collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Points Program  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Points Program
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »
Part of the Frilly Frocks problem/disaster was that about a month prior to offering her they had a online survey to find out what people would like from the points program.  It was multiple choice, and the last question asekd which we'd rather have: a few points for a small item (like a bracelet), a few more points for a pony, or a huge amount of points for a large plush.  You could ONLY pick one choice though.  Based on that survey, they did not make enough of her for demand.  So between lack of product made AND the huge typo on the mail order slip, Hasbro threw in the towel on the whole thing.

I will say though, that they were very nice about fixing their mistake and getting anyone who sent in the points and money (by a specific date) their big plush.  It just took a few months . . . almost 9 months in my case.  But I did get one eventually!
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 11:32:01 AM »
I was so excited for g2 seabreeze when I a girl. I'd like if they'd do something similar again.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 07:29:26 PM »
I remember the insert I had on the only pony I bought for the mail orders... I wanted them all!  Sigh.  I never bought G3's though, but I do remember hearing about the points program.  I love that sort of thing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »
I feel that if they ever did it again, it would probably be related to internet cyber points like everyone else is doing now. I can see it as a virtual pony though, and probably not a real one.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »
I'm still bummed I never got Frilly Frocks  - by the time they processed my order I got a letter saying she was no longer produced/out of stock. They sent me another "Love Letter" :P

I did like the point programs - still wish my mom would have sent in for the G1 ponies. I don't know why she never did.

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »
I did experience the points program but not all offers where available to the Netherlands as far as I know (I couldn't read the brochures yet so my mom told me, perhaps some were but I didn't have enough points. It must have been something like that ;-) It's too bad because I would loved them, and to be a member of the fan club as well.
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »
I loved the points program, it was fun! It seemed like it turned out to be a big hassle for Hasbro--not just the Frilly Frocks but also all the rest of the items they had available. I remember them being out of stock or big delays. I suppose they didn't find it worthwhile to attempt again....

Oh, and another thing. With how dreadful Hasbro's quality control I would not trust to be mailed a pony that's even slightly acceptable. I've only bought one G4 I haven't seen myself online (from Taobao) and she's my first one with errors (and the ONLY pony I wouldn't want them on). I do not want to go through that again. XP

lol come on you can't really fault them for quality control on a product that was most likely stolen from the factory and they never intended to sell. ;)

I'm still bummed I never got Frilly Frocks  - by the time they processed my order I got a letter saying she was no longer produced/out of stock. They sent me another "Love Letter" :P

Man! You sent 150 points in and you only got one Love Wishes? I would have been so mad! >.< They could have at least sent you more than one!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
I still have a TON of those points from the G3s in a jewelry box. I got a few things, but I had missed out on some too. >.<

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »
It was kind of a silly error on Hasbro's part with the Frilly Frocks thing. I'd love for them to just offer pony figures again. It's so much fun!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
hah! I still have the points from my g2's and a few g1 points!
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal