collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 71798 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1620 on: March 20, 2024, 03:37:07 PM »
Pokey, I'm glad you're okay.  :hug:

Heart of Midnight  :hug:

My tax return is still processing according to the IRS website.  I don't understand why it's taking so long.  The accountant did my taxes and my parents' on the same day.  I checked the info on the IRS website and none of the reasons for a delayed refund mentioned apply to me.  I also have not gotten any letters from the IRS saying there's a problem.  I know some years my tax refund went through before my parents.  I'm hoping that maybe there was just a lot of tax returns filed at the same time due to the rumor that the US government was about to shut down and there wouldn't be money for tax refunds.  The accountant's office told me not to worry and my return should be processed soon, but that was last week.   

I sympathize with everyone on the out of stock items.  A few years ago I ordered my favorite eyeshadow color direct from the company.  When I went back to get more, my favorite color was out of stock and has been ever since.

I know bad things happen to everyone, but it seems like I'm being dealt bad things one right after the other.

I feel like every time I log on to Disney + on the Smart TV we end up watching stuff my parents want to watch instead of what I want. Most of the time it's something I like also thoug.  I don't want to throw a fit about it.  I know there's things that I would like and my mom probably would too, but my dad would literally leave the room if they were on. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 03:43:01 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1621 on: March 20, 2024, 04:16:25 PM »
yeah some years the refund arrives really fast but sometimes it takes a month or so. during 2020 i think it was my parent's took like 6+ weeks. i'm not sure if the IRS is still short staffed but i know that was an issue under the previous pres. administration. they were supposed to increase funding but if i remember correctly some of that funding didn't pan out because our congress is full of buttheads and rich people don't want to pay taxes. it's hard to keep track of all of the politics :D

it looks like the entire US government won't shut down, the IRS will remain open but with a smaller "essential" staff. i haven't seen anything in the news about that affecting money for tax refunds. here's an article discussing the last possible shutdown on March 8. https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/4494796-will-i-get-my-tax-refund-if-the-government-shuts-down/. they kicked the can down the road and passed a stop gap measure to give themselves until Friday to pass a bill to keep funding the government. i think they'll probably kick the can down the road once more. seriously our gov. is run by dummies :huh:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 21, 2024, 04:01:18 AM »
I really want to make a spreadsheet with data and a calculator for my online game that's diffferent to the one I already made that simply tallies my men (i.e. I want one that also does calculations for how much raw material of different tiers I will need to get a specific tier) but for the troops one I don't know what format I want DX Plus I'm working with Open Office and not Excel which is more annoying

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 21, 2024, 09:31:02 PM »
Well, I think I may have found a good replacement vehicle.  BUT I'm annoyed I have to buy a new one right this second.  I mean, I have the money for one, but I wanted to save that money for something else, like a house down payment.  I definitely don't want to take out a loan because then I'd be paying interest when I don't have to.  But I'm nervous to use my debit card for such a large purchase, since I've never paid for something this expensive at one time before.  My bank is out of state so I can't just pop in for a money order or cashier's check.  I'm going to call my bank tomorrow and get everything set up because I have an appointment to test drive a car on Saturday and I REALLY don't want any surprises keeping me from getting a car.  I have to return the rental by Monday unless I want to pay for it so I really need something sooner rather than later.  Plus, the rental is larger than I'm used to driving so I don't want to drive it any more than necessary.  It makes me nervous to think I might accidentally hit something because I'm not used to the size.

On the plus side, I think if I can pay in full I might be able to negotiate a cheaper price.

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 22, 2024, 07:11:30 AM »
good luck @Pokey!! i find it so annoying that in most places cars are a must have. they're so expensive. i know a lot of must haves, like housing, are expensive but have to shell out $20k+ at minimum in order to mostly get to and from work is insane to me. it's crazy that it's just normalized.

today my complaint is i'm really tired. i was feeling better for a while but yesterday and today i feel like i've had all my energy drained. Also i have to do work in the garden this weekend because my plants are arriving. and i have to run errands. it's also my birthday weekend and i haven't planned anything. i'm excited to make the backyard pretty though.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1625 on: March 22, 2024, 09:05:43 AM »
I'm hot, I'm cold, I'm hot, I'm cold.

My mom said that I'm going through early menopause. Could be, I started at 9 and I'm 42 so... if that's what it is, it sure sucks.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1626 on: March 22, 2024, 09:30:28 AM »
I was gonna call the vet to update on Simba. The voicemail had a different voice. Now it said they had call times and I was out of it. So I'm figuring if I just gonna email or call on monday. I need to make an appointment for bloodtest now that he's been without medicine. I was supposed to get back within 7-10 days. Monday will be more than that. I also read that the practice have been bought by this big capitalist firm.. we have been lucky up here that most practices are private with good competition, but with this new player who knows how the market will be. I hope it wont be worse and they increase the prices. I love this vet, I don't want to go to anyone else.

I also noticed my schedule is different at the start at the upcoming week than it's supposed to be. Entire different routes and times. I called the planning who said to talk to my manager so I emailed my manager and she said she had not seen these changes and was gonna ask another person and get back to me.. it's my day off I don't need this.. but it's past five now and she has not gotten back to me yet so I might as well turn it off now. I told the planning that I could still work those hours but it was weird it's not what I have on paper.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 22, 2024, 11:14:27 AM »
big *hug* to BC <3
Good luck with the car Pokey!!

I know there's things that I would like and my mom probably would too, but my dad would literally leave the room if they were on. 

My dad's exactly the same way! Well, he just complains/snarks about the shows/films me and Mum like and he's not interested in, rather than at least giving it a go, but y'know. So weird.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1628 on: March 23, 2024, 04:19:29 PM »
So there was a car accident outside our house this evening. I say outside, it was on the other side of the road, and we don't know exactly what happened. None of us saw it - Mum heard it, and it was a lot of screeching and a loud bang. There's a car with a wrecked rear end and the local police still out there at the moment...our opposite neighbour has a chunk out of her wall and I'm not totally sure if her outhouse is stable or if that's wrecked as well, difficult to see in the dark. Our bus stop is right there too, so no idea if it's safe to go over there.

There was only the one car so we were trying to work out how it happened exactly. Fortunately it doesn't look like anyone was hurt. But the owner of the house where the wall is smashed is an older lady in her eighties. It's a lot of hassle for her to have to deal with, especially this late at night.

People do sometimes speed through our loop, we've had a fatal accident here before. I admit, that's the first thing we all thought of, but fortunately not - no ambulances, nothing like that this time. I just wish people would drive more carefully :/ We need speed bumps, especially by the ponds for the water birds.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1629 on: March 23, 2024, 05:48:17 PM »
I have a complaint about cars too. Well, a car and a man working on said car. My bedroom window overlooks the parking lot in the back. There's this old man who has been working on his car for a few days, but today whatever he was doing was extra loud. Sounded like grinding gears, if I'm honest. But what really made me roll my eyes was my female neighbor came out with her dog and this old man started talking to her about fixing the car. She was less than impressed. He asked her what car was hers and she pointed to the their blue van. He said, and I quote, "Oh, you have to have a cover for it or it will rust! We're in Florida, all cars will rust if they aren't covered!" ...there is exactly one (1) guy who covers his car in the whole parking lot, and it's not even this guy!

Also, it's untrue that *all* cars will rust. Most cars from people who move here from other states rust and get that boiled paint look on top. Our SUV, which we had for almost 20 years was all black and didn't rust or have paint weirdness. And no, we didn't cover it. Heck, my dad couldn't even be bothered to put the sun protector in the windows half the time.

Anyway, it far too early to listen to someone mansplain car maintenance. I felt sorry for my neighbor!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 24, 2024, 07:15:18 AM »
lol BC. that poor woman. i remember when i was growing up in the 90s reading flirting advice that you should let guys teach you stuff. maybe even pretend you don't know something and let him teach you. so basically mansplaining is good if it's flirting. so gross!

Taffeta, that accident sounds scary. i'm glad no one was hurt.

my complaint today is i'm tired from getting all of the gardening supplies that were delivered yesterday moved into the backyard. ordering plants is so much easier than doing to actual work :D

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1631 on: March 24, 2024, 08:24:16 AM »
Oh, man. I remember reading that too >_< Those magazines were terrible :lol:

Today my complaint is about the weather. It gets nice and chilly at night and the mornings are beautiful, but by 6pm it's in the 80s and humid. I'd like to open my windows but I can't take the humidity... and it's only March! :faint: I can't begin to think how bad it's going to be in the summer. I have to get out of the South.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 24, 2024, 10:34:33 AM »
I hate my head sometimes.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

the weather here is weird too. it's cool and windy today. but not sunny so it feels cold. not ideal weather for working outside. also tonight it's supposed to storm so i'm hoping the plants will be ok.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 24, 2024, 11:36:13 AM »
i want to stop itching!!!!!  AUGH 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal