collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you reeeaallly wanted but didn't have as a kid  (Read 8779 times)

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you reeeaallly wanted but didn't have as a kid
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
I wanted one of the Soft Sleepy Newborn ponies. I went to visit my cousin once, and we played ponies, and she had one. I was SO jealous. Actually, the only picture I have of me with ponies as a kid was from that trip. I'm pretty sure the jealousy would be easily visible in my eyes, if I weren't too busy pouting to look at the camera :P

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Needless to say, I never got one. (Until a couple of years ago.) But that is the one and only pony I have memories of wanting as a child. I'm sure there were more....but that's the only one I remember after so long.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 11:11:11 PM »
I wanted Boy ponies! I had two baby boys but my friend in my apartment complex had a daddy pony and a big brother pony. I wanted them So bad! I had to make my manliest looking girls be daddy ponies.  :huh:

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 11:36:14 PM »
Applejack. My childhood grail. I had 3 ponies, my well-off friend had 25, but I wanted Applejack. Oh yes. I had to make do with a cardboard cut-out we used to make.
Then a few years ago, I walked past a market stall, and saw an Applejack, first MLP I'd seen since the 80s. For 50p. Instantly I had warm fuzzy MLP flashbacks, grabbed it, and have been collecting ponies ever since.

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 01:46:58 AM »
Mimic. My friend had 5 of her.
She let me play with them.
Another one I reeeaaally wanted a second Flurry. I.. dunno why but when poor Flurry lost one of her wings I thought she needed a twin to keep her happy!
Also I'm like a few of you. I had Baby TAF Sugarberry and Baby TAF Dancing Butterflies that my friend got me as a bday present and I was like mum, they need their mummys!

Offline PonyMonsters

• MOC Swirly Whirly
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Proud Swirly Whirly hoarder!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 03:25:45 AM »
Applejack. My childhood grail. I had 3 ponies, my well-off friend had 25, but I wanted Applejack. Oh yes. I had to make do with a cardboard cut-out we used to make.
Then a few years ago, I walked past a market stall, and saw an Applejack, first MLP I'd seen since the 80s. For 50p. Instantly I had warm fuzzy MLP flashbacks, grabbed it, and have been collecting ponies ever since.

^^ this :)

I wanted Applejack so badly - all of my pony-owning friends seemed to have her (sometimes more than one of her) but I never got her. I had 6 ponies but I think they were all gifts from people, my parents didn't approve of ponies and my dad said to me last year "I always hoped you wouldn't get into ponies, they're a load of old rubbish!" - this was before he knew we collected.....

I also wanted Peppermint Crunch, my friend had her and I loved her smell, colour and wings!

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 05:41:18 AM »
So many, but mostly:

I wanted all the ponies from the picture disc but didn't get Posey, Applejack and Bowtie until recently.

I also wanted Wind Whistler, Fizzy, Gusty and Rosedust because of their roles in the TV series and film and *still* don't have Fizzy and Gusty (woe is me!!)

Oh and Cotton Candy too, I had a rug with her picture on it by my bed and I always wanted the toy of her but I think she was sold ever so slightly before my time. I'll get her one day!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 11:53:02 AM »
Gusty, all the big brother ponies, Princess Tiffany, Bubbles and Seashell (I loved the star on their foreheads), Cotton Candy and Minty, Baby Blossom, Baby Moondancer, all of the newborns, I still love them.
Paradise Estate!! And Megan's place.

Looking through the list of ponies, I am amazed at how many cool ones I had and how I wish I had kept them! But I had 2 little sisters...

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »
I had only one G1 coloring book, and on the back cover it had a few illustrations of ponies (they seemed kinda random...but they may have been from the year the coloring book was from? Maybe..). 2 of those ponies were BnG Twisty Tail and Chief. I really wanted them but didn't even have any idea they were made into toys!

I also wanted Princess Tiffany because I loved her in The Quest of the Princess Ponies. Again, I had no idea she, or any princess, were toys.

I might have wanted Fizzy too, because I did like her in the movie. But that may have been after seeing pictures of her...not sure..

The cool thing is later on, once my friends found out how much of a collector I was, they gave me the only 2 ponies they had (which I think they said were given to them by an older friend/family member) - one of which was Twisty Tail! =D

I also eventually got Tiffany from ebay (and have since found 2 more in thrift stores..) and I also got Fizzy in a thrift store. I nearly had a cow when I saw her there waiting for me...by that time I certainly did want her, and badly. :heart:

Still looking for Cheif though. Someday..! =)

*ETA*

Ooh, I also had that "A Day at the Beach" pamphlet (for some reason..) and I always wanted all the ponies pictured in it - which included the pearly babies, Mommy and Baby, and Rapunzel, haha. Actually I don't think I wanted Punzie as bad as some of the others. Pity that offer was already a few years over by that time. I remember sometimes I'd have fleeting thoughts about how it may not have been too late...lol!

Naturally most of these ponies are not in my possession - only pearly babies Blossom and Surprise at this point. But sometimes I think I remember having a Firefly from that set long ago. Either I'll find her in a box someday or I just wanted her SO badly that I'm mixing up old desires with real memories. =P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:30:16 PM by PinkRosedust »
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »
Whitecap! And some of the TAF babies, but Whitecap was the huge one. Baby Splash too, and some of the UK family ponies were up there as well. I've gotten just about all of those ones now though :)

Offline Napper

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »
Tux, I remember having the pamphlet with him in it. I had all the points and kept asking my parents to mail off for him and they never would. :'(

My Sale List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal