collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which G4s are available with forelock?  (Read 1491 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Which G4s are available with forelock?
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:10:28 AM »
I have lost track of the G4 releases. I know they stopped using forelocks, but when? Which was the last pony that had it?

Which ponies came with forelock?
Which exist in both forelock and non forelock version?

-

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Which G4s are available with forelock?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:18:56 AM »
Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Cheerilee, Daisy Dreams and Sweetie Belle. Everyone of these also has a version without forelock.

Blossomforth, Applebloom and Scootaloo were meant to have forelocks, but unfortunately by the time they were released, Hasbro had stopped doing forelocks completely.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
That is interesting!

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:39:20 AM »
Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Cheerilee, Daisy Dreams and Sweetie Belle. Everyone of these also has a version without forelock.

Blossomforth, Applebloom and Scootaloo were meant to have forelocks, but unfortunately by the time they were released, Hasbro had stopped doing forelocks completely.

I see. I agree it's unfortunate. To me it looks like the G4 line is turning more and more into what the G3 line was, with weird butterfly wings, light up ponies, 'princess' dresses, and whatnot. :rolleyes:

Anyway, are prototype pictures of Applebloom and Scootaloo with forelocks still available somewhere?
-

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »
It's such a bummer that they stopped with the forelocks. They were fun! I also like the variations... My Daisy Dreams has the forelock, but, I think she also looks really pretty without it.

I only need RD and Cheerilee with forelocks to have them all...

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
Applebloom has a forelock on the back of the Applebloom/Sweetie Belle fair 2-pack (but it's combed backwards, so not very noticeable). I once saw a photo of the same set boxed on the old arena, with Scootaloo in place of Applebloom, and she had a forelock as well.

Also: Shine Bright Rainbow Dash and Fashion Style Applejack have forelocks. SB Rainbow I have seen without too, but not sure if they've made any FS Applejacks without.

I really like the horizontal forelock too. Matches their show appearance better, and gives the illusion of a fuller mane.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:06:52 AM by SpikeTheDragon »

MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »
It might also be worth noting not all hope is lost getting hold of the earlier forelocked versions either. In a nearby Tescos last week I pushed past the travel ponies to the back where forelocked AJ and Twilight were waiting.

Also look out online for things listed with 'old' or 'damaged' packaging, I've wound up with a few first edition bits and pieces this way long after they were gone from supermarket and toyshop shelves.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal