collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird things your pets do... =)  (Read 5385 times)

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
Weird things your pets do... =)
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:07:54 PM »
I have a small buff male cat named Aslan. He's about 2 1/2 years old. He's such a lover but he is quite odd.

His most odd trait becomes apparent while I am trying to go to sleep. I typically sleep on my side with one arm outstretched. Aslan will curl up on top of my outstretched arm to sleep. Not THAT bid of a deal right? Except I tend to toss and turn for awhile before I actually GO TO SLEEP. So, EVERY TIME I turn over, he will immediately jump over my head to sleep on my other arm. He will do this ALL NIGHT. EVERY time I turn. :lol:

Sometimes he doesnt quite jump far enough and sometimes lands ON MY FACE. :blink: While this is usually not a problem, I just find this behavior mostly amusing and quite odd.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So what I'm leading up to is- I want to know what odd things your pets do!  :P :biggrin: :lol: :P :biggrin: :lol:

Edit: "Aslan" is indeed from Narnia =)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:57:51 AM by MidnightFireflies »

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: Weird things your pets do... =)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »
Samhain (who's asleep in my lap as I type), a one year old domestic short hair.  Whenever someone comes to the front door, he runs to sit in the livingroom or bedroom windows. Like a guard dog except he's my guard cat. :P

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »
My late cat Esmé used to lick the kitchen floor. Not the part where we'd drop food: the floor near our desk. The only thing that gathered there was dust. It was quite odd.
I'll put something here some time

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Today, Jarvis wanted to help me clean my new ponies XD

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
SRS- OMG I love the name Samhain! What an awesome name. Reminds me of Samhain night by Loreena Mckennit (sp?)

NPS- Awww! That's too funny that Esme just sat there and licked the floor! Question...did she happen to eat plastic too by chance?

Kissthethunder- Jarvis looks a lot like Aslan! Looks like he likes to play in the water too! Whoever said cats were afraid of water clearly did not know what they were talking about!

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:13:13 PM »
our orange tabbies want us to watch them eat their food. You have to stand there and pet them a lot before they will even eat.  The two are brothers and bobo wants me to snuggle on the couch every time I am on the computer.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »
MFF: Thank you. He showed up as a stray at my friends house, three days before Oct 1st last year. We're both Wiccan, so the perfect name was Samahin. And yes I like Loreena Mckennit.

KTT: Jarvis, the name reminds me of Tony Starks butler. :) My cat loves the water, isn't phased by it at all.

MFF: Narnia fan? I love the name and he's got intresting colored eyes.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:51:52 PM »
I once gave my ferrets a box full of bait ponies to play with, just to see what they would do.  They took each and every green and greenish-blue pony, and perfume puff Lavender Lace, who has green hair, and they stashed them under their cage.  They have half the basement that's their own safe playroom, and they can't get out of that area.  That was about 2 years ago, and to this day, I still haven't found fizzy.  I've moved furniture, I sweep every day or two, and mop once a week.  I have no idea what happened to her, and I never figured out why they went for the green/blue ones.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 08:59:20 PM »
My dog star (welsh corgi) is very odd. She has back problems so she can't twist properly. When she has an itch on her back she takes a running start and kind of nose dives onto the carpet and then rolls onto her back so the carpet scratches her itch. It looks like she is skating or surfing on the floor.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »
My dachshund wedges his ball in tight places (under the couch, in a shoe, under the TV stand) and then cries like he's dying until you get it out for him.  Less than a minute later, the ball is back in the same spot.  It goes on for hours sometimes.

And my little mutt sleeps on my pillow at night.  Luckily, she's tiny... but I often wake up with a paw on my face or with a small dog as a hat.  Sometimes she switches positions in the middle of the night, gets tired mid-move, and belly flops my face.

:rolleyes:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Mirage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
I took pity on a baity baby surprise and brought it home for the steep price of 25 cents lol. My one cat was immediately drawn to it and sniffed it, tapped it with his paw, bopped it on the head, and carried it around by the mane. He later on would bat it around a little and hug it, kick at it with his back feet.

Our "kitten" (now 13 months but 7lbs.) likes to sleep in our bed, particularly on my legs.. but I toss and turn. She usually just shifts around with me. Sometimes, she has been known to go flying, launched off the bed by a bad dream or other spaz.  :lookround:

Due to the new Furbies, I dug out my old Shelby. My Bichon Frise wants to lick it to death!
He also wants to lick just about anything alive, always. You can't wear shorts in my house without being followed down the hall being licked on the back of your calves. :P We call him a "kissy shark". 

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »
The cat my husband brought to the marriage, Mystik, attacks the water in the water bowl.  It has a reservoir and every time it gurgles he gives it the eye but when we fill the reservoir up he hides behind something ready to pounce and the instant it is put down on the floor he's right at the bowl swiping at the water with his paw!  It's so weird but so cute!
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 09:41:16 PM »
My dog farts every time he jumps up on the couch ... XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »
Onigiri has very few teeth, yet still manages to breathe in her food.

Shada bonks you with her nose when she want's to be petted.

Nori licks everything and nothing obsessively.

Sandy climbs up to my face. Then he puts one front paw on each of my shoulders and squashes the side of his head against my face. Then he'll give me a kiss and then squash his head into my face again. And he'll do this over and over until I make him get down. He's been doing it since he was little.

Pixel falls asleep in his food dish.

Kyo plays in water and eats stinging insects.

Arachne mauls water.

Poseidon rides around on Kappa.

Kappa carries Poseidon around.

Alternity dances for his food.

Shayde will only eat his favorite color food. The rest he throws on the floor.

Lady Galadriel throws a fit if she she doesn't have her millet spray at all times.

Luna likes to play flashlight tag.

Pocket likes to rip the eyes out of stuffies, pull out all their stuffing, and nest in their skin.

I can't think of anything particularly odd the others do.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 11:27:06 PM »
NPS- Awww! That's too funny that Esme just sat there and licked the floor! Question...did she happen to eat plastic too by chance?

No, she didn't, that was the weird thing: she showed no indication of having...that disease where you eat non-food things. Just that part of the floor. It had me baffled.

She also refused to drink from her water bowl, and would sit on the sink and meow until someone turned on the faucet for her.
Meatball once dropped his favorite toy in the toilet. *shrug* I guess he was experimenting to try and make it flush?
I'll put something here some time

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal