venues. too "low" and I get cleaned out and a lot of unhappy people who miss out. It's for nostalgia buyers. these are people who don't want to buy off ebay, be a MLP collector. or pick the same grubby pony for $3 at another table that isn't washed and groomed. they want to replace a childhood piece for memories sake. they want it clean and dressed up and happily pay $20-$30 for that. :)
I completely agree with this.  Even so, I still find the seller's actions very shady :/

The ebay seller is SHADY! they are eluding it to being an original package, and as Taffeta said, there is a lot of lore over UK line as it is. I could easily see a new collector bidding high thinking they're getting something hasbro special. :(  I shared this thread, the listing (once I had permission) so new people in the pony FB group are warned and there are also collectors reporting it to ebay there.

Yes I realized that, I'm sorry if I was vague or unclear :) I also meant to agree with others who were against the seller, and not the shop.  I'm glad you posted all of this so more people are aware of what's going on!

I wonder what will happen now that the auction has ended. As far as I know, there were no other packages for Butterscotch except for the ones mentioned.  I also don't believe there were any releases (except for the retro rerelease) that had her bow already tied in her tail.  I feel sorry for the buyer if they really believed they were buying a genuine MIP item. 

sorry I hate speaking in text sometimes. :) I was agreeing with you on the ebay seller end- I thought you thought I didn't agree. I didn't want folks thinking a collector (this case me) condones someone eluding something is original when not- shady practice reading that comment. But had wanted to explain when the price of the store's ponies came into question figured I would give a bit of explanation on that, and the ebay seller end got muddled a bit.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:17:09 PM by FantasticFirefly »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal