collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: POUNDS FOR PONIES - We are on our way! Sign-ups closed.  (Read 65222 times)

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
Here is the extra info you asked for..... it doesn't look like much compared to what others are doing, but I am twice the size of some of you guys so 3 days a week is enough for this body to start with...... I don't think my knees/ankles could cope with much more, I need a rest day in between.

I am doing the C25K program & I am up to week 4 this week & I have the whole program planned out on my calendar, here is what I'll be doing next week:

Monday 30th Jan:  W5D1, Warm-up Walk 5 mins, Run 5 mins, Walk 2 mins, Run 4 mins, Walk 2 mins, Run 5 mins, Walk 2 mins, Run 4 mins, Cool-down walk 5 mins.
Wednesday 1st Feb: W5D2, Warm-up walk 5, Run 6, Walk 1, Run 4, Walk 1, Run 6, Cool-down Walk 5.

Friday 3rd Feb: W5D3, Warm-up Walk 5, Run 9, Walk 2, Run 5, Walk 2, Run 2, Cool-down Walk 5.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:57:55 PM by megt19 »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Oh yeah!  I forgot, psyknife - I'll PM you or post a screenshot of my Weight Watchers online weight tracker after my weigh-in day so you can be sure I'm not fudging my progress.  :)  That way, I'll be accountable not only to myself, but to you and others as well.

For exercise, I plan just to do my workout DVD as much as possible thoughout the week.  Work is entering a busy time and I'm not home much in the evenings - usually just long enough to cook dinner, eat dinner, and go to bed!  It will calm down in a few weeks though.  And I think Weight Watchers is doing a Couch to 5K thing this year like they did last year so I'll participate in that again, but I don't have concrete details yet.

On a related note, I need to top up the air in my exercise ball but I can't get the plug out!  Any ideas?  That thing is wedged in there good!

megt19

sorry about the weird formatting above ^^^- this new Arena does not like me.....

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
I'm in!

Height: 5'6"
Weight:  227 lbs

Measurements using tape measure - 
Chest:
38"
Waist: 44"
Hips:  48"

GOALS
1.)
What is your goal weight?  I'm not sure.....being under 200 is a start, I'd love to get down to 160lbs BUT realistically 180lbs is about right for me
2.) What are your goal inches? not sure exactly, I'd like to fit into a size 10 jeans and wear large T-shirts again though (US sizing)
3.) What habits do you want to break? Snacking on junk, not exercizing, poor eating habits in general
4.) What habits do you want to develop?  making better food choices conciously, exercising regularly

PLAN
1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)?  This includes how many days per week you are exercising... how many minutes/hour(s) you are exercising that day... WHAT type of exercising you are doing... etc.

Mon: 5 min warm up on eliptical, 20 mins concentrating on back/biceps on machines, 20 min cardio eliptical
Wed: 5 min warm up on bike, 20 mins concentrating on legs/abs on machines, 20 min cardio bike
Fri: 5 min warm up on eliptical, 20 mins concentrating on chest/triceps on machines, 20 min cardio eliptical
-walking at least a mile on 3 of the other days
-Increase cardio on bike and eliptical by the end of February 2012
*My husband and I are doing this together, we started Jan 2 2012, we go together to the gym in the morning before we go to work*

2.) What steps are you going to take to improve your nutrition?
Planning meals for the week on Sunday and writing them down
ONLY eating out ONCE per week
NO fast food (McD, Wendy, Taco Bell, BK, etc)
Carefully planning breakfast, lunch, and 2  healthy "snack" times throughout my day
Making better choices when we do eat out
Always drinking a glass or bottle of water before my snack or meal
I get "1" soda PER day, no exceptions, otherwise water, and 50/50 juice only

WHY: What are your reasons for wanting to get into better shape and play with us in this journey?
I NEED to get into better shape in general.  I feel so overweight and bloated and I HURT in my joints from it.  I also hate how exhusted I get running after the kids at work (I teach preschool).  I want to feel good and look good again.  Also, at the end of 2012 my husband and I are planning a trip to Australia, and I want to be able to do fun stuff like snorkeling without being exahusted.  Finally, I want to be in shape when we do decide to have a family (within the next 2 years).  My family has a history of being overweight as we get older, and developing diabetes, and all sorts of other ailments.  I also know that being in better shape will help my migraines.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:25:11 PM by Ponytails »
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

megt19

^^ Yay! someone a similar size to me!!! ^^^^^

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
I would like to join!   I fall into the need to loose "after pregnancy weight".  I don't really gain weight in my waist. I gain it all in my hips and butt so I had a pretty small waist before my 2 kids came along.  Now I have that flabby belly that I have heard is impossible to get rid of.  Is that true?
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 176 lbs
Measurements using tape measure -
Chest:
34"
Waist: 36" (but I am 41" lower down on my waist with my belly and love handles. Don't know which measurement is right.  I would like to loose my belly and love handles!)
Hips: 45"
GOALS
1.) What is your goal weight? 
150 lbs   
2.) What are your goal inches?   I am not sure what to shoot for.  Is 3 in. on hips and waist to much for a 90 day run or should I shoot for 2 in.?
3.) What habits do you want to break?  Eating while watching TV.  I tend to snack to much on the couch.  Not buying any more microwaveable fried foods, such as- french fries, chicken nuggets, fish sticks....
4.) What habits do you want to develop?   Eat more vegetables!  I hate eating vegetables by themselves so I want to find recipes that mix the vegetables into the meal.  Like casseroles but not that fattening.  And keep up with my exercise regimen.
PLAN
1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)?  This includes how many days per week you are exercising... how many minutes/hour(s) you are exercising that day... WHAT type of exercising you are doing... etc.

-- I have an elliptical machine that I just got for Christmas that I will be using and since I am a stay at home mom and can not really go to the gym for strength training I am going to do the home workouts that I have found in magazines.  ~Updated- I found that my magazines say to do 10-15 reps of each workout and that they take about 15 to 20 min. all together so I adjusted that below.  And I am going to do my workout plan at about 7pm everyday.~
Monday- 5 min. stretch followed by 30 min. on elliptical machine.  Alternating at level 4 then level 10 every 3 min.
Tuesday- 5 min. stretch followed by 15 min. home workouts.  10-15 reps of 6 different workouts that work different muscle groups.
Wednesday- 5 min. stretch followed by 30 min. on elliptical machine.  Alternating at level 4 then level 10 every 3 min.
Thursday- 5 min. stretch followed by 15 min. home workouts.  10-15 reps of 6 different workouts that work different muscle groups.
Friday- 5 min. stretch followed by 30 min. on elliptical machine.  Alternating at level 4 then level 10 every 3 min.
Saturday- 5 min. stretch followed by 15 min. home workouts.  10-15 reps of 6 different workouts that work different muscle groups.
Sunday- Rest
- I will probably increase the cardio to 45 min to an hour after a couple of weeks.  And I may increase the workouts to 20 min. later too.
2.) What steps are you going to take to improve your nutrition?
--I want to follow a "counting calorie" diet.  I got an app. for my iphone to help me.  It says I can eat 1300 calories a day, for my weight and height, to loose 2 lbs per week.  So I am going to keep track of my calories on the app.  You can also put your exercises in it and it will calculate the average calories you burned doing that exercise so that you can eat that many calories back in that day, if you want to.
--I also have a book I got a long time ago that I need to crack open, called the 400 Calorie Fix.  That will help me with recipes and how many calories are in different things that don't have calorie info. like vegetables and fruits... and all sorts of other good info.
WHY
What are your reasons for wanting to get into better shape and play with us in this journey?

I have been wanting to loose my "after pregnancy weight" for a while now.  And I don't like what I look like in the mirror any more and I am WAY out of shape.  So I was going to start a diet and exercise regimen this year as a new years resolution and then I saw this post and thought what a great motivator! One of the best motivators is encouragement so I thought joining this group will be great to help keep us all going and not fall off the wagon.  Plus a new pony at the finish line is always a big plus!   :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:05:47 PM by Gypsy_Nights »
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
^^ Yay! someone a similar size to me!!! ^^^^^

I HEAR ya!!! 
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
This sounds great! One question- my exercise plan couldn't be as ambitious as some. I have lower back problems- I lost some weight a year ago, and have gained a lot back since my back got bad (again). I'm trying to get it fixed, but I'd have to stick to fairly low-impact stuff. And build up cardio slowly... I have a heartbeat irregularity that's not considered dangerous, but I do have to be careful about triggering it. I'm not asking for medical advice or anything, just making sure I can participate even if I'm not doing as much. Thanks! -EB

Disregard the Prologue

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
EmberBright... that's why this is a "set your own goals" challenge... I'm not telling people what to do... but, I do plan on offering suggestions and stuff to help challenge people :)
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
I would like to join!   I fall into the need to loose "after pregnancy weight".  I don't really gain weight in my waist. I gain it all in my hips and butt so I had a pretty small waist before my 2 kids came along.  Now I have that flabby belly that I have heard is impossible to get rid of.  Is that true?
I'm not sure if it is true or not, but it certainly seems that way.  My belly has always been the first place to add inches, so I may not be the best judge on that.  I just wish the stretch marks weren't so bad... I have a road map on my road map!  Oh, and I also didn't know which measurement to take, so I did both around my waist (smallest part) and my belly button and love handles.  I want to loose a few inches from there, but I don't know what would be right because I have hip bones that the measuring tape may or may not be on, haha.

I am married I don't need to be like crazy good looking person.  But *pats poor chest* it really slugs your confidence in the teeth.  :hug:

Totally!  I've been buying extra padding for that... ahem... area... so I can wear clothes!  Seriously, no dressy shirts fit me properly, and don't get me started on everything I wore while nursing!  My goodness, that area sure changed size in a heartbeat!

I made some adjustments to my workout post to say what I'll be doing in my day to day plan for the first few weeks.  It may change as the weeks progress depending on if I get bored with things, and if it does, I'll let you all know!  This is a really great idea!  I'm so glad to have an accountability team!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:15:18 PM by sabathamk »

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

megt19

Totally!  I've been buying extra padding for that... ahem... area... so I can wear clothes!  Seriously, no dressy shirts fit me properly, and don't get me started on everything I wore while nursing!  My goodness, that area sure changed size in a heartbeat!

I am the complete opposite - since having kids my boobs are bigger than my head LOL

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Added in my workout plan  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile

I am married I don't need to be like crazy good looking person.  But *pats poor chest* it really slugs your confidence in the teeth.  :hug:

I hear that!  I ended up with stretch marks in that area right after my first was born because I gained weight so quickly there.  I've never been to big in that area.  And now their size is gone and they are like pancakes almost.  So much for the perkiness.  I am married as well so its not to big of a deal but it really does sock it to your confidence.  My hubby says it doesn't bother him but I'm sure it does a little.  He's just trying to be nice.  It does make me feel a little better to hear it though.

Post Merge: January 26, 2012, 04:13:58 PM

Sometime I will be doing Yoga x3 a week, but I'll also be doing Zumba as well on Tues/Thurs,
SurfStar......Do you have the Zumba video game?  Or is it a class?  Do you like it?    My friend has Zumba the video game and said she likes it so I thought I would get it to.  And when I searched it on ebay I found that there is a Zumba and a Zumba 2.  So I'm not sure which to get. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:13:58 PM by Gypsy_Nights »
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
I really want to get 'just dance' as it packs a workout and is so much fun!

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I definitely want to do this! I'll have to put in my info later or tomorrow though, I don't know my measurements right now.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal